Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Multiple CCL Purchases (Round 4) Options
SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 1:56:43 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Late morning on Friday, October 11th I put in one order with a new store and early morning on Sunday, October 13th I put in a second order with a repeat store.

I met the free shipping requirement at the first store and spent a flat fee for the second store. and each store has a minimum of 400 Heros and less than 2 combined Mortals and Villains each.

Order #1 - 19 comics

Order #2 - 5 comics

A week after the first order and the status are as follows:

Order #1 - Received a PM on Sunday noting that one book was mis-listed and three not the grade they were supposed to be. A refund was given for all four books and the three misgraded books were included in the shipment (now for free) and a "couple of extras" to make up for the problems. I received the order on Friday, October 18th and everything is as described in the PMs and the couple of extras were well selected books that I'll happily add to my collection. Overall, while this was yet another mislisting problem for me*, the communication and refunds and (overcompensating, but welcome) freebies were well handled.

Order #2 - I PM'd the seller prior to order to confirm a variant as I had recently had a couple mislisting problems with this seller. He confirmed the variant was properly listed, so I pulled the trigger. Less than two hours after the order was entered, I received a PM that one of the five comics I ordered (not the previously confirmed one) was not actually in stock. An offer for picking other books were made and I (somewhat begrudgingly) picked two super common books after confirming the trading cards in them are there to replace the rare one (the cost was about the same).

I almost ordered just for the one book he didn't have a few days earlier. Thankfully, another book was listed at a super discounted price from other places and that's the book this entire order hinges on now. Package is currently in-transit.

*Not including grading issues or found damaged upon pulling, of the last 40 orders, 22 have had problems due to poor seller inventory control. That's over 50% and the 22 problems occurred with 14 of 19 sellers. So, yeah, I'd still say stores have too many inventory problems.

As a related aside, today I just made a 55 book order from mycomicshop.com/Lone Star Comics. It'll be interesting to see what kind of trainwreck this becomes.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 2:44:09 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

SwiftMann wrote:
As a related aside, today I just made a 55 book order from mycomicshop.com/Lone Star Comics. It'll be interesting to see what kind of trainwreck this becomes.

I am not meaning this to be an attack to SwiftMann, just a general question related to his post. What kind of issues do people seem to have with Lone Star. I have made several orders with them over the last few years and have never had any problems. Each time I have order over $50 worth of books and I have never had any missing or horribly misgraded. I do admit that I am not an expert on comic grading so maybe if I was I would be picky about the difference between a 7.0 and a 7.5.
b0bafett
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 2:49:46 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

My issues with them have been misgraded books, sending the wrong book & if you have a issue its like pulling teeth to get something fixed
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 3:00:46 PM

Guess I've just been lucky then. Well, hope it works out for you Swift. You have had terrible luck with sellers here for quite some time now. Stinks that there's that many poor sellers out there.
Xylob
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 3:04:31 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

My only experience with Lonestar was so bad that I will never consider doing business with them again.
It was one of my worst online buying experiences ever.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 3:12:10 PM

Shop at My Store

jbeeman85 wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

I am not meaning this to be an attack to SwiftMann, just a general question related to his post. What kind of issues do people seem to have with Lone Star. I have made several orders with them over the last few years and have never had any problems. Each time I have order over $50 worth of books and I have never had any missing or horribly misgraded. I do admit that I am not an expert on comic grading so maybe if I was I would be picky about the difference between a 7.0 and a 7.5.

I hope to not have any, but I've heard some horror stories. My only experience with them was well over a decade ago. I only have a vague memory of it but it took months to ship and I never got a refund for unshipped/out-of-stock books.

The order is variant heavy, so they have a LOT of rope to hang themselves with.

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 3:14:59 PM

Shop at My Store

jbeeman85 wrote:
Stinks that there's that many poor sellers out there.

While I'd definitely call some of them "poor" there have been a few that are quick to identify erroneous listings, communicate it effectively and offer multiple forms of resolution. When it's done very well, like with Order #1 here, it's not a bad transaction.

But, the sheer number of erroneous listings is tiring.

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 3:17:48 PM

Maybe since my orders weren't full of variants is where I lucked out. They were mostly common Ninja Turtles, Buffy, and Angel books. I did get a Turtles #2 2nd print, and #3 first print from them though and had no issues with those. I am lining up an order to put in with them as we speak, so I will see how it goes. So far, I would recommend them as a place to get comics (in addition to this site of course).
SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 10:28:09 PM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
The order is variant heavy, so they have a LOT of rope to hang themselves with.

My order with Lone Star has been "checked in" (whatever that means) and two of the variants I ordered have immediately been deemed unavailable or "did not meet the appropriate condition standard." Bummed because these were two on the high end of my chase list and were just over $1 a piece.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 11:50:04 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I was Store #1 and I would like to thank Dan for his kind words.

I am not perfect and never will be. But I keep trying nonetheless. When I realized that there were two problems with SwiftMann's order I was devastated and wanted to go stick my head in the sand in embarrassment. But I picked myself up off the floor and did what I had to do.

Everyone makes mistakes and it's how you deal with it that separates us.

First, you have to admit to yourself that you made a mistake. If you can't do that then you're hopeless.

Second, you have to do whatever it takes to make up for it.

That's it.

My first mistake was inattentiveness. I listed a comic incorrectly. No excuse, shouldn't happen. I would like to say it will never happen again and I will certainly do my best to make that true.

The other mistake is something that I have been trying to correct. When I first opened my store here I wasn't as diligent as I am now and a lot of comics were/are incorrectly graded. Usually over graded. I have been going back and fixing them whenever I notice a problem but unfortunately I still have probably 1,000 books that need re-grading? The bad thing is, sometimes I find out there's a problem only after something sells. Everything that I have put up for sale in the last 2-3 years has been graded by a stricter standard. But every once in awhile I notice something that needs fixing.

I went to my LCS to try and find replacements for the books in question but it didn't happen. At this point it's refunds and extras and hope the buyer is understanding. He was (thanks again, Dan!).

I still feel bad about the initial error but I like to think that things turned out positively in the end.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Xylob
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 12:22:09 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I am not perfect and never will be. But I keep trying nonetheless.
That second sentence is the important part here. Too many others just don't care.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Everyone makes mistakes and it's how you deal with it that separates us.

First, you have to admit to yourself that you made a mistake.
Admiting you're wrong - what a concept. This a great thing.
Too often the sellers blame the buyer, flat-out refuse to acknowledge the problem, or provide excuses.
There is a big difference between an excuse and an explanation.
Excuses are like butt-holes: everybody has one, and they stink.
Explanations clarify a situation or issue and make plainly understood with a detailed and reasoned account of the events.

Here, you've given an explanation. 1,000% better than every/any excuse.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:08:00 AM

Shop at My Store

Updates

Late morning on Friday, October 11th I put in one order with a new store and early morning on Sunday, October 13th I put in a second order with a repeat store.

I met the free shipping requirement at the first store and spent a flat fee for the second store. and each store has a minimum of 400 Heros and less than 2 combined Mortals and Villains each.

Order #1 - 19 comics

Order #2 - 5 comics

LoneStar - 55 comics

A week after the first order and the status are as follows:

Order #1 - Received a PM on Sunday noting that one book was mis-listed and three not the grade they were supposed to be. A refund was given for all four books and the three misgraded books were included in the shipment (now for free) and a "couple of extras" to make up for the problems. I received the order on Friday, October 18th and everything is as described in the PMs and the couple of extras were well selected books that I'll happily add to my collection. Overall, while this was yet another mislisting problem for me*, the communication and refunds and (overcompensating, but welcome) freebies were well handled.

Order #2 - I PM'd the seller prior to order to confirm a variant as I had recently had a couple mislisting problems with this seller. He confirmed the variant was properly listed, so I pulled the trigger. Less than two hours after the order was entered, I received a PM that one of the five comics I ordered (not the previously confirmed one) was not actually in stock. An offer for picking other books were made and I (somewhat begrudgingly) picked two super common books after confirming the trading cards in them are there to replace the rare one (the cost was about the same).

I almost ordered just for the one book he didn't have a few days earlier. Thankfully, another book was listed at a super discounted price from other places and that's the book this entire order hinges on now. Package is currently in-transit.

Order as amended was received on Monday, October 21st. Thankfully, the main book (that I got for about 1/10th of its normal asking price) is in great shape. Unless I stumble over something ridiculously priced like this again, I'll be avoiding this seller in the future.

Lone Star - On Friday, October 18th, I made a 55 book order from mycomicshop.com/Lone Star Comics. It'll be interesting to see what kind of trainwreck this becomes.

Same day, my order with Lone Star has been "checked in" (whatever that means) and two of the variants I ordered have immediately been deemed unavailable or "did not meet the appropriate condition standard." Bummed because these were two on the high end of my chase list and were just over $1 a piece.

On Tuesday, October 22nd, I received an e-mail saying the items had shipped. The e-mail didn't say which service it used, so I had to go through mycomicshop.com to figure out it was UPS. As of 9am Thursday, October 24th, UPS simply says they have the package.

*Not including grading issues or found damaged upon pulling, of the last 40 orders, 22 have had problems due to poor seller inventory control. That's over 50% and the 22 problems occurred with 14 of 19 sellers. So, yeah, I'd still say stores have too many inventory problems.

Khaine
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:30:29 AM

what i've noticed with lone star and sometime westfield is when you use the free shipping option the speed in which they mail out to you decreases 10 fold. lone star being the worse of the two. westfield can be 50/50
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:03:59 AM

Shop at My Store

Khaine wrote:
what i've noticed with lone star and sometime westfield is when you use the free shipping option the speed in which they mail out to you decreases 10 fold. lone star being the worse of the two. westfield can be 50/50

I didn't see a free option. This was the $4.95 economy on 50+ issues, so I wasn't expecting it to be a quick turnaround on any level.

BruceReville
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:43:21 AM

Groups: Member

I think Lonestar Comics stopped the free shipping option here recently

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

DivideAndConquer
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:25:59 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Still waiting swift. I guess we still don't have what you need.

Free Media Mail Shipping @ $35

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:32:34 PM

Shop at My Store

Lone Star - On Friday, October 18th, I made a 55 book order from mycomicshop.com/Lone Star Comics. It'll be interesting to see what kind of trainwreck this becomes.

Same day, my order with Lone Star has been "checked in" (whatever that means) and two of the variants I ordered have immediately been deemed unavailable or "did not meet the appropriate condition standard." Bummed because these were two on the high end of my chase list and were just over $1 a piece.

On Tuesday, October 22nd, I received an e-mail saying the items had shipped. The e-mail didn't say which service it used, so I had to go through mycomicshop.com to figure out it was UPS. As of 9am Thursday, October 24th, UPS simply says they have the package.

Received the order on Monday, October 28th. Two issues were not the correct variant. One was a standard version of a book instead of a limited foil stamped version. The other was the wrong, although similar, variant (and supposedly out of stock) shipped instead of the other. Today, Wednesday, October 30th, I sent an e-mail inquiry about these two issues and one of the two books they didn't send me since they never delisted it from their site.

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 8:50:07 AM

Shop at My Store

Received the order on Monday, October 28th. Two issues were not the correct variant. One was a standard version of a book instead of a limited foil stamped version. The other was the wrong, although similar, variant (and supposedly out of stock) shipped instead of the other. Today, Wednesday, October 30th, I sent an e-mail inquiry about these two issues and one of the two books they didn't send me since they never delisted it from their site.

Late night on Thursday, October 31st I received a reply to my e-mails that addressed nothing directly and simply said I can send the two books back and they'll pay up to $5 in shipping and the purchase cost of the book. There was absolutely no mention of whether or not the books I did order were available for replacement. Yeah, no thanks. I'll just keep the two books they sent me and know going forward that any screw-ups on their end aren't going to be worth the trouble of an e-mail.