Complain about CCL thread Options
CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 3:28:29 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
I can defuse this a little bit, I've seen the store personally & it's very small, the amount of traffic & $ spent is just not material. There's also a very cool (and big) comic store right down the road called Great Escape. Hopefully Steve & Chance have some fun with it & make a few $ though. It was a mistake to hype it on the CCL boards because it really doesn't affect us in any way, at least not yet.

It was tough to get the controls to respond on the TV, there's also no keyboard so it was like trying to type with your xbox. I wanted to check some list prices on some Spideys & see what I had in stock, it was a bit of a chore.

Who the hell uses an xbox, lol PS3 all the way.

Regardless how much a pain in the butt it is too use it is a great marketing tool to advertise.

"Oh and by the way if you ever need anything we dont carry we run CCL, here let me show you"

Then they can go home and try themselves.

Or while the staff is sitting around an empty store they could put together a 2 minute CCL Demo video and just run it looped on tv. Look at this way The physical store has access to what a million back issues at the touch of a finger, well use that to advertise both.

We're by the lake in a specialized area of Hendersonville, next door to a school that gives swim lessons and an event center. We've gotten nothing but compliments on the shop being clean, well-organized and professional, so I'm proud of what we're presenting to our community :) While the Great Escape is awesome, bet they didn't sell you HARLEY QUINN back issues for $2 bucks each, sir lol

Yes I have to give you props for the Harley Quinns, I searched the whole country for those with little success. The $1 bins had some good stuff too. It was a couple hundred miles out of my way so I definitely debated whether to stop in, glad I did though. Great Escape & CCL make a good day trip for anyone that lives in the area.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 3:54:49 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
I can defuse this a little bit, I've seen the store personally & it's very small, the amount of traffic & $ spent is just not material. There's also a very cool (and big) comic store right down the road called Great Escape. Hopefully Steve & Chance have some fun with it & make a few $ though. It was a mistake to hype it on the CCL boards because it really doesn't affect us in any way, at least not yet.

It was tough to get the controls to respond on the TV, there's also no keyboard so it was like trying to type with your xbox. I wanted to check some list prices on some Spideys & see what I had in stock, it was a bit of a chore.

Who the hell uses an xbox, lol PS3 all the way.

Regardless how much a pain in the butt it is too use it is a great marketing tool to advertise.

"Oh and by the way if you ever need anything we dont carry we run CCL, here let me show you"

Then they can go home and try themselves.

Or while the staff is sitting around an empty store they could put together a 2 minute CCL Demo video and just run it looped on tv. Look at this way The physical store has access to what a million back issues at the touch of a finger, well use that to advertise both.

We're by the lake in a specialized area of Hendersonville, next door to a school that gives swim lessons and an event center. We've gotten nothing but compliments on the shop being clean, well-organized and professional, so I'm proud of what we're presenting to our community :) While the Great Escape is awesome, bet they didn't sell you HARLEY QUINN back issues for $2 bucks each, sir lol

Yes I have to give you props for the Harley Quinns, I searched the whole country for those with little success. The $1 bins had some good stuff too. It was a couple hundred miles out of my way so I definitely debated whether to stop in, glad I did though. Great Escape & CCL make a good day trip for anyone that lives in the area.

Good deal! Since your visit, we've added about 6000 more dollar comics to the shop so far, and looks like we'll have at least 4000 more by the end of the month. Instead of stocking tons of back issues that take a while to sell, we're concentrating more on this route.