Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Howie's CCL NFL Competition - Picks Thread Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 2:14:27 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
One of these days I will have to tell you a great story about Ricky Williams and how his career was ruined by Crown Royal.

Oh and Jim Mora Sr SUCKED so so bad, worst coach in existence.

Is Crown Royal a type of weed?

Mora may have been a poor coach but he gave us some great sound bites. "Playoffs?" "diddly-poo" Rolling on the Floor

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 2:35:04 PM

Shop at My Store

If you want to talk crappy NFL coaches lets talk about Steve Spurrier. He cut, not traded, released Stephen Davis who was a 1,500 yards a year running back. You know why? Because he "didn't fit our system". How is that possible? So I guess Trung Canidate fits your system, huh Stevie?
Davis ended up leading the Carolina Panthers to the Super Bowl and Trung Canidate? Who knows?

In his two years as head coach the Redskins started SEVEN different quarterbacks. Ron Jaworski asked him during an interview how his college style would work in the NFL. Spurrier said, "Well, Jaws, we're just going to pitch it and catch it!" So he would send eight guys out on pass patterns and the QB would just get massacred.

He was proud of the fact that he didn't know the names of the players on defense. He criticized Jim Haslett for working too hard. Said, "You won't see me sleeping on the couch in the office overnight." In his two seasons as Washington Redskins head coach he set back the program at least five years.

Loser Loser Loser Loser Loser Loser Loser Loser Loser Loser Loser Loser Loser Loser Loser Loser Loser Loser

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 3:22:38 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Some coaches aren't cut out for the pros. Just look at Rick Pintobeans. He won at Kentucky, bombed with the Celtics, and won with Louisville. Some guys are just meant for college, doesn't make them less of a coach, just shows that certain styles don't fit. In Spurrier's case he couldn't get away with yelling at players and benching them to motivate them to play harder, NFL guys had already made it and will get paid whether they play or ride the bench. Look at Heath Shuler in the mid-90s, he played very little for the Redskins and was making more money than the guy they had playing in his place. Not saying that he was arrogant since I don't know much of his pot-Vol career beyond him not playing much but just badly illustrating a point.
freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 3:42:02 PM

Groups: Member

MoonKnight1 wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
One of these days I will have to tell you a great story about Ricky Williams and how his career was ruined by Crown Royal.

Is Crown Royal a type of weed?

Nope it was his agents favorite booze. When the saints signed Williams I was a bar manager at a snobby restaurant that all the saints big wigs ate at. One of my regular bar patrons happened to go on the meeting with Williams agent and saints staff to work out the contract.

So regular told me they knew his agent was a horn dog and Crown fan, so they went to play golf and had 2 super hot chicks serve tons of booze while playing.

They said when contract talks started the agent wanted a huge contract, huge signing bonus etc, on par with what he should have been paid for 1st round pick. Well after a few drinks (bottle) they (saints) started talking about how Ricky would be bigger then Terrel Davis who just had a 2000+ rushing year. Well the drunker the agent got the more he liked an incentive deal. So needless to say Ricky started out getting a normal huge contract, and his agent showing off drunk ended up signing him to a paltry 8 million and 68 million in incentives.

If Ricky would have signed a real agent he wouldnt have been under the pressure which ended up costing him. Plus if you look at the incentives they were crazy, I mean one was he had to rush for more then 2500 yards, lmfao. Who signs a deal like that.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Mora may have been a poor coach but he gave us some great sound bites. "Playoffs?" "diddly-poo" Rolling on the Floor

lol, I did love his after game rants

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

BruceReville
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 4:22:38 PM

freakdylan wrote:

Who is Jim Mora Sr?

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:44:34 PM

Shop at My Store

BruceReville wrote:
freakdylan wrote:

Who is Jim Mora Sr?

This is Jim Mora, Sr.

Playoffs?

Diddly-Poo

I love at the end of the diddly-poo rant where you can hear some reporter saying "OK" in a kind of depressed voice!Rain

Apparently he was (banned) off a lot. Because he lost a lot. I love the guy!Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing

Hall Liquidations

DivideAndConquer
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:48:20 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Washington

Tennessee - Lock
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
NY Giants
Indianapolis
Seattle
Baltimore
Detroit
San Francisco
Houston
Denver
New Orleans

Miami

Free Media Mail Shipping @ $35

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:56:10 PM

Shop at My Store

Dylan! Ricky Williams is one of my favorite Saints because Mike Ditka traded New Orleans' entire complement of draft picks to select him.

OK, OK - I know that it turned out to be so-so for both teams. But a future Hall of Famer Chump Bailey came out of that and one of my favorite players Lavar Arrington was also one of the picks. The thing is, even though management eventually screwed the whole thing up, we had hope for a brief shining moment! Until getting stabbed in the heart once again.Crying

Hall Liquidations

BruceReville
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:10:44 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
freakdylan wrote:

Who is Jim Mora Sr?

This is Jim Mora, Sr.

Playoffs?

Diddly-Poo

I love at the end of the diddly-poo rant where you can hear some reporter saying "OK" in a kind of depressed voice!Rain

Apparently he was (banned) off a lot. Because he lost a lot. I love the guy!Rolling on the Floor Laughing Rolling on the Floor Laughing

He is not Jim Mora Sr - who is Jim Mora Jr?

b0bafett
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:38:25 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Thu - Washington

Sun - Tennessee Lock
Green Bay
Pittsburgh
NY Giants
Indianapolis
Seattle
Baltimore
Chicago
San Francisco
Arizona
Denver
New Orleans

Mon - Miami

Locks picks so far
KC, Oak, Den, Ind, Stl, Phi, SD, SF, Seattle
Reggie
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 6:24:09 PM

Week 10

Washington Redskins

Tennessee Titans - Lock Pick
Green Bay Packers
Pittsburgh Steelers
NY Giants
Indianapolis Colts
Seattle Seahawks
Cincinnati Bengals
Chicago Bears
San Francisco 49ers
Arizona Cardinals
Denver Broncos
New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 10:15:36 AM

Shop at My Store

So much for my football "knowledge".

At least the Cowpies lost! I hate to say I told you so Dylan, but...Dancing

Hall Liquidations

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 4:08:37 PM

I feel sorry for everyone who picked the Titans as their lock pick. That game and the Colts game were bad! Wall At Wits' End

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
Dreadnok01
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 6:43:18 PM

What a Sick Sick week!!
Reggie
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 10:44:02 PM

ComicReaderBatman wrote:
I feel sorry for everyone who picked the Titans as their lock pick. That game and the Colts game were bad! Wall At Wits' End

I feel sorry for everyone who picked the Dolphins. Winking It's about time Tampa finally pulled off a win! Dancing Applause

jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:57:09 AM

ComicReaderBatman wrote:

Honestly, the only reason I picked the Titans was because they are my team and I can't pick against them (which has bit me because I would be leading if it wasn't for my freaking loyalty). Every year the Titans play down to a team they should beat. They were even the last team to lose to the Jaguars last year. The year before that they lost to the then 0-13 Colts. Ever since the Jaguars have went from good to bad, the Titans can't seem to sweep them, a far cry from 1999 when the Titans beat Jacksonville 3 times on their way to choking in the Super Bowl.

A silver lining, if I looked at it right, everyone missed their lock pick this week so no one lost ground due to missing their locks.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:04:39 PM

Shop at My Store

Last week's results are coming and they aren't pretty. Only two people were above .500 in their picks and no one got the Lock Pick right. Here are the games for Week 11. Faves in bold, picks in by Thursday, November 14th at 8:30.

THU - Indianapolis @ Tennessee

Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
NY Jets @ Buffalo
Detroit @ Pittsburgh
Washington @ Philadelphia
San Diego @ Miami
Baltimore @ Chicago
Cleveland @ Cincinnati
Oakland @ Houston
Arizona @ Jacksonville
Kansas City @ Denver
Minnesota @ Seattle
San Francisco @ New Orleans
Green Bay @ NY Giants

Mon - New England @ Carolina

Hall Liquidations

BruceReville
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:05:05 PM

Indianapolis @ Tennessee
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
NY Jets @ Buffalo
Detroit @ Pittsburgh
Washington @ Philadelphia
San Diego @ Miami
Baltimore @ Chicago
Cleveland @ Cincinnati
Oakland @ Houston
Arizona @ Jacksonville
Kansas City @ Denver
Minnesota @ Seattle
San Francisco @ New Orleans
Green Bay @ NY Giants
New England - LOCK@ Carolina

Tampa Bay - Houston - Denver - Indianapolis - Atlanta - Philadelphia - San Diego - San Francisco - Green Bay - Tennessee - New England

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 6:52:52 AM

TennesseePray
Tampa Bay
Jets
Detroit
Philadelphia
Miami
Baltimore
Cincinnati - Lock (I guess)
Oakland
Arizona
Denver
Seattle
New Orleans
Giants
New England

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:44:18 PM

Shop at My Store

OK. Thankfully Week 10 is over and if we never speak of it again then that is fine with me. The winner this time is jbeeman85 with a 9-5 record and 17 points. Runner up was DivideAndConquer (8-6, 14 pts.) Everyone else was at .500 or below and I set a new low by going 5-9. Ugh.

Everyone missed their Lock Picks so no movement there. It's starting to get tough to come up with those! Five unanimous selections: we all picked the Titans, Colts & 49ers (losers) plus the Broncos & Giants (winners).

Just to prove the axioms "Any given Sunday" and "That's why they play the game!" there were seven upsets this week. Dreadnok01 was the only one to pick the Vikings over the Skins, no one picked the Jaguars, Rams or Panthers and Eagles over Packers, Ravens over Bengals and Bucs over Dolphins were all pretty even.

We have a new Total Weekly Points leader, jbeeman85 , and Win/Loss percentage is a virtual tie for first place with ComicReaderBatman leading by .0034% over DivideAndConquer.

Total Weekly Points

1. jbeeman85 - 179 (wk 1-9) 162 + 17 (wk 10)
2. DivideAndConquer - 177 (163 + 14)
3. Reggie - 174 (161 + 13)
4. freakdylan- 172 (158 + 14)
5. b0bafett - 171 (159 + 12)
6. MoonKnight1 - 168 (159 + 9)
7. Dreadnok01 - 167 (155 + 12)
8. BruceReville - 164 (154 + 10)
9. ComicReaderBatman - 102 (91 + 11)
10.comicuniversity - 68 (68 + 0)

11. pottersan - 51 (51 + 0)

Weekly High Score

1. Reggie - 24
2. comicuniversity - 24
3. freakdylan - 24
4. ComicReaderBatman- 24
5. jbeeman85 - 23
6. Dreadnok01 - 22
7. MoonKnight1 - 22
8. DivideAndConquer - 22
9. b0bafett - 21
10. BruceReville - 20

11. pottersan - 18

Lock Pick

1. b0bafett - 9 KC, Oak, Den, Ind, Stl, Phi, SD, SF, Sea, Ten
2. jbeeman85 - 8 NE, NO, Den, Ind, Atl, KC, SD, GB, Sea, SF
3. Dreadnok01 - 7 NE, Ind, Den, KC, Stl, Dal, Sea, SF, GB, Buf
4. MoonKnight1 - 7 NE, Oak, Min,Ind, Den, Hou , KC, GB, Sea, SF
5. freakdylan - 7 NE, Den, NO, Stl, NYG , KC, SF, Sea, Ind
6. Reggie - 6 Det, Oak, Sea, Ind, SD, Dal, NE , SF, NO, Ten
7. DivideAndConquer - 6 TB, GB, NO, Ind, Stl, Hou , SD, SF, Cin, Ten
8. BruceReville - 6 TB, Hou, Den, Ind, Atl, Phi, SD, SF, GB, Ten
9. ComicReaderBatman - 4 Den, SD, SF, Sea, Mia
10. comicuniversity - 3 TB, Bal, Sea, Ind

11. pottersan - 2 NE, Hou, GB

Monday Night Football

1. DivideAndConquer - 7
2. freakdylan - 7
3. b0bafett - 6
4. BruceReville - 6
5. jbeeman8 - 6
6. Reggie - 6
7. Dreadnok01 - 4
8. MoonKnight1 - 4
9. comicuniversity - 4
10. ComicReaderBatman - 2

11. pottersan - 2

Win/Loss Percentage

1. (54-30) 64% ComicReaderBatman
2. (94-53) 64% DivideAndConquer
3. (89-58) 61% Reggie
4. (89-58) 61% jbeeman85
5. (86-61) 59% MoonKnight1
6. (85-62) 58% Dreadnok01
7. (85-62) 58% BruceReville
8. (84-63) 57% freakdylan
9. (83-=64) 57% b0bafett
10. (25-23) 52% pottersan

11. (32-31) 51% comicuniversity

I have added a new category for Prize eligibility and three new prizes to select from. You can see the new prizes Here
The new category is Number of Weeks Won. It's still wide open, after 10 weeks there are 3 two time winners. Plenty of time to step up!

Week 1 - Reggie
Week 2 - comicuniversity
Week 3 - jbeeman85
Week 4 - freakdylan
Week 5 - ComicReaderBatman
Week 6 - DivideAndConquer
Week 7 - ComicReaderBatman
Week 8 - DivideandConquer
Week 9 - MoonKnight1
Week 10 - jbeeman85

Hall Liquidations