Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Looking for a few items..... Options
4saken1
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 12:17:09 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Just wondering if anybody had the following items for sale or maybe could be on the lookout for them:

Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse) #10-11
Quantum & Woody (Acclaim) #0,10,17-21,32
What If: AvX #1

I'm looking to pay as close as I can to cover price (or less) for these, including shipping, so the more of them I can get from one seller the better.

Thanks!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

RubberMalletComics
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 1:31:12 PM

Shop at My Store

I added 6 of AVX #1 .. don't have anything else. :(

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Seller.aspx?id=a9daafa6-0014-4b54-b250-dee60a29497f&view=titlegrid&titleid=97f765b5-e96e-4afa-9496-2c8719f33b73&storeid=a9daafa6-0014-4b54-b250-dee60a29497f&searchcontext=CTX%3aALL_COMICS&find=what+if&covertitleid=97f765b5-e96e-4afa-9496-2c8719f33b73&rpage=1&bt=1

Rubber Mallet Comics
822 Wyoming Avenue
West Pittston, PA 18643
andyborehol
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 8:37:40 PM

Groups: Member

I got really excited when I read your post because I had just seen some Quantum & Woody in this giant collection that we're sorting through. I went to the box with the "Q" titles and found....issues 11-14.

I'll be hitting an LCS tomorrow that could possibly have this stuff. If they do I probably won't be able to get them for below cover...would you be open to a trade?

Check out my store, Divide & Conquer Comics!!!
4saken1
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:46:50 AM

Shop at My Store

andyborehol wrote:
I got really excited when I read your post because I had just seen some Quantum & Woody in this giant collection that we're sorting through. I went to the box with the "Q" titles and found....issues 11-14.

I'll be hitting an LCS tomorrow that could possibly have this stuff. If they do I probably won't be able to get them for below cover...would you be open to a trade?

Yeah, but there's a few caveats:

First, most of my comics are priced at about 1/2 guide (there's plenty of exceptions, I'm sure), so I could either give you 1/2 guide value for any items you find or I could look up the full guide value for items in my store and give you full credit for whatever you can get.

Second, they should be in reasonably good shape (VF or better). Most comic shops have a majority of their inventory in pretty good shape, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Third, I can send you a full list of items that I am looking for if you care to look. Most items on my list are not high priority, so I would probably wait until a LCS in your area is having a sale and have me PM you my list then. I've got a ton of books that I haven't been able to find here in town or online cheap enough to justify the cost of having them shipped. For the most part, I don't like paying shipping for just 1 or 2 comics, which effectively doubles the cost of the comics I'm looking for.

Lastly, not meaning to disparage you at all - I'm sure you have the best intentions, but in the past few years I have had a few people try to scam me (issues regarding purchases with Money Orders, mostly), so I apologize for this next rule I have regarding trades: I will not ship anything until I recieve my end of the trade! I would ask that anybody who wishes to go this route send me the Delivery Confirmation # as soon as they mail the items off so that they can confirm that I actually recieved them.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

andyborehol
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 3:36:57 PM

Groups: Member

I didn't have any luck with the Quantum & Woody issues but I picked up What If: AVX #1 and Usagi Yojimbo 10 & 11 (All VF/NM or better) for 25% off of cover. Definitely send me your list...if time isn't of the essence there's a good chance that I can find most of what you're looking for because between comic shops, used book stores and flea markets I usually hit at least 15-20 places that sell comics every month. Not to mention, we bought 50 full longboxes last weekend and haven't even touched 40 of them...it's entirely possible that some of the Quantum & Woody issues are buried in there somewhere since I already found issues 11-14. You can also take a look at my store (Divide and Conquer) and if we have anything posted that you're interested in just let me know and I'll de-list it and set it aside.

I fully understand your trepidations about trading with someone that you don't know personally...I have no problem with shipping to you first. You can rest a little bit easy knowing that I am the co-propietor of a store that has a lot of time and money invested in CCL and I wouldn't do anything to tarnish my reputation (I fully trust you for the same reason).

I'll send you a list of stuff that you have up that's on my wish list later and hopefully we can work out a cool deal!

Check out my store, Divide & Conquer Comics!!!
4saken1
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 10:30:31 PM

Shop at My Store

andyborehol wrote:
I didn't have any luck with the Quantum & Woody issues but I picked up What If: AVX #1 and Usagi Yojimbo 10 & 11 (All VF/NM or better) for 25% off of cover. Definitely send me your list...if time isn't of the essence there's a good chance that I can find most of what you're looking for because between comic shops, used book stores and flea markets I usually hit at least 15-20 places that sell comics every month. Not to mention, we bought 50 full longboxes last weekend and haven't even touched 40 of them...it's entirely possible that some of the Quantum & Woody issues are buried in there somewhere since I already found issues 11-14. You can also take a look at my store (Divide and Conquer) and if we have anything posted that you're interested in just let me know and I'll de-list it and set it aside.

I fully understand your trepidations about trading with someone that you don't know personally...I have no problem with shipping to you first. You can rest a little bit easy knowing that I am the co-propietor of a store that has a lot of time and money invested in CCL and I wouldn't do anything to tarnish my reputation (I fully trust you for the same reason).

I'll send you a list of stuff that you have up that's on my wish list later and hopefully we can work out a cool deal!

Sounds good, Andy! Just sent you a PM. I might just hit you up on those right away. Usually I'm not in that much of a rush, but those Usagi Yojimbo's are all I need for a full run through #75.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping

4saken1
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 8:31:41 PM

Shop at My Store

I'd like to throw a huge thanks out to Andy for coming through on those issues for me!

The next big thing I'm searching for is a complete set of Preacher comics. I know there's talk of a TV show, so these have gone up in price quite a bit. If anybody has a set of these, I'd be willing to offer $250 in trade from my store for ones in nice shape. I realize that the collection is worth more than that, but most items at ComicVortex are priced at about half market value. Same conditions apply to this deal as those noted above.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping