Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Foods That Are Now Illegal in the U.S. Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 12:01:05 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Foods that are now illegal in the U.S.

B.S.!

As an American, if I choose to be a fat man, I should have the right to be a fat man!

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
padreglcc
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 12:15:45 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

To be fair, these foods are not illegal, at least not yet. But they could become so if manufacturers do not change the way they are made.

“We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know." W. H. Auden

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
BruceReville
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 12:41:10 PM

Groups: Member

No More Chicken Nuggets Sad

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

Xylob
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 2:57:50 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:
As an American, if I choose to be a fat man, I should have the right to be a fat man!
Not if I'm now getting stuck with the bill for your health insurance... Thanks ObamaCare.

It doesn't matter if it's 50 Cents or 50 Dollars - if you list it as NM it better be NM.
Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!

Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...
teh_longinator
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 3:14:13 PM

Groups: Member

Xylob wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Not if I'm now getting stuck with the bill for your health insurance... Thanks ObamaCare.

Lol Canadian taxpayers have been getting the bill for countless people mooching welfare and getting sick and Fay due to their own bad choices and lack of responsibility for decades. Your turn, suckers ;p

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
pottersan
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 3:18:50 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Rolling on the Floor

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
pottersan
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 3:19:54 PM

Shop at My Store

teh_longinator wrote:
Xylob wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

Lol Canadian taxpayers have been getting the bill for countless people mooching welfare and getting sick and Fay due to their own bad choices and lack of responsibility for decades. Your turn, suckers ;p
Sad

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Xylob
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 6:31:52 PM

If we're moving to a communist - oops! - I mean "social" medicine model, then treatment for things like obesity due to idiocy and cancer due to smoking need to dropped from coverage.

You're fat because you're a lazy pig? Pay for your own problems or die.
Got lung or liver cancer because you smoke and drink? Pay for your own problems or die.
A complete lack of self-control is not a "health problem" that everybody else should have to shoulder the burden of. Pull your head out of your rear and grow up - take responsibility for yourself.

You're fat because you have a bona-fide medical condition that means diet and exercise won't make a difference. Covered.
Got cancer due to no action on your own part? Covered.

It doesn't matter if it's 50 Cents or 50 Dollars - if you list it as NM it better be NM.
Xylob's Most Wanted:

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 7:58:29 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I work and have insurance. I have to pay for my own medical bills.

Even if I didn't. It's my own fault for the decision I made. So if I die because I didn't take care of myself, that's my choice to make.

It is absolutely not okay for the U.S. government to mother me.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 8:31:33 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Xylob wrote:
If we're moving to a communist - oops! - I mean "social" medicine model, then treatment for things like obesity due to idiocy and cancer due to smoking need to dropped from coverage.

Got lung or liver cancer because you smoke and drink? Pay for your own problems or die.
A complete lack of self-control is not a "health problem" that everybody else should have to shoulder the burden of. Pull your head out of your rear and grow up - take responsibility for yourself.

You're fat because you have a bona-fide medical condition that means diet and exercise won't make a difference. Covered.

Or lets say your jogging and rip your Achilles, guess thats ok

You rip a pec lifting weights ok

Break ankle playing sports with friends, again ok

Cut your finger cooking dinner, ok

Blow out an artery because your an AHole, yep thats fine!

So its fine for the government to pay for health issues of healthy people who made the choice to do something that could injure them, but not the fat guy?

Thundercron
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 9:38:46 PM

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
Xylob wrote:

Or lets say your jogging and rip your Achilles, guess thats ok

You rip a pec lifting weights ok

Break ankle playing sports with friends, again ok

Cut your finger cooking dinner, ok

Blow out an artery because your an AHole, yep thats fine!

So its fine for the government to pay for health issues of healthy people who made the choice to do something that could injure them, but not the fat guy?

That's a very good point! Also, if you get cancer and you smoke, how do you PROVE the cancer came from smoking? For every smoker with cancer, I can produce someone who gets it that doesn't smoke.

What about clogged arteries, someone who might need open heart surgery? David Letterman had a quintuple bypass about ten years ago, and he's thin as a rail. So what if he was overweight? Would that mean he shouldn't be covered because he "appeared" more unhealthy as someone who doesn't take care of himself?
Xylob
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 10:00:22 PM

Accidents are a lot different from deliberate idiocy dylan.

You may also notice that the first word in my previous post was "If".

I will never be convinced that it is my (or any other taxpayers) responsibility to make sure that everybody else has medical care.

As Nate said, I work and I pay for my own insurance.
It's a little known concept called personal responsibility.

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
4saken1
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:14:04 AM

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
As Nate said, I work and I pay for my own insurance.
It's a little known concept called personal responsibility.

Yes, that's a very fine notion.......except when people choose not to have insurance, then go to the emergency room and can't afford their doctor's bills, who do you think pays for it? If you answered YOU, and everybody else besides the uninsured in the form of taxes and higher insurance premiums, you're a winner!!!

Xylob wrote:

How are you getting stuck with the bill when everybody is required to have their own insurance? You do understand how the law works, right?

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

4saken1
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 1:15:39 AM

Shop at My Store

I do, however, agree with the OP that making partially hydrogenated oils illegal would be hypocritical of the FDA, especially when cigarettes, which are known to kill, are still legal.

It's all speculation, though, as a ruling has not yet been made.

IMO, better to tax items that contain the stuff. This way it simultaneously deters people from buying it, while at the same time that tax money can be spent to help pay the cost to treat those that don't really care for their own welfare or the costs they impose on our society.

Hopefully, 'food' manufacturers will come up with another, more healthy alternative to extending their products' shelf life.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Khaine
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 8:48:31 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Allowing them to tax food would open a floodgate.

I think if they gave tax incentives/credits to small business for selling/producing healthier foods would work better, as long as those incentives made them competitive to the big boys. But then the suits wouldn't be getting their monthly lobbist handouts.

It would in my mind create more jobs as towns would get back their local bakers, specialty stores, mom and pop restaurants etc....

but then like i said how would congress get their election fund money
4saken1
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 9:31:16 AM

Shop at My Store

Khaine wrote:
I think if they gave tax incentives/credits to small business for selling/producing healthier foods would work better, as long as those incentives made them competitive to the big boys. But then the suits wouldn't be getting their monthly lobbist handouts.

It would in my mind create more jobs as towns would get back their local bakers, specialty stores, mom and pop restaurants etc....

I could get behind this. Unfortunately, congress always finds a way to give tax breaks to the uber-rich under the guise of helping small businesses. How would you suggest doing this so that it wouldn't just be more money in the pockets of billionaires?

Another thing I think we could do is stob giving huge subsidies to corn industry. At the very least, stop giving tax breaks to those that sell their yield to companies that make such things as high fructose corn syrup. In essence, many huge, very profitable companies are getting paid by the government to make Americans fatter, also raising the cost of our medical treatment as a nation. But alas, the farm lobby pays good money for their congressment, so I doubt these will be going away anytime soon!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Free Shipping

Xylob
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 10:23:21 AM

4saken1 wrote:
How are you getting stuck with the bill when everybody is required to have their own insurance? You do understand how the law works, right?
No tax dollars going into that program? Really? BS.
I get to keep and continue to pay for my own health care, and ObamaCare now. Hooray, lucky me.

4saken1 wrote:
Yes, that's a very fine notion.......except when people choose not to have insurance, then go to the emergency room and can't afford their doctor's bills, who do you think pays for it? If you answered YOU, and everybody else besides the uninsured in the form of taxes and higher insurance premiums, you're a winner!!!
As for those who choose not to get insurance, are you honestly expecting me to believe that every hospital in the country is funded by tax dollars? Most are private corporaations. For profit companies.
That's not you and me paying for those people's medical care.
For decades I was one of "those people" - I never had any form of medical insurance until I was 25, and do you know what happened when I had to go to the hospital and couldn't pay? They sent the bill collection agencies after me. For years. A private company did that - not the government. Because no tax dollars covered the bill I couldn't pay.
And don't believe the lie that medical debts won't impact your credit worthiness. I paid up over the years and that haunted my credit for long time after.
All my fault.
All on me.
All taken care of (eventually) by me.
Not the tax payers.
Me.

4saken1 wrote:
I do, however, agree with the OP that making partially hydrogenated oils illegal would be hypocritical of the FDA, especially when cigarettes, which are known to kill, are still legal...
Different agency. FDA has nothing to do with cigs, that's the ATF.
Personally, I think the DEA and the A and T from ATF should fall under the FDA.
What the hell do cigs and booze have to do with guns anyway?

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
RubberMalletComics
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 2:25:38 PM

Shop at My Store

Actually, if you don't pay your medical bills, that cost is reflected in the payments that people who DO have insurance make. Emergency rooms are not allowed to refuse service, so eventually they get the money they need - either through bill collectors, social agencies, the government or by raising rates. If you've ever seen a medical bill, you know that seemingly inexpensive things are charged incredibly high rates.

Complaining about Obamacare doesn't address the healthcare crisis we have in this country, and while I don't think it's a great solution, I have heard very few others.

Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 2:53:56 PM

Shop at My Store

RubberMalletComics wrote:
Actually, if you don't pay your medical bills, that cost is reflected in the payments that people who DO have insurance make. Emergency rooms are not allowed to refuse service, so eventually they get the money they need - either through bill collectors, social agencies, the government or by raising rates. If you've ever seen a medical bill, you know that seemingly inexpensive things are charged incredibly high rates.

Complaining about Obamacare doesn't address the healthcare crisis we have in this country, and while I don't think it's a great solution, I have heard very few others.

This comment is spot-on. While there are people like Xylob who do eventually pay their medical bills, some do not (or simply cannot). Most hospitals forgive medical debts from people who financially can't pay for procedures. How do you think they make up for those costs? It's reflected in the costs for those that can pay.

And I also agree that Obamacare is a severely flawed idea, but there hasn't been anything offered thus far as an alternative.
Xylob
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 3:24:56 PM

All valid points, but here's another to consider...
It used to be that people became doctors because they wanted to help people.
Q: Why do so many (no, NOT all) want to be doctors today?
A: To get rich...

"To help people" doesn't even seem to be part of the equation anymore. I can't remember the last time I encountered a health care worker who was even remotely compassionate or didn't look at every patient with resentment.
In the last three months I've had numerous office visits, one surgery, and a trip to the ER and in every instance the patients are simply treated like they are problems. Not people...

As for the insurance industry... $h!t, you are not and never will be a person. Or a patient. Hell, you're not even a customer.
The industry term for you and me is "profit center".

Our health care system is a disaster because over the last half century or so it was transformed into a profit driven industry.
People don't matter, dollars do.

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747