Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: What is the best NCAA Conf. all sports combined? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
ACC 2 50%
Big 12 0 0%
Big 10 1 25%
PAC 12 0 0%
SEC 1 25%
Other - please specify 0 0%

Best College Conference - All Sports Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 11:51:48 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

In the world of college sports, football and basketball are the top dogs.

One conference might excel in football while not doing so well in basketball or vice versa.

The third tier is composed of a variety of other sports. Baseball/softball, soccer, hockey, lacrosse, track and field, swimming, golf, rugby, tennis, etc. Maybe not as important as the big 2 but a valuable bellwether of a good sports program as a whole.

So which Conference, as a whole, is the most competitive outside it's league and why?

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:00:39 PM

Shop at My Store

I'm going for the ACC.

Their basketball programs routinely advance in the tournament and frequently win the whole thing. Out of conference record is also favorable.

Football is top heavy with a handful of elite teams and then a bunch of bottom feeders. The ACC is respectable for the most part in Bowl Games but hasn't won a National Championship since 1999.

The other sports are what makes the ACC shine. Perennial contenders in Field Hockey, Men's and Women's Soccer, Lacrosse, Tennis and with the addition of Boston College now a hockey power.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

ukblueky
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 9:41:57 PM

Groups: Member

Cant speak for the other sports outside of football and basketball but in my opinion the SEC is king. Who has a better conference in football than the SEC? No one, that's who.
Basketball, SEC will be back on top this year in that too. With perennial powerhouses like my beloved UK Wildcats and not so loved Florida and even more hated Tennessee. SEC will be a nightmare for opponents.

ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 8:23:05 AM

Groups: Member

Didn't realize how right my prediction would be for Sec basketball in 2014. At one point the SEC was 4 and 0 in the big dance. Then 2 teams in the Final Four. Now my beloved Wildcats have a chance for their 2nd NCAA championship in just 3 years.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 11:29:55 AM

Shop at My Store

SEC Basketball did exceptionally well this year. Way better than the Atlantic Coastal Conference. The Atlantic 10 had more teams in the tourney than did the ACC.

Well anyway, UVA is at or near the top in college baseball right now. Nathan Kirby of the Cavaliers just pitched a no-hitter! Applause

Congrats to Kentucky. They didn't have the best regular season but have been stomping through the tournament. A brother of mine met his wife at UK and they are both grads so you know they're stoked!

Can't wait for football to start! Drooling

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2014 10:15:09 AM

Shop at My Store

Hey Jeremy!

It's the University of Virginia versus Vanderbilt right there in Nashville for the College World Series! Would you be interested in a little friendly wager?

If the Wahoos win then you have to rock something like this in your signature for a week:

If Vandy wins then I'll put their logo in my sig for a week.

What do you say? Starts tomorrow, Best of 3

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2014 6:53:54 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Even though I live in Nashville, I am not a Vanderbilt fan. I am a fan of the University of Tennessee Volunteers (it's been a depressing few years across all sports for me).

But hey, I would still be willing to place the wager.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2014 9:52:13 AM

Shop at My Store

Yeah, I know you're a Vol's fan. I am a UVA fan but I would still be rooting for almost any Virginia team (except Virginia Tech Sick ). Vandy is your local team - (By the way, why isn't UT in the CWS? Devil ) plus it's SEC vs. ACC.

It's all good! Just some friendly competition. It's best of 3 so could be over by tomorrow.

Thanks for playing along!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 7:09:30 PM

Shop at My Store

Uh-oh! C'mon Cavs!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 6:43:51 AM

One game to decide it all. Which of us will be sporting a special logo in our signature for a week?

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 6:59:21 AM

Shop at My Store

Wahoooos!!

I'm not surprised it is going to 3 games. Both teams are really good.

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:39:41 AM

Shop at My Store

Here I had to open my big mouth! Big Grin It was a great game and a great series. Well, at least it's only for a week. Does anyone else want to bet on something with me? You are guaranteed to win. I could pick the Seattle Seahawks to beat Sister Mary's School for the Blind and those near-sighted nuns would run roughshod over them! Loser Wall

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:46:45 AM

It was a good series. Congrats to Vandy and Virginia for great seasons.

If you betting against a team is what it takes to make a winner, then please bet against the Tennessee Volunteers, Nashville Predators, and Tennessee Titans. I am so tired of losing.

It might be a good idea to start placing money against your Redskins too.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 9:26:55 AM

Shop at My Store

jbeeman85 wrote:
It might be a good idea to start placing money against your Redskins too.

No doubt in my mind that idea would backfire! Laughing

I'll see what I can do to help your Tennessee teams. Big Grin

Hall Liquidations