Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Foods That Are Now Illegal in the U.S. Options
RubberMalletComics
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 3:54:30 PM

Rank: Supporting Cast
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 10/7/2013
Posts: 49
Points: 398
Here's my opinion of doctors: They do stuff and deal with stuff I would never in a million years want to get near. Illness is gross. It pays because it takes special people to do it.

But it doesn't pay as great as you think, at least not the GP. Sure, a heart surgeon might make a bit ... but he is reconstructing hearts for a living. My GP - who is very kind and very gifted - is running like a lunatic with 60 hour weeks - a large chunk of which is paperwork because of our bajillion insurance companies and their prerequisites for him to get payment.

I don't vouch for the accuracy of the following statement, but I haven't heard it disproved ... I heard that the cost of American health care is 2x the cost of anywhere else and still less effective.

Is the government a solution? A good government could have a good solution, but I am not sure if we're there yet.

Rubber Mallet Comics
822 Wyoming Avenue
West Pittston, PA 18643
Xylob
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 4:33:32 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 8/12/2007
Posts: 8,133
Points: 65,890
RubberMalletComics wrote:
...
Is the government a solution? A good government could have a good solution, but I am not sure if we're there yet.
Agreed. There are countries with very successful and good socialized medicine programs. But which one did we look at as a model? Canada, the worst available example.
Way to go USA!

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
4saken1
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 11:02:34 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 8/13/2007
Posts: 2,492
Points: 10,341
Xylob wrote:
No tax dollars going into that program? Really? BS.
I get to keep and continue to pay for my own health care, and ObamaCare now. Hooray, lucky me.


Year after year, people, particularly conservatives, bemoan how much new social programs are going to cause their taxes to go up. If you look at how much in taxes, as a percentage of their annual salary, the majority of Americans pay, it is less than what they were paying 35 years ago.

This may be different for you, Xylob. I don't know your specific situation, but if this is not the case for you, then you are an exception to the rule.

I would strongly urge you to take account of how much you are currently paying in taxes and health care, then do this math again in a couple of years and ask yourself why you are still listening and/or watch the same 'news' programs. They've been feeding their conservative audience this same line for decades and in the end their predictions rarely ever hold up.





ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Xylob
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 8:06:43 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 8/12/2007
Posts: 8,133
Points: 65,890
4saken1 wrote:
...Year after year, people, particularly conservatives, bemoan how much new social programs are going to cause their taxes to go up...
Charity is for those who cannot, not for those who will not. Additionally, it should always be a temporary application, never a permanent "solution". If I am going to support a charity case, I want to choose who I help and why. I shouldn't be forced to pay taxes that go to living pieces of garbage who abuse the system and steal the aid from others who actually need it.
I believe most of our "social" programs should be eliminated. Period. Those that remain need to have much stricter requirements for for eligibility.

Seriously, does anybody these days understand the concept of personal responsibility?
You cannot save the world by giving it a hug...

By the way, I'm surrounded all day every day by very "right-wing conservatives" who all consider me to be a liberal whack-o.

BurningDoom wrote:
It is absolutely not okay for the U.S. government to mother me.
Amen brotha.
It is, however, OK with me for them to tell big business they can't sell me poison and tell me it's food.
Still, it would be better for them to educate rather than mandate.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 8:37:50 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/7/2007
Posts: 4,215
Points: 12,645
Location: Kentucky
RubberMalletComics wrote:
Here's my opinion of doctors: They do stuff and deal with stuff I would never in a million years want to get near. Illness is gross. It pays because it takes special people to do it.


If that's the case, we should pay school janitors way more money. They have to clean nasty bathrooms and puke from sick, snot nosed kids.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 8:55:12 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,214
Points: 11,843
Location: Richmond, VA
I completely agree that the government needs to regulate our food supply to some extent in order to ensure our safety but some of the steps being taken appear to be heavy-handed and indeed Unconstitutional.

If you have ever read "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair you may know what I mean. I worked in the food service industry for 20+ years so I have a little bit of an inside view of things. Government employed inspectors visit restaurants/grocery stores/farms/meat packing plants/food distribution facilities/etc. at least a couple times a year and without them there could be trouble.

On the other hand you have New York City banning super sized soft drinks. If I, as a restaurant owner, want to sell my customer a root beer in a 20 gallon barrel that is my right. Or San Fransisco telling McDonalds they can't put toys in their Happy Meals. How is that legal?

As far as the trans fat thing goes I'm on the fence a little. It looks like another example of overkill. I don't think the government should be able to ban it as long as it's not toxic, however REAL fat tastes so much better so why use the other stuff?

It's not like they are going to make fried fish illegal, you're just going to have to cook it in different oil. You'll still be able to get your deep-fried bacon wrapped butter but it will be the real stuff and not that fake olio.

Mmmmm....deep-fried bacon wrapped butter....




Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 8:55:43 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,214
Points: 11,843
Location: Richmond, VA
ukblueky wrote:
RubberMalletComics wrote:
Here's my opinion of doctors: They do stuff and deal with stuff I would never in a million years want to get near. Illness is gross. It pays because it takes special people to do it.


If that's the case, we should pay school janitors way more money. They have to clean nasty bathrooms and puke from sick, snot nosed kids.

Sick

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


Khaine
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:03:54 AM
Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/3/2013
Posts: 237
Points: 731
4saken1 wrote:
I could get behind this. Unfortunately, congress always finds a way to give tax breaks to the uber-rich under the guise of helping small businesses. How would you suggest doing this so that it wouldn't just be more money in the pockets of billionaires?


I can't suggest anything with how the system works now, for every good intentioned law/bill there is hundreds of add ons that grease the palms of the crooked elected officals and their campaign donators. I would like to think the people I vote for are not those people but, then reality steps in.

I remember them trying a half ass campaign reform that's really where it needs to start. I have ideas for that but, why bother it's broke and no one wants to fix it cause they won't be able to buy a new mansion or vacation home.
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:11:17 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 8/12/2007
Posts: 8,133
Points: 65,890
MoonKnight1 wrote:
...however REAL fat tastes so much better so why use the other stuff?
Applause
butter > margarine because fat tastes better than chemicals

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Mmmmm....deep-fried bacon wrapped butter....
You forgot the cheese.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:17:16 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/7/2007
Posts: 4,215
Points: 12,645
Location: Kentucky
Blaming poor people for being poor does not help the problem. You cant say that every person who receives government assistance is a lazy bottom feeder. The assistance given by the government to the poor pales in comparison to the breaks given to the rich by the government. If you want people to blame then maybe you should look in the mirror. Companies will not pay a livable wage or even open a factory in the US cause American consumers say they want " Made In The USA" on the label, but when it comes to it they will always buy the cheaper foreign made product cause they don't want to pay.
Capitalism and Consumerism have done massive damage to this country. If more people thought like this "How can you be rich if your neighbor is poor" instead of " I'm an American and I work so gimme gimme gimme." Then this country could be a better place to live.
Sometimes things are designed in a way in this country that make it difficult or impossible for a class or race of people to ever rise up. Look at how ghettos were engineered, look at all the drug laws that were purposely made law to fight against races that "whites" deemed a threat. Now drug laws are used to keep poor people enslaved. Rich people don't go to jail for drug offensives but poor, especially poor blacks, receive harsh sentences for the same offensives. The conservatives own personal messiah Rush Limbaugh was caught doctor shopping because he's a pill addict druggie, but did he serve time or lose his job? Nope. Its a different set of rules and standards.
I guess my point is, in America you are conditioned from youth to hate and judge the poor. You are never taught to look at the situation and see why they are poor or how you could help. Yelling "get a job" to a homeless person doesn't help them or you. Look past the conservative talking point that all homeless are lazy or they are con artists trying to scam you. Did you realize a good chunk of the homeless are mentally ill people. This is the result of another of the conservatives favorite saviors Ronald Reagan. Reagan cut funding so drastically to mentally ill health care that it forced a lot of places that housed mentally ill people to close their doors. Well those residents had no where else to go. So they were forced to live on the streets.
Just remember life is not as black and white as you make believe it to be. The poor are not poor because they are lazy and less human than rich people. Rich people are not rich because they work harder than everyone else and are God's chosen people.

4saken1
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 9:59:43 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 8/13/2007
Posts: 2,492
Points: 10,341
ukblueky wrote:
Blaming poor people for being poor does not help the problem. You cant say that every person who receives government assistance is a lazy bottom feeder. The assistance given by the government to the poor pales in comparison to the breaks given to the rich by the government. If you want people to blame then maybe you should look in the mirror. Companies will not pay a livable wage or even open a factory in the US cause American consumers say they want " Made In The USA" on the label, but when it comes to it they will always buy the cheaper foreign made product cause they don't want to pay.
Capitalism and Consumerism have done massive damage to this country. If more people thought like this "How can you be rich if your neighbor is poor" instead of " I'm an American and I work so gimme gimme gimme." Then this country could be a better place to live.
Sometimes things are designed in a way in this country that make it difficult or impossible for a class or race of people to ever rise up. Look at how ghettos were engineered, look at all the drug laws that were purposely made law to fight against races that "whites" deemed a threat. Now drug laws are used to keep poor people enslaved. Rich people don't go to jail for drug offensives but poor, especially poor blacks, receive harsh sentences for the same offensives. The conservatives own personal messiah Rush Limbaugh was caught doctor shopping because he's a pill addict druggie, but did he serve time or lose his job? Nope. Its a different set of rules and standards.
I guess my point is, in America you are conditioned from youth to hate and judge the poor. You are never taught to look at the situation and see why they are poor or how you could help. Yelling "get a job" to a homeless person doesn't help them or you. Look past the conservative talking point that all homeless are lazy or they are con artists trying to scam you. Did you realize a good chunk of the homeless are mentally ill people. This is the result of another of the conservatives favorite saviors Ronald Reagan. Reagan cut funding so drastically to mentally ill health care that it forced a lot of places that housed mentally ill people to close their doors. Well those residents had no where else to go. So they were forced to live on the streets.
Just remember life is not as black and white as you make believe it to be. The poor are not poor because they are lazy and less human than rich people. Rich people are not rich because they work harder than everyone else and are God's chosen people.


+1

I agree with Xylob that there are a ton of moochers in the system, and it's not fair that myself and others should bust ther butts every day going to work while they get to sit on theirs and collect a check. I wish there were some way to effectively encourage people like this to earn their lot in life. Pulling the rug out from under everybody that needs help is not the answer, however.

It's easy to say you don't want your hard earned money going to pay for social programs, but what many people don't realize is that these programs help to drive our economy. That money that goes to food stamps get spent at grocery stores. If food stamps were taken away, those businesses would have to let go of some of their employees. Heck, some small businesses in poor neighborhoods would probably go under. Now think - all of those employees wouldn't have jobs and couldn't buy cars, clothes, etc. Doing away with social problems would have a profoundly negative effect on our economy.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Xylob
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:09:13 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 8/12/2007
Posts: 8,133
Points: 65,890
ukblueky wrote:
...You cant say that every person who receives government assistance is a lazy bottom feeder...
I didn't.
Facts here are that life is hard and it isn't "fair".
Consumerism and capitalism aren't the blame for all of our woes. Each successive generation's overinflated sense of entitlement is a bigger problem.
You deserve what you have earned. That's it.
Often times what people need is not what they have earned.
Often times what people have is more than they deserve.
Life is not fair.
Communism and socialism are beautiful dreams, but they are fundamentally flawed by one simple thing: human nature.
There will always be people who are willing to work harder and more than others and there will always be people who aren't willing to work.
How can I be rich when my neighbor is poor?
A better question is 'what has he done to earn something better for himself?'.
Charity is not the answer.
Give a hand up, not a hand-out.
Help those who are willing to help themselves. (banned) the rest.
Yup, I said it. If you aren't willing to help yourself, why should anybody else waste their time on you?

At risk of repeating myself, personal responsibility is a concept very few seem to comprehend.
I am not responsible for you or your problems. I take responsibility for myself, my actions, and my problems.
If more people would be willing to do this and fewer people would expect everything to be handed to them many of the biggest problems in our society wouldn't exist.

"It's not my fault I'm poor, my parents were poor and society won't give me a break" is nothing but a cry-baby bull$hit excuse.
My parents were poor when I was a kid. I am not.
Now, neither are they.
No hand-outs, no charity.
Just determination and a willingness to address and solve our own problems.
Wall

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:11:39 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 8/12/2007
Posts: 8,133
Points: 65,890
4saken1 wrote:
...Doing away with social problems would have a profoundly negative effect on our economy.
Please tell me you meant to say programs.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:56:25 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/7/2007
Posts: 4,215
Points: 12,645
Location: Kentucky
Xylob wrote:


"It's not my fault I'm poor, my parents were poor and society won't give me a break" is nothing but a cry-baby bull$hit excuse.
My parents were poor when I was a kid. I am not.
Now, neither are they.
No hand-outs, no charity.
Just determination and a willingness to address and solve our own problems.
Wall


That's good for them and you (not being sarcastic but genuine) but no one gets anywhere without help. Most jobs that pay well are gotten because the person needing the job knows someone who helps them get the job. A person with all the right connections will get farther in life then the person without connections. Not saying its fair. It is what it is. It's not a cry baby excuse either though.
I have a great paying job and I only got the job because I had a connection on the inside. Sometimes having the right last name will get you farther than having the right skills. Don't tell me the Kardashians or Paris Hilton got to be celebrities (using the term loosely) because they deserve it or are talented. Nope, its because their daddies were rich.

RubberMalletComics
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 11:46:27 AM

Rank: Supporting Cast
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 10/7/2013
Posts: 49
Points: 398
ukblueky wrote:
RubberMalletComics wrote:
Here's my opinion of doctors: They do stuff and deal with stuff I would never in a million years want to get near. Illness is gross. It pays because it takes special people to do it.


If that's the case, we should pay school janitors way more money. They have to clean nasty bathrooms and puke from sick, snot nosed kids.


Agreed. Janitors are most likely underpaid. Most blue collar workers are.

However, a janitor doesn't require 6+ years of schooling and while mopping up puke sucks, it isn't a specialized skill.

Rubber Mallet Comics
822 Wyoming Avenue
West Pittston, PA 18643
4saken1
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 12:36:56 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 8/13/2007
Posts: 2,492
Points: 10,341
Xylob wrote:
4saken1 wrote:
...Doing away with social problems would have a profoundly negative effect on our economy.
Please tell me you meant to say programs.


That I did! Ugh, I hate it when your brain thinks one thing but your fingers type another.....Laughing

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

4saken1
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 1:02:10 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 8/13/2007
Posts: 2,492
Points: 10,341
Xylob, i noticed most of your arguments have a very existentialist flavor to them. Your reasoning assumes that those that have not achieved the position in life that you have is primarily due to lack of effort on their part, without providing evidence to support this assertion. Yes, there are plenty out there where this is, in fact the case. You assume, though, that because you were able to pay your own medical debts that others should, too. You assume that because you were able to get a job that pays your bills that others should too. What would you say to those that have put in an equal or greater effort than you yet still have nothing, though? In case you weren't aware, there's a ton of people that have gone to college and gotten degrees, but still have problems finding higher than minimum wage jobs if they can even find those!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 1:43:10 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member

Joined: 2/23/2007
Posts: 1,468
Points: 4,686
Most people don't know this but we have more people in prison then the rest of the world combined. Just think how much tax dollars goes for there food & medical.

Its just like the lottery they say the money goes to schools but only 3% goes to schools the rest goes to the government.

What kills me we send billions of dollars over seas to help other countries or to do stupid studies instead of useing that money to pay are bills or help are on people.

What eats me up the most is how bad the government treats are military. If it wasn't for certain programs most of are men & women wouldn't have the money to get there fake limbs.
Khaine
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:32:59 AM
Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/3/2013
Posts: 237
Points: 731
b0bafett wrote:
What eats me up the most is how bad the government treats are military. If it wasn't for certain programs most of are men & women wouldn't have the money to get there fake limbs.


Not sure what your referencing to, it reads like you may have picked out extreme cases and made a blanket statement.

The soldiers get (and from what I see everytime I goto the VA hospital, soldiers from every era) free medical care for all inservice injuries for life. Out of service injuries are at a discounted rate for 5 years after they exit service so we didn't need a health care plan (for those 5 years) up until this obama care thing.

There may have been a shortage of proper limbs at the beginning of the war but, again that's not true anymore. In fact there are "bionic" limbs now that qualify soldiers to remain inservice which was unheard of 10-15 years ago.

Now, for the gulf war syndrome/agent orange they got the short end of the stick for a very long time but, the government has finally made that right (much too late for many that were effected)

As for any other treatment we recieve (no raises, benifits reduced, etc..) it's caused by the draw down (which has not been secret). Soldiers that were in prior to this century might remember the last draw down (or the after effects) and know the deal. It seems like a total suprise to this generation that when your no longer needed, you don't get the extras or pandered to anymore.
freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:07:28 AM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/4/2012
Posts: 929
Points: 6,271
4saken1 wrote:
Xylob, i noticed most of your arguments have a very existentialist flavor to them. Your reasoning assumes that those that have not achieved the position in life that you have is primarily due to lack of effort on their part, without providing evidence to support this assertion. Yes, there are plenty out there where this is, in fact the case. You assume, though, that because you were able to pay your own medical debts that others should, too. You assume that because you were able to get a job that pays your bills that others should too. What would you say to those that have put in an equal or greater effort than you yet still have nothing, though? In case you weren't aware, there's a ton of people that have gone to college and gotten degrees, but still have problems finding higher than minimum wage jobs if they can even find those!


+1

I guess in Xylobs world nobody picks oranges, or picks up trash. Guess all those low paying jobs should be eliminated and everyone should have a high paying job that affords them all the perks in life.



Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar


Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics



Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.876 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241