Welcome Guest Active Topics
X-Men: Days of Future Past Options
CCComics
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 3:06:18 PM
Groups: Member

jeffjeff1
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 7:14:40 PM

Cool site. I heard that Anna Paquin and Halle Berry were coming back to play in Days of Future Past. I heard this while I was waiting in line to meet Stan Lee today.
Reggie
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:24:35 AM

New Trailer X-Men: Days of Future Past

Looks pretty damn good!

KingZombie
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:45:39 PM

I am psyched! Mostly because Brett Ratner is not participating in this one.

Bring on the Sentinels!
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:45:24 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

OMG this looks amazing!

I'm so happy we're at the point with comic movies that we can tell actual comic-like stories, rather than seeing the same origin story 3-4 times over.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Reggie
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:32:13 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
OMG this looks amazing!

I'm so happy we're at the point with comic movies that we can tell actual comic-like stories, rather than seeing the same origin story 3-4 times over.

Agreed. I'm also quite amazed that they were able to get every single actor on board. That is one of my pet peeves. When they have to change actors within the same franchise, I just can't get into the movie anymore.

spacecitycomics
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:52:14 PM

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:34:00 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

yeah, I saw that too.
Think we'll see Forge or Nimrod?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
spacecitycomics
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 9:11:13 AM

I don't know, might be character overload for nonX people.
Hell, I've been reading X-men since the late 60's, and I can't
tell who some of the new team is.
fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 12:51:21 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

That has to be Bishop.

Mad Bloggings

rook68
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:10:52 PM

Saw the trailer online a bunch of times. Seeing it for the first time on the big screen at Thor: The Dark World. I am so pumped for this one. The trailer looked even better in the movie theater. Can't wait.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

KingZombie
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2014 9:39:04 PM

Saw the movie opening night.

Great movie if only for the reason that it corrects all the mistakes of X-Men: The Last Stand which was a stinking pile of bull dung.

Here's a list of things I liked (spoilers obviously so if you haven't seen it, stop reading)

1. Wolverine wasn't the focal point, and with as many characters as there were in the movie it was spread out quite well.
2. Quicksilver! Although his codename was not used he was by far the best character in the movie.
3. Quicksilver hinting that Magneto is his dad.
4. Blink. In all honestly I don't know much about this character. I stopped reading the X-titles before she was introduced but her power was used in a very cool way.
5. Sentinels! Not the stupid looking squiddies in The Matrix. The originals... finally on the big screen. Long overdue (Sorry, but the small appearance in X:TLS doesn't really count).
6. Jennifer Lawrence was great as usual. She never disappoints and the France confrontation was a great scene.
7. Jean and Scott are back! Yes!!! F U Ratner!!!
8. End credit scene. En Sabah Nur! En Sabah Nur!

While I give the movie a thumb's up, with most every comic book movie I usually have some fanboy gripes. So here's a list of things I didn't like.

1. No explanation of how Professor X got his body back.
2. No explanation of how Kitty Pryde is able to send people's minds back in time. Did I miss something?
3. It would have been nice to see Wolverine slice up some Sentinels but we don't see it in the future and in the past he has those near useless bone claws (hate the bone claws!)
4. Movie takes place in 1973 and Wolverine mentions he comes from 50 years in the future which would make that year 2023. So how come Iceman, Colossus and Kitty Pryde still look like they haven't really aged that much since we last saw them in 2005, almost 20 years earlier?
5. Banshee and White Queen have died. Just because they're great characters, it would've been nice to see them again. They died before history was changed so if they do come back, it'll be lame.
6. Quicksilver but no Scarlet Witch?! Was she supposed to be the little girl?
7. Storm's hair. Hasn't been done well since the first movie, IMO. Give her her white mane! It looks great!
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2014 9:56:32 PM

KingZombie wrote:
4. Movie takes place in 1973 and Wolverine mentions he comes from 50 years in the future which would make that year 2023. So how come Iceman, Colossus and Kitty Pryde still look like they haven't really aged that much since we last saw them in 2005, almost 20 years earlier?...
Last Stand takes place sometime "in the future" (per the subtitle at the beginning of the movie - just watched all of them this week so I could see Future's Past this morning), not necessarily 2005/2006 when it was made/released. Still, your point is quite valid. They look 5-6 years older, not 50. Especially Jinks, the beard doesn't do anything to help. Age of Apocalypse comes out in 2 years, I don't know how much longer they can keep using Jackman to play a character who doesn't age...

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Shizz
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2014 8:15:16 AM

I thought it was good, not great. Most of the gripes mentioned I agree with, but after X3 I wasn't expecting too much. I do like the reset though. Now all of the #$@% that they have tried to force us to accept can be re-done..... hopefully right this time.Pray
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:16:00 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Just saw this tonight. Thought it was really well done. I'm not going to go over everything already mentioned, but I will add my two cents. Here are some observations/questions:

1. Although Quicksilver's sister is only seen as a little girl, you can still really tell a Wanda/Scarlet Witch resemblance in the mother.

2. The events of X-Men: First Class took place in 1962, and Magneto was taken into custody in 1963, where he was isolated for ten years. After he breaks out, he talks about the members of the Brotherhood being killed one by one while Charles did nothing. So did all that happen in one year? Seems rushed.

3. More timeline stuff--the movie takes place in 2023. At the very end of the movie, we see the point where Wolverine "catches up" with himself, so to speak, at the moment in the stream of time when he was sent back (also 2023). So does this mean the next film will take place after 2023?

4. Anyone else notice Len Wein in the credits? Apparently he played a Congressman. Also, Anna Paquin (Rogue) is noted very early on in the end credits, even though her screen time was very brief at the end. I've heard that she had a LOT of scenes cut from the movie, much to her displeasure.

5. Big question--since the events of the later X-films are basically eradicated, does this mean Wolverine no longer has his Adamantium? Presumably Mystique saves him at the end from being captured by the government. Also--ten bucks says the next Wolverine movie takes place after the events of 1973 in this movie.

6. Going into this, I heard that the movie "fixed" and "made sense of" the events from the Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine. I had assumed that meant it was going to help explain some of the shaky continuity between those films and First Class (ie, Professor X still being able to walk in the early 1980's as seen in Last Stand; Professor X saying Magneto helped him build Cerebro in the first X-Men film, etc). But Days of Future Past didn't really explain any of that--it just wiped the slate clean and said "eh, doesn't matter now." I found that a little disappointing.

7. Speaking of The Last Stand--I think Brett Ratner gets too much hate for that movie. Sure, you can tell his direction wasn't as strong as Bryan Singer, but he wasn't responsible for the story and content of the movie. He doesn't have a writing credit for The Last Stand, so all the deaths and the way it adapted The Dark Phoenix Saga had nothing to do with him. True, a movie director can add elements and improvise some story elements, but he really has nothing to do with the meat of the actual story as written in the screenplay. As a matter of fact, one of the main writers on The Last Stand (Simon Kinberg) is also one of the writers of Days of Futures Past (in fact, he wrote the screenplay). So drink that in.

8. Peter Dinklage. I don't want to sound too profound or dramatic here, but I have to say his role in this movie is a breakthrough for dwarves (can I say that?) everywhere. Generally, dwarves are cast in roles for either of two reasons. The first is in comedies. Because people think dwarves are funny. I'm thinking Elf and Happy Gilmore here. The second reason a dwarf is cast in a movie is if the role actually calls for it as a plot device (Wizard of Oz, Willow). Even in Game of Thrones, the fact that Dinklage is a dwarf is mentioned in the show (calling him "imp"), and is brought out by the characters in the show's narrative. With Days of Future Past, it's neither of these. The role is played totally straight. No one mentions he's a dwarf, and it's not played for laughs. It could just as easily have gone to a tall person. Dinklage was cast for his acting ability, and nothing else. I think this is really commendable.

rook68
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:55:53 PM

Okay. Just got done seeing the movie today. I also thought it was very well done. Made up for a very bad Xmen Last Stand. A movie I walked out of the theater in the middle of it showing. What I like is that it corrected some wrongs that Last Stand had. One was having showed so many characters and never developing any of the characters in a cool way. Days Of Future Past did a way better job. For me Quicksilver and Bishop were highlights in the movie that I enjoyed. They also brought back characters that I missed seeing. Tying the past with the present and future was a twist that we have seen in other films. But overall flowed to a great ending. The preview to the next Xmen flick looks promising. Can't wait.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 6:30:42 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
Anna Paquin (Rogue) is noted very early on in the end credits, even though her screen time was very brief at the end. I've heard that she had a LOT of scenes cut from the movie, much to her displeasure.

I know the feeling. Angry Boo Hoo! Laughing

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Thundercron
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 9:55:20 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Oh, I just remembered another thing I liked about this movie--at no point does Wolverine start crying for some reason like he does in pretty much all the other X-films. Look, I'm not saying dudes shouldn't cry, and I know filmmakers like the hero to give way to tears because they think it makes the character more relatable to the audience. But this is Wolverine here. He doesn't start crying every time something bad happens. When someone close to him dies, his urge is to get super ticked off and start breaking/killing things. He doesn't sit back and cry about it.
BatofGold
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2014 4:44:22 AM

I wonder if the movie is supposed to clean out continuity holes in the whole movie franchise. Or does it only fit a current continuity, started by "First Class?" It's got some nice quotables, though.
Xylob
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2014 7:03:42 AM

Xylob wrote:
...They look 5-6 years older, not 50. Especially Jinks, the beard doesn't do anything to help...
My bad, that's not the dude from Warehouse 13, it's his twin brother. How silly of me!

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted: