Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Shopping around for subscription service on CCL Options
Khaine
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:43:22 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I maybe taking a prolonged trip to out of country. Now, this trip is still up in the air and may or may not happen. I talked to my LCS about getting my pulllist sent to my home and getting charged monthly but, he will not do that for me.

Soooo, I would like to see if stores here would be up to the task. My pull list isn't huge its about 75-100 dollars per month. I would ask for a monthly shipment to my house and my wife would take care of it past there.

I wouldn't be asking for this service until I knew for sure if my trip was a go or not, so this is more of a what if.

I'm not sure how payments would be handled, im fine having my cc on file at your store and being billed from that for the monthly total.

My only caveat is my pull list includes 2 1:25 variants that I want on a monthly basis, which I'm willing to pay 10 dollars each for in addition to all the other items

I'll post what my pull list looks like right now to give anyone who is interested an idea of what they would be getting into.
Khaine
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:46:53 AM

Monthly Pull List

DC

GREEN LANTERN 2.99 (plus the variant)
HARLEY QUINN 2.99
SUPERMAN UNCHAINED 3.99
THE MOVEMENT 2.99
BATGIRL 2.99
BATMAN 3.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA 3.99
WORLDS’ FINEST 2.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE 3.99
SUPERGIRL 2.99
AQUAMAN 2.99 (plus the variant)
THE FLASH 2.99

Vertigo

FAIREST 2.99

Dark Horse

HELLBOY 2.99
THE GOON 3.50

CYBERFORCE 2.99
APHRODITE IX 2.99

Other

SPONGEBOB 2.99
POWERPUFF GIRLS 3.99
MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC 3.99
MY LITTLE PONY: MICRO SERIES 3.99
ARCHIE 2.99
ARCHIE AFTER DARK 2.99
WALKING DEAD MAGAZINE 9.99

Limited Series (If there is another DC "event" series that ties in with the normal titles I get I'm usually on board with it.

Forever Evil: Rouges (6) 2.99
Forever Evil (6) 3.99
Forever Evil: Arkham (6) 2.99
Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:24:52 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Khaine wrote:
...I talked to my LCS about getting my pulllist sent to my home and getting charged monthly but, he will not do that for me...
What a tool, I hope he's not the only game in town.
Lots of members here have had great things to say about Pat's subscription service at Comics Castle.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:35:48 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

When is this trip. And for how long?

Last I checked, Pat is no longer running subscriptions due to health.
Khaine
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:12:07 AM

Thundercron wrote:
When is this trip. And for how long?

Last I checked, Pat is no longer running subscriptions due to health.

I won't know when I'm leaving till it get closer to leave, if that makes any sense. But it would most likely be fall timeish.

typical deployment is 12-24 months, I don't think they can hold onto me past 24.
Khaine
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:16:05 AM

Xylob wrote:
Khaine wrote:
...I talked to my LCS about getting my pulllist sent to my home and getting charged monthly but, he will not do that for me...
What a tool, I hope he's not the only game in town.
Lots of members here have had great things to say about Pat's subscription service at Comics Castle.

I'm guessing he's gotten burnt before. There might be other LCS in the area but, I'm sure they are a longer drive than 30 minutes I do to get to his shop. I thought about just going to an online sub service a few times but, I like to support the little guy whereever and whenever I can.
BruceReville
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:03:05 PM

Groups: Member

DCBS

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

Khaine
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:20:15 PM

DCBS a shop i did a search but nothing came up

edit

and my bad i searched on this site then did a google D'oh
Tamwood
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:35:06 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I think your 1:25 variants are going to be the stickler. I know my shop would be able to pull all these books for you, but they don't order 25 copies of either Green Lantern or Aquaman.
Khaine
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:25:24 PM

ya I figured they would be the challenge. That's pretty much what's holding me up from westfield and the other online subscription services. You can't sub the incentives
kisstour03
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:55:24 PM

Thundercrons Longbox is awesome to deal with.
freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:38:25 PM

Khaine wrote:
ya I figured they would be the challenge. That's pretty much what's holding me up from westfield and the other online subscription services. You can't sub the incentives

You really are better off just leaving the variants off your list and subscribing with someone here. The discounts will make up for it in the long run. Most LCS's only offer 15-20% off while here you can probably get 35-40% off. Plus those 2 titles dont command huge amounts of money on ebay, right now you can score most of those 1:25 variants for $15 or less. So just get regular issues here and snag those variants off ebay.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Khaine
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:45:09 AM

That's kind of what I'm trying to avoid, I'm not sure when and how I would get online right now as I'm not sure where I'll be at.

I didn't ask for discounts on my subs, I actually pay full price at my LCS. So I figure if I paid full price, shipping and handling and got the incentives it would be worth the few extra dollars to avoid the hassle of making sure I got my 2 incentives.

Heck even if the subscription store went and bought the incentives off westfield every month they would probably make 4-5 bucks off the incentives plus what they would make off my normal subs.

And figure what I pay in gas now going to my LCS on a weekly basis I would actually save money in theory.
inhumanking
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:58:01 AM

BruceReville wrote:
DCBS

this... Discount Comic Book Service.

Khaine wrote:
My only caveat is my pull list includes 2 1:25 variants that I want on a monthly basis, which I'm willing to pay 10 dollars each for in addition to all the other items.

for the current order, DCBS is listing the variants you want at $12 each... $2 more than you're willing to pay, but your entire list is gonna come in at a 35%-%40 discount, which probably makes up for the $4 extra variant cost and maybe your S&H too.

after Pat stopped his long distance sub service, i switched to these guys and after 2 shipments i have no complaints.

kevscomics
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:21:48 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

I used Pat here on ccl, and then switched to DCBS, I am really happy with them so far. Pretty much 40% off cover on about everything...
Spider-Man
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:14:09 AM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

kevscomics wrote:
I used Pat here on ccl, and then switched to DCBS, I am really happy with them so far. Pretty much 40% off cover on about everything...

Same for me. Had Pat for a while, now have DCBS and no complaints so far. You would have to go online each month and order the books yourself, but at least you would be sure you get what you want.

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:05:02 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

If you haven't found anything yet I might be able to help you. I don't offer a subscription service but I could add your pull list at my LCS and ship it to you. We could work out the logistics. I'm not sure about the 1:25 covers, I would have to ask. Let me know if I can help.

Howie

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations