Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Comic Books » How did this get by the Comic Code Authority?

How did this get by the Comic Code Authority?

MoonKnight1
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:46:53 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Location: Richmond, VA
Joined: 5/24/2010 | Posts: 5,169 | Points: 21,808
Holy cow! Uh...what is Alf doing to that poor seal? Is this a kids book or a Furry's fantasy? I, I feel like I need to stick a sharpened spoon into my eyes to get rid of that image.

Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly





BurningDoom
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:32:02 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,819 | Points: 61,190
Well, dirty minds think dirty thoughts. Not that it's not suggestive, though.

I'd say he's trying to hold on to a slippery seal, while he's telling someone off-panel to hurry up (for whatever reason he's holding the seal for, but that's the hook on this cover, you have to buy it to find out).
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:46:04 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Joined: 8/12/2007 | Posts: 8,611 | Points: 72,685
MoonKnight1 wrote:
How did this get by the Comic Code Authority?
The unbelievable awesomeness over-rides all codes and rules?
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
BruceReville
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:50:02 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 1/21/2010 | Posts: 1,086 | Points: 3,258
Oh Yeah, ....OOOOOOOo Baby, ......I Gotta Have It Drooling
Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!



andyborehol
Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:21:54 PM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Joined: 2/10/2012 | Posts: 991 | Points: 2,973
As if the seal thing weren't enough, he's also doing some Michael Jackson-style baby dangling in the top left corner:

Rolling on the Floor
ComicReaderBatman
Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:18:10 AM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Location: Conneticut
Joined: 8/27/2012 | Posts: 315 | Points: 1,230
It all depends on how you interpret it. Your never know what was and wasn't appropriate for the code.
I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
Thundercron
Saturday, November 16, 2013 11:08:32 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Location: Redland, Oregon
Joined: 9/14/2008 | Posts: 3,303 | Points: 38,599
Shop at My Store
BurningDoom wrote:
Well, dirty minds think dirty thoughts. Not that it's not suggestive, though.

I'd say he's trying to hold on to a slippery seal, while he's telling someone off-panel to hurry up (for whatever reason he's holding the seal for, but that's the hook on this cover, you have to buy it to find out).


Cover says "do no buy if safety seal is missing". So Alf is holding onto the safety seal, and he's telling us to "hurry up, already" and buy it before the seal gets away.

By the way, the issue gets it's special line-item listing in Overstreet because of the risqué cover, and books out at $12 (as of two years ago, anyway).
BurningDoom
Saturday, November 16, 2013 11:52:11 AM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,819 | Points: 61,190
Thundercron wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Well, dirty minds think dirty thoughts. Not that it's not suggestive, though.

I'd say he's trying to hold on to a slippery seal, while he's telling someone off-panel to hurry up (for whatever reason he's holding the seal for, but that's the hook on this cover, you have to buy it to find out).


Cover says "do no buy if safety seal is missing". So Alf is holding onto the safety seal, and he's telling us to "hurry up, already" and buy it before the seal gets away.


Oh, yeah. Pretty obvious there, now.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
outcast
Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:39:38 PM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host
Joined: 7/28/2012 | Posts: 536 | Points: 2,196
ComicReaderBatman wrote:
It all depends on how you interpret it. Your never know what was and wasn't appropriate for the code.
I might be misinterpreting ComicReaderBatman's point, here, but it seems worth pointing out that this panel is from one of the issues of Amazing Spider-Man famously DISapproved by the Comics Code Authority (which was, after all, merely enforcing rules drawn up by the publishers themselves). Also seems worth noting that the disapproved storyline was reprinted WITH Authority approval in Marvel Tales 191 (Sept. 1986), years after the publishers revised the Code to permit mention of drugs.
MoonKnight1
Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:59:42 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Location: Richmond, VA
Joined: 5/24/2010 | Posts: 5,169 | Points: 21,808
BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Well, dirty minds think dirty thoughts. Not that it's not suggestive, though.

I'd say he's trying to hold on to a slippery seal, while he's telling someone off-panel to hurry up (for whatever reason he's holding the seal for, but that's the hook on this cover, you have to buy it to find out).


Cover says "do no buy if safety seal is missing". So Alf is holding onto the safety seal, and he's telling us to "hurry up, already" and buy it before the seal gets away.


Oh, yeah. Pretty obvious there, now.


OK, mystery solved. Now how do you explain this?
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly





Thundercron
Saturday, November 16, 2013 3:19:58 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Location: Redland, Oregon
Joined: 9/14/2008 | Posts: 3,303 | Points: 38,599
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Well, dirty minds think dirty thoughts. Not that it's not suggestive, though.

I'd say he's trying to hold on to a slippery seal, while he's telling someone off-panel to hurry up (for whatever reason he's holding the seal for, but that's the hook on this cover, you have to buy it to find out).


Cover says "do no buy if safety seal is missing". So Alf is holding onto the safety seal, and he's telling us to "hurry up, already" and buy it before the seal gets away.


Oh, yeah. Pretty obvious there, now.


OK, mystery solved. Now how do you explain this?


Good lord.

My next question--how did you find this cover?
comicscastle
Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:41:26 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member
Location: New Jersey
Joined: 1/30/2008 | Posts: 15,539 | Points: 435,163
How about this one. I love the look on the fox's face.



The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe


comicscastle
Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:43:35 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member
Location: New Jersey
Joined: 1/30/2008 | Posts: 15,539 | Points: 435,163
Or this classic from Archie Comics



The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe


BruceReville
Saturday, November 16, 2013 5:53:35 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Joined: 1/21/2010 | Posts: 1,086 | Points: 3,258
Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Well, dirty minds think dirty thoughts. Not that it's not suggestive, though.

I'd say he's trying to hold on to a slippery seal, while he's telling someone off-panel to hurry up (for whatever reason he's holding the seal for, but that's the hook on this cover, you have to buy it to find out).


Cover says "do no buy if safety seal is missing". So Alf is holding onto the safety seal, and he's telling us to "hurry up, already" and buy it before the seal gets away.


Oh, yeah. Pretty obvious there, now.


OK, mystery solved. Now how do you explain this?


Good lord.

My next question--how did you find this cover?


That was a Pre-Cu.....uh, PreCode issue Tongue
Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!



MoonKnight1
Friday, June 06, 2014 1:30:21 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Location: Richmond, VA
Joined: 5/24/2010 | Posts: 5,169 | Points: 21,808
Check out this link: Creepy Kids Books

I like #6: LSD and You the Guide for a fun Afternoon. Only an afternoon? Must not be very good acid! Anxious

#7 is also hilarious. Little Lulu receiving Tubby's chubby! Rolling on the Floor

#1 - Cooking With Pooh. You have got to be kidding me. Whose bright idea was that? Sick

#10 - Gay-Time Painting Book? Yikes!Time Out
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly





Users browsing this topic
Guest

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.204 seconds.
(0.084 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241