Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Removal of Item Bio Info Options
DocRx8482
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:57:17 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I would like to clearly state my displeasure on the removal of some information that I have submitted on Showcase issue #23. I submitted missing information on two features and a text article. All Item bio info was removed because it apparently reflected GCD entries. While I can see the reason for the other info being removed, I however fail to see why my info had to be removed, it was newly entered by myself and was not transposed from anyone else's submissions on any other sites. Now I have to back track and renter those three items. Thank You for you time.

V/R

"Head to the future,
Run from the past,
Hide from the mirror,
And live in a glass,
What dreams forget the whiskey remembers
" (Eric Church/Marv Green)
padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:25:37 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Sorry for your frustration, Doc. I don't know which approver removed the bio material, and truthfully it doesn't matter. It is far, far, far easier for us to wipe out an entire bio than to hunt for which parts may have been lifted from another source, and that sometimes causes us to err. Thanks for continuing to add to the database.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Warlock
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:02:48 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Doc,

This is the reason which I, for the most part, have ceased doing CR's. I found out months ago that somebody, presumably an approver, had gone through systematically removing parts of bios I had contributed (and not the first time it happened, either). I reported it to CCL Steve, who said he would look into it and get back to me (never did).

This, despite site guidelines for it NOT to happen.

So, I figure, why bother? I will put in an issue if it is missing from the database, but clearly, otherwise there is no incentive.

The data is not safe, the efforts not rewarded. Is it any mystery that most entries in the database are missing credits and bios?

If the site is just another comic book marketplace, fine. I had thought that there was a hope to have the database be something outstanding, be the go-to source on the internet. You could get that if you gave submitters the sense that their work wouldn't be thrown down the toilet, and if the points actually meant something, like a sliding-scale discount to the data subscription. But as it is, the site is losing steam on the data side.

too bad, I say.