Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL 2013-14 Options
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 9:08:02 AM

Groups: Member

3-2 victory for the Preds over the Wild last night in the home opener. Great first period by Nashville followed by what appeared to be an attempt to run out the clock the last two periods. Whatever, I will take a win no matter how it looked.

Congratulations to Filip Forsberg for scoring his first career NHL goal. With an assist on the play, rookie Seth Jones (for his first career NHL point). Hope these two continue to get better to make the next few years in Nashville bright.
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 8:05:56 AM

Congrats to Seth Jones for scoring his first career NHL goal Saturday night in a winning effort against the New York Islanders. Applause Dancing
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 2:26:35 PM

A game winning goal for Seth Jones against the Canadiens on Hockey Night in Canada. Dancing Party

Then, Carter Hutton shuts down the Jets as Preds win 3-1 on Sunday. Dancing Party
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:18:49 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Disturbing trend for the Blackhawks - if the game goes into OT/shootout Chicago loses. They had to rely on a late own goal against the Lightning just to tie it up in regulation only to get punked a minute in. Well, that completes the season series with Tampa Bay sweeping 2-0. Good thing they aren't in the Western Conference!Laughing

Hey Jeremy, I might be in Nashville in early January to visit my brother. We are probably going to a Predators game while I'm there. It's tentative right now but if I'm there I would enjoy meeting you. Whatcha think?

(I promise I won't wear my Blackhawks gear!)

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 6:55:18 AM

Predators may be in trouble for the next month, Pekka Rinne is out for about four weeks. Preds current goalies with Pekka out are Carter Hutton, who prior to this year only ever started one game on the NHL level and Magnus Helberg, a rookie. The Preds are going to have to start scoring more goals because it doesn't look like they are going to be able to rely so heavily on the goalie holding the opponent to one goal (which they shouldn't anyway even with Pekka).

And Howie, let me know when you're in town, as long as I am able, I would like to meet you too.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 8:04:34 AM

Shop at My Store

Cool! I'll let you know.

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Hall Liquidations
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:06:35 AM

Three week road trip for my Predators. They don't get another home game until November 16th.Sad
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 12:57:35 PM

Well, looks like Pekka is out for even longer than the initially thought month. From what I hear, he has an E.Coli infection in his leg which could keep him out for several months. Not at all good for the Preds. They can't seem to score and now are relying on a couple of guys that combined have roughly a month's worth of NHL experience. It may be a long year. Nailbiting Pray Pray Pray
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:46:18 AM

Well.....Preds lose to Winnipeg 5-0, New Jersey 5-0, and the Islanders 3-1 (hey scored a goal). And their reward for this embarassing stretch of games? At Pittsburgh on Friday followed the next night with a home game against Chicago. Man, even if the Preds were playing good right now, that is a brutal back-to-back. But hey, the way the Predators are, they will win both those games this weekend. Pray Pray
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 3:33:52 PM

Somehow after being outscored 17-2 over the last 4 games, the Predators put 7 in the net against Chicago. Go Preds!!!Dancing Dancing Dancing
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 12:16:18 PM

Shop at My Store

Jeremy I'm sure you'll get a kick out of this. I meant to post this a week or so ago but kept forgetting.

My favorite Chicago Blackhawks hat fell off and landed in some mess. I knew it was a bad omen and sure enough they got crushed by Toronto 7-3 that night. Ugh.

Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 12:22:43 PM

Shop at My Store

It's rare to see any fighting in International Hockey. It's even rarer to see a full brawl between both teams. But it has got to be uncommon when it's the Women's teams!

Check this video out, so much for it being a "Friendly"! Laughing
Women Brawling on Ice

Hall Liquidations
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 1:38:32 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Jeremy I'm sure you'll get a kick out of this. I meant to post this a week or so ago but kept forgetting.

My favorite Chicago Blackhawks hat fell off and landed in some mess. I knew it was a bad omen and sure enough they got crushed by Toronto 7-3 that night. Ugh.

How could you tell if it got dirty? It already has that Blackhawk logo on it.Devil Devil Devil

Sadly it seems that the entire Predators team fell in some mess. Flailing around in last place in the division and 9 poits out of a wildcard spot. Even more bad news is that Pekka's recovery timetable has been pushed back a couple more weeks to possibly after teh Olympic break if he's lucky.Wall Wall Oh, how nice it would be to be in the Metropolitan division right now where the Preds would be one point out of third.
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 7:00:30 AM

What a wild finish to the Preds-Kings game Saturday night. Kings tie the game with 36 seconds left and only 10 seconds later the Preds net the game winner. Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing

Tonight, Detroit comes to town....Nailbiting Nailbiting
DivideAndConquer
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 9:51:27 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Drew and I lost our hats last night in Columbus with the James Neal Hatty!! GO PENS

Free Media Mail Shipping @ $35

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2014 7:42:10 AM

Preds beat Detroit 6-4 Monday night. Party Party It would be nice if they could have at least half that much scoring on a more frequent basis then they wouldn't be so far behind in the playoff chase (oh how nice it would be to be in the Metropolitan division right about now).
jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2014 7:45:37 AM

The Winter Classic was fun to watch. Hockey in 13 degree weather with snow falling. A good game that came down to a skills competition (still not a fan of Shootouts deciding games), was exactly what NBC was wanting.

I am very curious to see how that game at Dodger Stadium in a few weeks is going to work out seeing how they had so many issues with the Winter Classic that was in Pittsburgh where it was above freezing the whole game. Does it ever get remotely cold enough to keep ice frozen in Los Angeles?
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2014 9:22:38 AM

Shop at My Store

That was a pretty cool sight. I missed the beginning of the game, were they changing ends of the ice halfway through every period? I only saw 3rd period and OT and it was somewhat jarring to see them call "halftime" and switch sides during the frame. I guess it was because of the wind?

Hall Liquidations
jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:51:47 AM

They only did that in the 3rd and overtime so that no team would "have an undue advantage due to the wind" or something like that.
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 1:42:43 PM

Preds finally won a shootout last night in Philadelphia. Man, they have been absolutely terrible in the skills competition. Before last night, they had 1 shootout goal in 18 attempts, just sad. Hopefully they can use this win to get this season turned in the right direction.

Also, did anyone see Hutton's diving save? Hypnotized Hypnotized What a stop after an odd bounce off the boards with him behind the net (a "good" tripping penalty on Legwand helped). Save of the year nominee.