Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Uncanny Avengers #14-#15 Options
fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2014 1:01:24 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Has anyone else read the last couple of issues? I don't want to spoil anything if you have not had a chance yet..but holy frick..issue #14 alone I thought would generate some chatter..

Mad Bloggings

Shizz
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 12:18:01 PM

Groups: Member

I just read them today. When UA first came out I was real close to dropping it with the whole Red Skull brain swap crap, but I'm glad I didn't. This Apocalypse twins run has been awesome. I look forward to seeing how this one turns out more than any other title. I just hope they let what has transpired in these last couple issues play out for a while. Instead of resetting everything back to normal after all is said and done . Either way though this has been an unexpected great read.
fenix1977
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 12:33:20 AM

Shizz wrote:
I just read them today. When UA first came out I was real close to dropping it with the whole Red Skull brain swap crap, but I'm glad I didn't. This Apocalypse twins run has been awesome. I look forward to seeing how this one turns out more than any other title. I just hope they let what has transpired in these last couple issues play out for a while. Instead of resetting everything back to normal after all is said and done . Either way though this has been an unexpected great read.

Ditto. It will lessen what has happened if they don't let it play out. Even though it takes one of my favorite characters out of circulation. This is the only Avenger related book I am reading right now (dropped the other ones), I hope it keeps up the current pace.

Mad Bloggings

rook68
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 11:28:00 AM

fenix1977 wrote:
Has anyone else read the last couple of issues? I don't want to spoil anything if you have not had a chance yet..but holy frick..issue #14 alone I thought would generate some chatter..

Hmmm...I might have to look into this. I was big on the whole A vs X. Then I lost interest. Me thinks the interest is back. Going to pick up some issues this week.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

LordMikel
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:54:23 PM

I just read 14 and wow. I really didn't see that coming at all. Taking aside the deaths, even the cameos at the beginning seem to be leading somewhere interesting.
fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2014 7:29:09 PM

I now find myself..wanting the next issue to come out now..I want to see how this plays out and the other characters reactions to the events in 14-15.

I can see this having an impact on "Wolverine & The X-Men" as the teaching staff has already been shaken up. It makes me ponder if the events of this series will lead to the series reboot that they have planned for the next push in the Marvel Now roll out.

Mad Bloggings

rook68
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 2:46:00 AM

Okay. So I purchased Uncanny Avengers #1 through #8. Next will be #9 through #15. I will make time to read the first 8 issues in the next few days. Can't wait.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

rook68
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:05:44 PM

fenix1977 wrote:

Not sure how I missed this. But just recently; I picked the whole run to date. Wow. Remender is a beast. Can't believe Marvel let him do what he wrote. Read every issue so far and I am blown away. Great read.
Next I am going to get the first Uncanny Xforce run. A lot of what's happening now. Started in Uncanny Xforce as well as Avengers: Children's Crusade. The later story line; I already have in back issues as well as the trade. Good stuff.

Skattershot
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:34:33 PM

One of Marvel's better titles I'd say. Almost dropped it in the beginning, since it started so slow, but getting better. Love the cameos! Raises some serious continuity questions, but since Marvel's thrown that out the door a few years ago, a good stand alone title so far.
Shizz
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 6:24:46 PM

Just read #17....Applause

This story arc is awesome!!!

And though it is readily apparent after reading this issue that these events will have to be reset(though it would be great if they weren't), at least it seems they are going to play it out for a while longer. I look forward to this book more than any other title.
fenix1977
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:21:31 PM

I was surprised (happily that is) to find that this series has been so consistently good. I thought for sure that Hickman's Avengers would be my favorite Marvel read every month....but Uncanny has blown it out of the water.

Mad Bloggings