Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Every issue getting a different title and #1 issue? Options
monidaw1
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:33:06 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I thought the commentary might give some reference to wether they should be listed with a new title for every single issue from this point or lumped under a generic title or placed under their original title which is also mentioned in the indicias and can be seen here. Here's a couple covers.

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

monidaw1
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 1:17:25 PM

Shop at My Store

While we wait for the super secret discussions to spill an answer or two out to the above thoughts, a new thought has come along.

Does having the newsstand box remove an entire word and that double decker period mark you use for titles all the time count as altering the cover enough for it to go in separate?

padreglcc
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 1:21:34 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

monidaw1 wrote:
Does having the newsstand box remove an entire word and that double decker period mark you use for titles all the time count as altering the cover enough for it to go in separate?

I'd say yes.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
padreglcc
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 1:31:18 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

monidaw1 wrote:
I thought the commentary might give some reference to wether they should be listed with a new title for every single issue from this point or lumped under a generic title or placed under their original title which is also mentioned in the indicias and can be seen here. Here's a couple covers.

Individual titles. That's how we handled it when Skullkickers decided to do a bunch of number 1s and kept the original numbering in parenthesis.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
monidaw1
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 3:01:55 PM

Shop at My Store

Thank you. I haven't had a lot of time to look into this stuff lately but the softwares in extra slow slow motion today taking as much as 10 minutes on occasion to "optimise" instead of the normal 5 minutes or so it normally takes after adding new titles so I keep digging up things to explore.

Here's another wierd case. The Newsstand Editions to #7 have $1.25 printed on them so obviously they could be included as a B Variant but in this issues case it appears someone applied a $1.75 sticker over the original one. I would say someone just copied the Direct Editions but this one even includes the Curtis Logo so it appears to be a legit emblem. The Curtis logo doesn't appear on Direct Editions. The $1.25 Newstand cover can be seen clearly at Denver if you want to compare.

Any clue why the sticker? If there was a legit distribution of $1.75 Newsstands with the price change occuring after printing then maybe there should be two variants added one day, the $1.25 Newsstand and the $1.75 Newsstand Sticker Variants. Think

Back to optimizing. We should be at 13 of 39 by now. Wall

outcast
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 5:27:04 PM
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host

I'd guess the $1.25 price was a production error, corrected after printing by affixing the sticker. It's not common, but it's hardly unprecedented.