Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Howie's CCL NFL Competition - Picks Thread Options
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 6:54:41 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Although I am pretty sure it doesn't matter as far as final standings go, I am going to make my picks for this weekend anyway.

Denver
Seattle - Lock

Man I hope I'm right with these. I can't stand any team from the Boston area and the Niners all seem to be jerks. That game yesterday between Carolina and San Francisco killed me because both have extremely annoying, arrogant jerks for quarterbacks.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:28:16 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Announcements coming today! Stay Tuned.

Last week was a tough one for me as I was on set most of the week and when I wasn't out there I was either resting or walking around in a brain dead fog. Thank you for persevering!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

BruceReville
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:39:34 AM

Groups: Member

San Fran
New England - Lock

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:15:52 PM

Shop at My Store

It's Over!!!

We have a winner!

Drum roll please.

And that winner is.....Waiting Nailbiting Anxious

b0bafett!!!!Applause Party Dancing

Boba finished first in Weekly High Score and Lock Pick, was second in Monday Night Football, third in Total Weekly Points and fourth in Win/Loss Percentage for a Total Score of 44 out of a possible high of 50 points.

DivideAndConquer came in a very close second only one point below and won outright Total Weekly Points, Monday Night Football and Win/Loss Percentage.

Third Place with 34 points is jbeeman85

Complete Standings are as follows:

Overall Score

1. 44 - b0bafett
2. 43 - DivideAndConquer
3. 34 - jbeeman85
4. 31 - Dreadnok01
5. 26 - Reggie
6. 25 - BruceReville
7. 22 - MoonKnight1
8. 21 - freakdylan
9. 21 - ComicReaderBatman
10. 7 - comicuniversity

11. 1 - pottersan
12. 0 - TheGhost

Full Recap is on the way.

I am adding additional prizes to the package and will list the order in which selcetions will be made.

Congratulations Boba! Thanks to everyone for playing. It was a fun year.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

Dreadnok01
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 5:37:41 PM

GREAT JOB!!! Thanks everyone I had a great time.
b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:19:20 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Thanks Moon & everyone for a fun way to pass some time
BruceReville
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 10:08:57 PM

Denver - Lock

I refuse to quit

jbeeman85
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 10:16:20 PM

I'm playing this out to the end too Bruce.

Denver - Lock

Had to think long and hard on which pick to use my lock on this week.Laughing Laughing
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:03:16 PM

Shop at My Store

I'm with you!

Seattle - Lock

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:44:29 PM

Shop at My Store

Prizes have been shipped!

Thank you all for playing along this year Applause it was real fun!

Even though my team was the second worst in the NFL this season Crying there was plenty of excitement. The playoffs have been fantastic as well.

This is the first time I have done a competition like this and a couple of times I was unsure of how to handle things. Now that I have one under my belt I am confident that next year will be even better. I'll be back with more prizes, different ways to win and a revamped contest. Thank you all for helping me along and sticking with the whole thing!

Thank you as well for the suggestions on how to improve the competition. You have brought up some good points and I appreciate the input. One of the things for next year will be a separate contest for the Playoffs. I will still use them for regular season tiebreakers but there is going to be a Playoff Challenge with only one winner.

On a personal note, I don't know if anyone noticed but in December I was invited to be a Moderator. (Hope we can still be friends, Dylan! Laughing ). I was also given the Sports Forum specifically to monitor. Pretty much because no one else wanted it! Either way, I consider it to be an honor and am happy to be able to help keep CCL spam free at least.

I'm hoping to have you all back next season!
Howie

Hall Liquidations

Reggie
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:28:35 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

Even though my team was the second worst in the NFL this season Crying there was plenty of excitement. The playoffs have been fantastic as well.

This is the first time I have done a competition like this and a couple of times I was unsure of how to handle things. Now that I have one under my belt I am confident that next year will be even better. I'll be back with more prizes, different ways to win and a revamped contest. Thank you all for helping me along and sticking with the whole thing!

Thank you as well for the suggestions on how to improve the competition. You have brought up some good points and I appreciate the input. One of the things for next year will be a separate contest for the Playoffs. I will still use them for regular season tiebreakers but there is going to be a Playoff Challenge with only one winner.

On a personal note, I don't know if anyone noticed but in December I was invited to be an Approver. (Hope we can still be friends, Dylan! Laughing ). I was also given the Sports Forum specifically to monitor. Pretty much because no one else wanted it! Either way, I consider it to be an honor and am happy to be able to help keep CCL spam free at least.

Howie

Applause

Dreadnok01
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:05:57 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

On a personal note, I don't know if anyone noticed but in December I was invited to be an Approver. (Hope we can still be friends, Dylan! Laughing ). I was also given the Sports Forum specifically to monitor. Pretty much because no one else wanted it! Either way, I consider it to be an honor and am happy to be able to help keep CCL spam free at least.

Howie

How's about a big round of applause for moonknight1 for all of his hard work and keeping us all entertained through this long season?

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Thanks Howie!
freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:11:15 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

Hmmm I thought they made you a Moderator, so no worries. They will wait until you are all dried out, crusty and grumpy with an inflated ego before they make you an approver, lol.

...Disclaimer...
Was a joke people so no need for nasty replies

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:12:08 PM

Oh and thanks again Howie for the awesome football season. I just wish I wouldnt have missed a weeks picks and one lock, might have did a little better.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:03:39 PM

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Hmmm I thought they made you a Moderator, so no worries. They will wait until you are all dried out, crusty and grumpy with an inflated ego before they make you an approver, lol.

...Disclaimer...
Was a joke people so no need for nasty replies

Yes, it is Moderator. Don't know why I said Approver. That's a job I don't want.

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:40:23 AM

Thanks Howie for making me care about pro football through another middle of the road season for my Titans. I had fun.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
BruceReville
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:30:41 AM

I had lots of fun but before playing my Falcons had 5 winning seasons in a row - I'll play again next year but if they start losing it is because I play this game and I'll stop - them winning is all that matters to me.

Hey its only weird when it doesn't work.

jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:00:49 AM

BruceReville wrote:
I had lots of fun but before playing my Falcons had 5 winning seasons in a row - I'll play again next year but if they start losing it is because I play this game and I'll stop - them winning is all that matters to me.

Hey its only weird when it doesn't work.

Maybe next year I will pick against the Titans every week, it could cause them to win. It worked week 1 when I picked the Steelers. I will have to think about that one. Think Think Think

Another it's only weird when it doesn't work idea.
BruceReville
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:07:34 PM

Got my prize today Dancing TyTyTyTyTyTyTy!!!!!!

Reggie
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 4:40:59 PM

BruceReville wrote:
Got my prize today Dancing TyTyTyTyTyTyTy!!!!!!

Same here! Thanks Howie!! Dancing
Oh and I'll see if I have any good item/s that maybe I could send to you to use as a prize/s for next season. Thanks again Howie!