Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Forever Evil Discussion (Spoilers) Options
padreglcc
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 6:58:45 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

fenix1977 wrote:
Right now I am more geeking out that Ted Kord is supposed to show up at some point.

Issue #7

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:21:20 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

fenix1977 wrote:
...Right now I am more geeking out that Ted Kord is supposed to show up at some point.
He's already appeared - Luthor was having a conversation with him. I can only hope this means an eventual return of Booster Gold (after all, isn't finding him the JLAs secondary mission?). It's been almost a year since Booster's appeared in the N52.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:08:38 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Xylob wrote:
fenix1977 wrote:
...Right now I am more geeking out that Ted Kord is supposed to show up at some point.
He's already appeared - Luthor was having a conversation with him. I can only hope this means an eventual return of Booster Gold (after all, isn't finding him the JLAs secondary mission?). It's been almost a year since Booster's appeared in the N52.

When?! Did I miss it?!

Mad Bloggings

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 1:25:22 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Xylob wrote:
Tamwood wrote:
I'm more confused by FE's place in the DC storyline than anything. It would appear, from the tangents in JL, JLA and JLD, that it's an in-continuity (what's that?) story...
I too am confused.
I know that when n52 started some titles were doing stories from "10 years ago", "5 years ago" and "now", but I thought that everything had caught up and FE was happening "now" - but with
Sinestro's appearance in this last issue, there's no way in hell it's "now" because he hasn't been a Yellow Lantern for a very long time and according to the Green Lantern books everybody thinks he's dead and he won't be seen again for a very, very long time.

As such, I'm gonna have to move all the FE books and their tie-in/lead-in books to the "5 years ago" section (if not the "10 years ago").

Well no, that's not quite right with Sinestro, from what I remember in GL #25:

Last we saw Sinestro he had just finished killing all the Guardians. He then merged with the Parallax Entity, essentially becoming the ultimate Sinestro Corps Lantern, then left our galaxy to parts unknown.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 3:17:44 PM

Didn't the recent annual indicate he was 'never seen again' and then reveal he was the new keeper of the book of Oa though?
Bah... now I'm gonna have to dig 'em all out and re-read.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

LordMikel
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 8:08:53 PM
Groups: Member

So I haven't been picking up this series. But I am wondering. Should I get the trade when it comes out? The main one, or also the Rogues and Arkham trades?
Xylob
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 9:23:11 PM

Seems like a good theory, but in practice DC trades like to do issues "1-3, 5, 7, 9-10 & Annual #4" leaving you with $20 of confusing frustration in TPB format...

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Khaine
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:44:12 AM

In the past one or two green lantern issues Hal makes mention that the corp is searching for sinestro but can't find him. Like he dropped off the face of the universe or something like that.
Khaine
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:12:19 AM

LordMikel wrote:
So I haven't been picking up this series. But I am wondering. Should I get the trade when it comes out? The main one, or also the Rogues and Arkham trades?

If you just wanted the meat and potatoes I would get the intial JL, JLA & JLD trinity titles, then forever evil and JL. Probably will save you money getting the back issues on the cheap.

I havn't really read most of the tie in's since the ones I have didn't really contribute to the progression of the main storyline. JLA has but, past few issues are a hot mess and the main storyline will just be brought up to speed with a footnote or two.

the other forever evil series, I've been getting the Arkham and Rogue.

Rogue upsets me because they are using multi artists in the book so you will get 3-5 nice pages of art then .... Wall . The story overlaps with the main title but, its seems to be more like a string of one shots which could have just been added in the back of the main flash comic and took over flash for a few issues. After the last major flash storyline concluded it would have been a better route to me....

Arkham doesn't deal with the major plot what so ever and is focused on how the nuts deal with a batmanless gotham. Since the batman titles are not "caught" up to the rest of the DC titles there really is no point in getting it. Unless of course zero year, gothtopia or whatever that confussing mess is brings batman back up to speed with the DC universe.
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:00:37 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Khaine wrote:
In the past one or two green lantern issues Hal makes mention that the corp is searching for sinestro but can't find him. Like he dropped off the face of the universe or something like that.

He went outside of the Guardian's sectors in the universe after he merged with the Parallax entity. He basically had had his fill of the various Lanterns and Guardians and such, is how I took it.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
padreglcc
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:30:32 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:
Khaine wrote:

He went outside of the Guardian's sectors in the universe after he merged with the Parallax entity. He basically had had his fill of the various Lanterns and Guardians and such, is how I took it.

The GL books probably aren't quite caught up to the events of Forever Evil either.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Xylob
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 9:07:25 AM

Xylob wrote:
fenix1977 wrote:
My bad - that wasn't Ted, it was his father.
Ted is set to appear at the end of Forever Evil and will play some kind of role in the new Justice League post-FE (a new Max Lord? the irony would be ridiculous).

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted: