Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
WWE Fan Council Options
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 8:43:13 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

BruceReville wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:
I'm not sure exactly what happened to make it slide down so much. During the Monday Night Wars, there were 2 or 3 times as many people watching every week.

You asked and answered your own question at the same time. No Competition - No Need To Really try when you have 90% of the market.

Yeah, that makes sense. That's why I wish TNA was able to be actual competition so that WWE would try harder.
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 9:42:21 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

jbeeman85 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:
I'm not sure exactly what happened to make it slide down so much. During the Monday Night Wars, there were 2 or 3 times as many people watching every week.

You asked and answered your own question at the same time. No Competition - No Need To Really try when you have 90% of the market.

Yeah, that makes sense. That's why I wish TNA was able to be actual competition so that WWE would try harder.

At one point, they could have if they put a little more effort into it. They had the money, and they had the talent. They even had the smaller, modern NWA to pull talent from.

Now, though, it's a different story. Talent is leaving TNA in droves and they're losing money and moving to smaller, more empty arenas. And they severed their ties to NWA, so there goes easy new talent.

TNA is feeling a lot like WCW did in the last few months. I really feel TNA doesn't have much life left in it unless they do something drastic. And that sucks, because I prefer TNA to the modern WWE.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
kidlippy
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 10:03:10 AM

I always felt that TNA never knew what to do with their talent. They had amazing talent over the years but don't always use it.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

BruceReville
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 10:55:40 AM

Groups: Member

Two things in common drove TNA and WCW down and one eventually out of buisness and the other about to be.

Eric Bischoff & Hulk Hogan

Just saying

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 12:03:56 PM

BruceReville wrote:
Two things in common drove TNA and WCW down and one eventually out of buisness and the other about to be.

Just saying

This seems to be a common opinion of many on wrestling forums as a primary cause of TNA's problems. I'm glad they finally cut ties with Hogan, who is now supposedly working out a deal to be at Wrestlemania this year. I think Bischoff still works in the TNA offices but I'm not sure.

You would think that TNA would have learned from WCW's mistakes and would not follow basically the same exact path as they did.
kidlippy
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 12:40:53 PM

jbeeman85 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:

Just saying

This seems to be a common opinion of many on wrestling forums as a primary cause of TNA's problems. I'm glad they finally cut ties with Hogan, who is now supposedly working out a deal to be at Wrestlemania this year. I think Bischoff still works in the TNA offices but I'm not sure.

You would think that TNA would have learned from WCW's mistakes and would not follow basically the same exact path as they did.

It doesn't help that some past wrestlers label Bischoff as a genius (Diamond Dallas Page claimed this just recently). TNA is desperate that they are willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 8:41:02 PM

BruceReville wrote:

Just saying

It seems that way on the surface, but if we look at the details, it's just the opposite.

Let's take WCW, first. Before Bischoff came along, WCW was bleeding out money. They were in the red, by far. They went through booker after booker after booker. And nobody, it seemed, could get the company out of it's funk.

Then here comes Bischoff. He not only takes the company out of the red, but makes it a competing company on WWF's level. And not only did he compete with them, he BEAT them for nearly 2 years straight in the ratings wars (and that was after trading 1st place back-and-forth for a while).

What killed WCW was not Bischoff. It was first the Time-Warner merger with all of Turner's on-air companies. They restricted a lot of what they could do on-air in WCW. When Bischoff finally had enough of battling them on it and losing, he waited his contract out, then left. Then came along Vince Russo. The real poison of WCW. When Vince Russo took over, ratings plummeted and arenas emptied. He was TERRIBLE as the head-of-creative running things. His ideas were just stupid. I mean what the hell was with KISS's the Demon wrestling? Or freaking 3-Count?

And Hogan was the best thing to ever happen to WCW. Top star in the business when he went in. And then he tops that even by being a founding member and co-creator of the nWo, arguably the '90s greatest wrestling storyline.

In TNA's case, yeah, there's no denying there was a drop in the quality of matches and feuds when Bischoff and Hogan took over. But there was still that TNA magic there, nonetheless. There was still a great mixture of TNA Originals and Legends. And there was still some great feuds and chemistry going on there (even if Immortal got old fast).

Fast-forward to today's TNA (without Hogan and Bischoff), and the arenas are tiny, the roster is laughable, the few good guys are leaving (even A.J. Styles, who would have thought?), and they are bleeding money. There is NO chemistry between most of the wrestlers. And the feuds often make no sense anymore.

I think the problem in TNA is Dixie. This is in an era when Dixie has no one holding her hand. At first it was Jeff Jarrett guiding her, then Vince Russo, then Hogan and Bischoff. Now she's completely on her own, and it's as clear as the sun in the sky that she has no idea how to run a wrestling company.

Sting, Robert Rhoode, and Austin Aries need to get out before they're reputations are tarnished.

BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 8:58:48 PM

Finished "The History of the WWE" DVD Documentary today. Pretty good. But nothing new here, really.

Well, for the most part. There was a bit of new stuff about the Vince McMahon Sr. era of the WWWF, when the territories were in control. So if you're into the history of that kind of stuff, check this out.

Otherwise, save you're money. You pretty much get what's in here, from "The History of the WWE Championship" DVD Documentary.

jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:37:32 AM

BurningDoom wrote:

Finished "The History of the WWE" DVD Documentary today. Pretty good. But nothing new here, really.

Well, for the most part. There was a bit of new stuff about the Vince McMahon Sr. era of the WWWF, when the territories were in control. So if you're into the history of that kind of stuff, check this out.

Otherwise, save you're money. You pretty much get what's in here, from "The History of the WWE Championship" DVD Documentary.

Thanks for the review. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get this but now the only way I get it is if I find it for $5 somewhere a few years from now.
BruceReville
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:53:36 PM

Best part of the Royal Rumble - the fans letting the WWE know how they feel

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 6:52:34 AM

Reigns was awesome last night at the Rumble. For some reason there was a brief moment there where I thought that they were going to give the win to Reigns instead of going with the obvious in Batista. I think Reigns needs to be given more of the spotlight. It's time to go with a new, young guy instead of bringing back all the guys from the past (New Age Outlaws, Batista, Brock).

Now maybe we will see that Goldust-Rhodes rivalry that fans at wrestling forums wanted a few years ago come true. Storyline wise, they have already shown that Cody Rhodes has no understanding of the "every man for himself" concept given his turn away from Sandow after Money in the Bank last year. And now since they no longer have the titles, after they lose their rematch, they could begin a rivalry that ends at Wrestlemania.

Shock of the night to me (and a highlight too) was Daniel Bryan getting beat by Bray Wyatt. The way that Wyatt was dominating Bryan throughout the match, I just knew that Bryan was going to pull one of those Rock or John Cena moments where they suddenly turn the momentum of the match their way and pull out a victory. Bray Wyatt pinning Bryan made me soooo happy.

Great Rumble. Maybe we can get a decent Raw tonight.
Tamwood
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:46:18 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I was disappointed that the only real "surprise" entrant into the Rumble this year was Kevin Nash. I never really liked him, back when he was actually "good."

Batista was supposed to be a surprise return entrant, but some promo work spoiled his return, so WWE had to go ahead and announce everything. That could have been cool.

I still can't stand the Wyatt family. Bray Wyatt could be a cool character, but he's stuck with the two doofuses (doofi?) in Rowen and Harper. And they really don't seem to have a point. They focus on Kane ... he disappears for a couple weeks ... and comes back as a Corporate Stooge? They focus on Bryan ... he joins for a minute ... and it's back to the status quo? Now they're focusing on Cena ... mostly because everybody expected Cena to beat Orton and they needed a way for Orton to pull off a win.

I was in tears at the reaction to the crowd when Bryan wasn't the 30th entrant in the Rumble. Whether you like him or not, he is one of THE hottest, most popular wrestlers in WWE today.

I really wish they hadn't put a freeze on Dolph Ziggler. Or maybe I wish Ziggler would stop getting hurt so much. He's one of the best wrestlers right now, too. And like Bryan, the fans seem to love him.

---

On another note, I just watched a youtube video os the New Age Outlaws vs. The Rock and Stone Cold. The crowd pops for EVERYBODY was amazing. The Outlaws today are just old, sad ghosts of their past selves. I really think it's pretty sad when they have to dust off a pair of 50-somethings to be their Tag Team Champs. Gone are the days when there were legitimate tag teams.
icarus201
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 5:29:16 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Moving this thread to Sports.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:00:52 PM

Well it seems that CM Punk walked away from the WWE. Some are saying it's a work, others saying it's legit. What do people here think is going on?
BruceReville
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:17:15 PM

I don't think they would do the same work twice Confused

jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:20:05 PM

BruceReville wrote:
I don't think they would do the same work twice Confused

I would hope they wouldn't try pulling the same storyline again, especially so close to the last time they did it.
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:36:24 PM

So Sting vs. Undertaker rumors are swirling again, since Sting was "fired" from TNA recently. Do you guys think it'll happen this time?

Who do you guys think the investor is going to be on TNA tonight? It better be someone big, TNA needs something to reinvigorate them like never before.

BruceReville
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 6:40:56 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
So Sting vs. Undertaker rumors are swirling again, since Sting was "fired" from TNA recently. Do you guys think it'll happen this time?

Who do you guys think the investor is going to be on TNA tonight? It better be someone big, TNA needs something to reinvigorate them like never before.

Latest rumor is that Sting signed a legends contract with the WWE but will be under wraps until after Mania - Undertaker/Lesner is what is rumored for the match for this year

As far as the investor - MVP (Formerly of WWE) is he -- again a lame TNA twist

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 6:41:42 AM

MVP? Really? That is supposed to get me fired up? That was a disappointing end to the show last night. Instead of some big name, we get a guy that hasn't been anywhere for years and that wasn't all that great to begin with. TNA seems to have no idea what they're doing anymore. It's sad really. I want there to be a company that could actually compete with the WWE to make both shows try harder to one up each other, similar to how the WWE vs. WCW thing was with each show putting out a top effort each and every night.
BruceReville
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 9:00:04 AM

Toby Keith and Jeff Jarrett are rumored to be starting their own wrestling organization - rumored that they had a possible starting budget of 250 Million which Kieth is fronting. With that kind of cake they would intend to do something big and not just ROH style but something that could at least make some noise.