Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Movies that made you go "MEH". Options
Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:11:50 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I actually get a kick out of the Conan remake.

Hate almost anything with Jim Carrey in it, so ...

Here's another one: E.T.

And anything by Quentin Tarentino
ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:23:34 PM

Groups: Member

Tamwood wrote:
I actually get a kick out of the Conan remake.

Hate almost anything with Jim Carrey in it, so ...

Here's another one: E.T.

And anything by Quentin Tarentino

I'm with ya on the Conan remake. I actually like it.
I also hate almost anything with Jim Carrey except for Dumb and Dumber, which like another member on here I hated the first time I watched it. But I watched it years later and found it very funny.
But I will have to disagree about all of Tarentino's movies. Pulp Fiction kicks butt.
Speaking of Tarantino one that got a lot of buzz that after watching I had to wonder why was Django Unchained. Minus some of the scenes with Samuel L Jackson arguing with DiCaprio and the whole KKK scene with Don Johnson (that was actually very funny) the movie was sooo boring.

4saken1
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:31:00 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

kisstour03 wrote:
A good example of a movie that I hated the first time around was The Thing (1982). For years I had been told I had to see it. Everything I read about it made it out to sound that if I didn't see this movie my whole life would be incomplete. And all I knew about this movie was that it starred Kurt Russell and was based on the short story "Who Goes There" just like The Thing From another World (1951) which I love. After watching The Thing my reaction was "What the bleep bleepity bleeping bleep is everyone so in love with this for??? Silly" And now that I've seen it a second time and liked it much better I think it was everyone elses gushing over it made me expect a lot more than there was. But Dune still sucks.

My sister and I saw this on in the movie theatre when we were 10 years old. We lived in Iceland at the time, and had to walk home a mile, at night, in the snow after seeing it. Needless to say, the experience elft an impression....

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Shadowdodger
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:51:31 PM

First movie that comes to mind is The Hangover. Everybody said how funny it was. It definitely had some good parts, but no way did it live up to the hype.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
kisstour03
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 1:04:25 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Shadowdodger wrote:
First movie that comes to mind is The Hangover. Everybody said how funny it was. It definitely had some good parts, but no way did it live up to the hype.

I've never seen it. And I get about a 50/50 mix of people who love it and people who say don't bother.
ukblueky
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 4:00:07 PM

kisstour03 wrote:
Shadowdodger wrote:

I've never seen it. And I get about a 50/50 mix of people who love it and people who say don't bother.

I would say watch it. Comedy is very subjective so you may like it but you may not. Myself ,I think its decent just nowhere near the funniest movie I've ever seen.