Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Reported Web Forgery! Options
Atilla2k
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2014 12:07:12 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Atilla2k wrote:
Opinion Central in IE

core.insightexpressai.com/adserver/invites/GetContent.aspx?inviteID=724&&esi=true&banner

Angry

JUST got this 3 more times in the span of 2 seconds!

freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:31:31 AM

Groups: Member

Ok this is gettign to be laughable.

Just got this one

Will double check in bit, but only had ccl open so pretty sure I know where YET another malware popup came from.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:13:36 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
Ok this is gettign to be laughable.

Just got this one

Will double check in bit, but only had ccl open so pretty sure I know where YET another malware popup came from.

Well if it is coming from us, we certainly don't run those on purpose ;) I just showed this to Joe and he's taking a run through the banners to see if it's an ad currently running that we have. Sadly it happens, but we appreciate the community letting us know so we can look into it. Don't forget to private message us this stuff for faster response OR message us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com.

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 10:25:50 AM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

freakdylan wrote:
Oh and I will NOT change my browser
Add a pop up blocker
or any other stupid suggestion management/owners suggest rather then fixing the issue here.

This is just a silly and unsustainable stance to take regarding pop-ups and general internet security.

Do you contact every website you get pop-ups from and demand the same thing with them?

An ad-block browser add-on and a basic malware scanner are practically essential to protecting your computer when surfing the web.

I think it's great to bring the site specific issue up with the CCL web administration as I'm sure they themselves don't appreciate malware being routed through their website, but refusing to protect your computer against these kinds of things is just downright stupid IMO.

I apologize if someone else has already voiced this same opinion, I didn't bother reading through every reply in this thread.

It's like catching a VD from a consenting sexual partner and then blaming them 100% for unknowingly transmitting it to you. It's really up to you to protect yourself against these kinds of things.

Take it from me... I surf a lot of..umm... questionable... websites and my "USB stick" is as clean as a whistle. Anxious

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 7:04:55 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host

SpidermanGeek wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
Add a pop up blocker
or any other stupid suggestion management/owners suggest rather then fixing the issue here.

This is just a silly and unsustainable stance to take regarding pop-ups and general internet security.

Do you contact every website you get pop-ups from and demand the same thing with them?

An ad-block browser add-on and a basic malware scanner are practically essential to protecting your computer when surfing the web.

I think it's great to bring the site specific issue up with the CCL web administration as I'm sure they themselves don't appreciate malware being routed through their website, but refusing to protect your computer against these kinds of things is just downright stupid IMO.

I apologize if someone else has already voiced this same opinion, I didn't bother reading through every reply in this thread.

It's like catching a VD from a consenting sexual partner and then blaming them 100% for unknowingly transmitting it to you. It's really up to you to protect yourself against these kinds of things.

Take it from me... I surf a lot of..umm... questionable... websites and my "USB stick" is as clean as a whistle. Anxious

For a regular website, I'd agree. But this is paid software. If you actually pay for software like this anywhere else it's ad free. I think ads in the freebie version is totally acceptable, but for the paid version it really should be ad-free.

However, I do agree that if you really don't want pop-ups, then why don't you already have a pop-up blocker?

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 7:47:01 PM

SpidermanGeek wrote:

Not when I am paying to use this service. Also my stance was simple if this site promotes malware then I will shop elsewhere. I could care less about regular pop-ups its malware I am complaining about.

SpidermanGeek wrote:

No, again I am complaining about malware, maybe you should read the full post before commenting :)

SpidermanGeek wrote:

I dont use pop-up blockers because I on occasion need those pop-ups. I do use several malware scanners which is how I was alerted a CCL ad was trying to infect my computer.

BurningDoom wrote:

However, I do agree that if you really don't want pop-ups, then why don't you already have a pop-up blocker?

Maybe because I use pop-ups on my own websites? And since I visit my sites daily to make sure they are working correctly I need to see them :) I mean I seriously cant have people leaving my websites before I show them the best webcam girls for FREE Devil

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

SouthernBelle
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 2:40:12 AM

Wave

freakdylan wrote:

This however is different, now the popups are "KNOWN PHISHING" websites.

Add a pop up blocker

So fix the issue or lose a customer.

heyal,

i am just using an important part of your quote

sorry i'm new but had to comment on this quote! found this post while searching for info on malware topic and this topic was in the results...

i'm always disappointed to see or hear users rather computer users that piss and moan about viruses, malware, phishing, scams etc.., and choose to ignore what will help prevent them At Wits' End , i have been working with computers for gosh over 25 years learning from scratch, taking classes and earning degrees now doing many things in the computer arena so i sometimes feel it necessary to .... slap someone on the back of their head and shout at them for being stupid enough not to protect themselves then wonder how it happened! Boo Hoo! don't blame others, take responsibility for your own actions or lack of! dayuuuuuuum!

you have openly admitted that the site was coming up as "phishing" site so WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T YOU USE A POPUP BLOCKER! doesn't mean you have to change your browser but it does mean [if you want to protect all you data ... thats information including banking, purchases, documents you get the idea..right?] that you need to:::

1. find out how secure your browser is and compare it to other browsers!

2. how secure your system and internet security is - check ratings, reviews, problems, and what it will and will NOT do!

3. anti-virus, firewalls, all of it! [which is also a part of #2 above]

4. know what add-in's, plug-in's, and apps you put into your browser! [Personally I contracted 2 redirecting viruses from google chrome and from firefox add-in apps]

#4 is to show you that big companies like that are not reviewing all the add-in's that are being submitted by the developers and offered to the public...

now pop-up blockers don't block all things check the help or support for that browser to see what it will and will NOT block.

don't be a Wall because you think your so special that a company would bend over backwards for you and your ultimatums because sometimes loosing a pain in the ass will not cause a loss of profits when they can gain it elsewhere. when the motto of most businesses are "the customer is always right" well most businesses will try to satisfy the customer but... if customer is never happy well then, they may kindly tell [as professional as they can with patience thin] take your business elsewhere! just sayin!!! oh i do also have a business degree!

there are many means of protection and one thing to REMEMBER is that NOT 1 single program will do everything! if you have a anti-virus you still need a malware detector and cleaner such as malwarebytes it's very good, if you have a malware detector you can also utilize tools for finding root kits... a very dangerous method of infection and most damaging!! there are other tools/utilities out there just so the research! if you have a computer that says [for instance] free internet antivirus installed on your new pc than read it more clearly... it doesn't always include system virus protection! there is a BIG difference. another bit of advice these free anti-virus programs are 99% crippled or not as good as full version. by not having the full protection a purchased software will have. yes one comes to mind AVG its award winning yes but the full version will contain more cleaning options, bigger and more current signature files ... in other words be careful of the short-cuts you take it may cost you more than you ever considered!

being nice, courteous, and informative with valid suggestions can gain you respect, and even an ear to listen to what your suggestions might be. ya know "you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar! you do know what that means right?

good luck and i seriously Pray do mean that and hope you take some of my advice,

thanks,
southern belle

my quote "if your offended then .... maybe you deserve it!"

ps i hope it didn't offend others Whew!
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 8:29:44 AM

yup, the concept of personal responsibility seems to be foreign to most these days.

a lot of the attitudes regarding cyber security that I see around here remind me of the people who complain about having to spend money on auto maintenance - "I put gas in it, I shouldn't have to do anything more!"...

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 9:51:51 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Hi SouthernBelle and welcome to Comic Collector Live!

Wow, thank you for all of the great tips on keeping your computer safe. You sound quite knowledgeable on the subject. Are you into comic books at all?

Hope to see you around!

Howie

The countdown to 1,000 Hero Ratings has begun!

100 to go

I have been working on something exciting to give back to the Incredible CCL Community that has treated me so well these past few years. When I hit the 1,000 Hero threshold I will make an announcement that will leave you flush with anticipation! I have been dropping hints and here is another clue: What do you get when you take the 4th word of a 3 issue Marvel mini-series from 1982 and mash it with an annual Spring event that began 20 years later?

Hall Liquidations

freakdylan
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 10:12:42 AM

SouthernBelle wrote:
Wave

freakdylan wrote:

This however is different, now the popups are "KNOWN PHISHING" websites.

Add a pop up blocker

So fix the issue or lose a customer.

heyal,

i am just using an important part of your quote

sorry i'm new but had to comment on this quote! found this post while searching for info on malware topic and this topic was in the results...

i'm always disappointed to see or hear users rather computer users that piss and moan about viruses, malware, phishing, scams etc.., and choose to ignore what will help prevent them At Wits' End , i have been working with computers for gosh over 25 years learning from scratch, taking classes and earning degrees now doing many things in the computer arena so i sometimes feel it necessary to .... slap someone on the back of their head and shout at them for being stupid enough not to protect themselves then wonder how it happened! Boo Hoo! don't blame others, take responsibility for your own actions or lack of! dayuuuuuuum!

1st off you are pulling one small part of a 6 page discussion to make some stupid point about how much you supposedly know about security, WOO HOO! 2nd you have no clue what you are talking about. 3rd it always amazes me how stupid people can be and how they need a punch in the mouth.

Xylob wrote:
yup, the concept of personal responsibility seems to be foreign to most these days.

a lot of the attitudes regarding cyber security that I see around here remind me of the people who complain about having to spend money on auto maintenance - "I put gas in it, I shouldn't have to do anything more!"...

One of the worst comparisons I have ever heard. This is not like maintaining a car because I cant maintain CCL!

A better analogy would be a person complaining to walmart (CCL) that every time they park in the walmart lot a 3rd party (banner ads) hired by walmart lets all the air out of its customers tires. Walmart is the one doing the damage by hiring crappy 3rd party people who are damaging your car. Now when you complain, some idiot shows up and says hey its not walmarts fault just park 2 miles away and walk!

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Xylob
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 12:10:11 PM

freakdylan wrote:
...One of the worst comparisons I have ever heard. This is not like maintaining a car because I cant maintain CCL!...
when you hit a pot hole and get a flat, you don't try to fix the street, do you?
Nobody expects you to keep the internet safe, pretty much everybody expects YOU to keep YOUR own computer safe.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

freakdylan
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 12:37:04 PM

Xylob wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
...One of the worst comparisons I have ever heard. This is not like maintaining a car because I cant maintain CCL!...
when you hit a pot hole and get a flat, you don't try to fix the street, do you?
Nobody expects you to keep the internet safe, pretty much everybody expects YOU to keep YOUR own computer safe.

It depends is the city hiring 3rd party vendors to dig the pot holes? And if so then no I wouldnt fix the street, but I never said I would. I said I wouldnt change the way I drive, instead I would avoid that street!

So again your analogy sucks and is totally ignoring the fact that CCL had a 3rd party trying to install malware on its users computers. Now sure I could have added a pop up blocker but what about the 1st time CCL browsers? Also if you read this thread you would have seen that pop up blockers didnt help multiple users.

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

freakdylan
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 12:40:14 PM

Also just so nobody can say I am CCL bashing this was resolved, although slowly. This is just in response to some shmoe who read one paragraph and came to some smack in the mouth conclusion. When if he would have read the whole thread instead of spouting off how knowledgeable he is, he would have seen pop up blockers didn't work.

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Xylob
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 1:52:25 PM

freakdylan wrote:
...but what about the 1st time CCL browsers?...
No disagreement on that. The site as a whole has definitely been neglected for quite some time.
It's quite dated and the layout/navigation is a bit clunky. Between that and non-stop ads & pop-ups, I don't think a first-time visitor would be terribly impressed.
An update on when the replacement will debut (or at the very least when beta testing will begin) would be very nice.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

comicscastle
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 3:11:51 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
No disagreement on that. The site as a whole has definitely been neglected for quite some time.
It's quite dated and the layout/navigation is a bit clunky. Between that and non-stop ads & pop-ups, I don't think a first-time visitor would be terribly impressed.
An update on when the replacement will debut (or at the very least when beta testing will begin) would be very nice.
Do you still believe a replacement is coming? I don't.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

freakdylan
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 4:15:41 PM

comicscastle wrote:
Xylob wrote:
freakdylan wrote:

lol, Even though I have been a super doubter I do believe Joe has a new CCL in the works. Sadly though I think it is nothing like what has been discussed in the past (phone calls).

It went from one large group of developers to a single man sitting in a darkened room sucking down cup after cup of coffee.

When this whole new CCL was discussed it was made clear CCL was a secondary site and a core site was being built to sell used games, then a comic selling site would come after.

That has all changed now. So I am sure we will eventually get a new CCL but not so sure it will be improved, just different. Oh and no forums.........

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

CrossbowComics
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 6:22:53 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
Xylob wrote:
freakdylan wrote:

I'm sure the guys upstairs would love to have a new CCL, paying for it is a different story. IMO the plan was to have Coupontagious take off & the profit would pay for a new CCL. If Coupontagious doesn't take off that leads to plan B, which is to become Agents of STALL.

new home for the Treehouse......TreehouseComicShop.com
freakdylan
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2015 7:08:23 PM

CrossbowComics wrote:
leads to plan B, which is to become Agents of STALL.

LMFAO Rolling on the Floor

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics