Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Reported Web Forgery! Options
Atilla2k
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2014 12:07:12 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 10/8/2007
Posts: 1,556
Points: 93,630
Location: NY
Atilla2k wrote:
Opinion Central in IE

core.insightexpressai.com/adserver/invites/GetContent.aspx?inviteID=724&&esi=true&banner

Angry


JUST got this 3 more times in the span of 2 seconds!

freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:31:31 AM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/4/2012
Posts: 878
Points: 6,118
Ok this is gettign to be laughable.

Just got this one



Will double check in bit, but only had ccl open so pretty sure I know where YET another malware popup came from.




Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar


Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics



The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:13:36 AM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 6/7/2007
Posts: 4,825
Points: 127,245
freakdylan wrote:
Ok this is gettign to be laughable.

Just got this one



Will double check in bit, but only had ccl open so pretty sure I know where YET another malware popup came from.



Well if it is coming from us, we certainly don't run those on purpose ;) I just showed this to Joe and he's taking a run through the banners to see if it's an ad currently running that we have. Sadly it happens, but we appreciate the community letting us know so we can look into it. Don't forget to private message us this stuff for faster response OR message us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com.







SpidermanGeek
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 10:25:50 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

Joined: 5/9/2007
Posts: 8,474
Points: 37,373
Location: Orleans, Ontario
freakdylan wrote:
Oh and I will NOT change my browser
Add a pop up blocker
or any other stupid suggestion management/owners suggest rather then fixing the issue here.


This is just a silly and unsustainable stance to take regarding pop-ups and general internet security.

Do you contact every website you get pop-ups from and demand the same thing with them?

An ad-block browser add-on and a basic malware scanner are practically essential to protecting your computer when surfing the web.

I think it's great to bring the site specific issue up with the CCL web administration as I'm sure they themselves don't appreciate malware being routed through their website, but refusing to protect your computer against these kinds of things is just downright stupid IMO.

I apologize if someone else has already voiced this same opinion, I didn't bother reading through every reply in this thread.


It's like catching a VD from a consenting sexual partner and then blaming them 100% for unknowingly transmitting it to you. It's really up to you to protect yourself against these kinds of things.

Take it from me... I surf a lot of..umm... questionable... websites and my "USB stick" is as clean as a whistle. Anxious



Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 7:04:55 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,456
Points: 60,051
Location: Redding, CA
SpidermanGeek wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
Oh and I will NOT change my browser
Add a pop up blocker
or any other stupid suggestion management/owners suggest rather then fixing the issue here.


This is just a silly and unsustainable stance to take regarding pop-ups and general internet security.

Do you contact every website you get pop-ups from and demand the same thing with them?

An ad-block browser add-on and a basic malware scanner are practically essential to protecting your computer when surfing the web.

I think it's great to bring the site specific issue up with the CCL web administration as I'm sure they themselves don't appreciate malware being routed through their website, but refusing to protect your computer against these kinds of things is just downright stupid IMO.

I apologize if someone else has already voiced this same opinion, I didn't bother reading through every reply in this thread.


It's like catching a VD from a consenting sexual partner and then blaming them 100% for unknowingly transmitting it to you. It's really up to you to protect yourself against these kinds of things.

Take it from me... I surf a lot of..umm... questionable... websites and my "USB stick" is as clean as a whistle. Anxious


For a regular website, I'd agree. But this is paid software. If you actually pay for software like this anywhere else it's ad free. I think ads in the freebie version is totally acceptable, but for the paid version it really should be ad-free.

However, I do agree that if you really don't want pop-ups, then why don't you already have a pop-up blocker?

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 7:47:01 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/4/2012
Posts: 878
Points: 6,118
SpidermanGeek wrote:

This is just a silly and unsustainable stance to take regarding pop-ups and general internet security.


Not when I am paying to use this service. Also my stance was simple if this site promotes malware then I will shop elsewhere. I could care less about regular pop-ups its malware I am complaining about.

SpidermanGeek wrote:
Do you contact every website you get pop-ups from and demand the same thing with them?


No, again I am complaining about malware, maybe you should read the full post before commenting :)

SpidermanGeek wrote:
An ad-block browser add-on and a basic malware scanner are practically essential to protecting your computer when surfing the web.


I dont use pop-up blockers because I on occasion need those pop-ups. I do use several malware scanners which is how I was alerted a CCL ad was trying to infect my computer.

BurningDoom wrote:

However, I do agree that if you really don't want pop-ups, then why don't you already have a pop-up blocker?


Maybe because I use pop-ups on my own websites? And since I visit my sites daily to make sure they are working correctly I need to see them :) I mean I seriously cant have people leaving my websites before I show them the best webcam girls for FREE Devil



Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar


Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics



Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.237 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241