Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
November CCL Conference Call Date and Time! Options
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:57:15 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that our next scheduled conference call has now been scheduled on our calendar:

The next CCL CONFERENCE CALL will be held on Sunday, November 17th, 2013 at 3pm Central Time.

Joe Butler (CEO and creator of CCL) as well as myself will be on the call, which depending on the number of questions, should last about an hour. If you would like to be in on the call, simply PM me or Joe OR shoot us an email at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com and we'll send you the call information.

Joe has invited you to post questions here in this thread that will be answered on the call. We might not have time to answer them ALL, but we will try.

A few requests:

1) Please keep your questions relevant to the website and not our company. Joe is usually good about discussing some aspects involving what we do beyond CCL, but try to stay focused on the subject of Comic Collector Live.

2) Please do not post personal comments or attacks in this thread. CCL has the right to enforce our Forum Rules in this regards. We understand frustrations with lack of updates, attention, etc...however we're making attempts to keep you more informed of our direction. We are moving forward (not backwards) and we invite you along. If you want to post a question in regards to a concern or problem with CCL, that's fine and what we welcome. If you're posting only to say you won't be joining us on the call because we suck or (FILL IN THE BLANK)...? Well, I'll ban you to the moon. That's a joke, folks. More like to the LaGrange point ;)

3) If someone posts a question exactly like yours, there's no need to post the same question twice. Just "+1" it and feel free to ask another question.

I really appreciate everyone who participated in our last conference call and I hope you'll take the time to be a part of this one. Our goal in these conference calls is to make everyone aware of what we're doing here at CCL that you do see and what you don't.

Thanks again!

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Spider-Man
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:56:05 PM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

3PM Central or Eastern Time Zone?

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:34:55 PM

Shop at My Store

Spider-Man wrote:
3PM Central or Eastern Time Zone?

My apologies - 3pm CT.

Updated.

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:52:40 AM

Shop at My Store

Thanks to those that are messaging me for information about the call! I will be sending out the information next week to everyone.

Joe
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:56:18 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

Looking forward to this call!

I want to thank all of the Comic Fans who were on the last call for their courtesy and time. People used their mute buttons wisely, and the call was clear for everyone.

On this call we will be updating on the progress of the project, as well as going over questions. Should be very informative.

Thanks again, and we'll talk soon!

JB

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 8:44:33 AM

Groups: Member

Not sure I am going to make the call as going to be out of town but do have some questions.

1st let me apologize as this is going to be long, and I tend to get off topic, lol.

? #1 Joe are you going to hold your staff or employees accountable for what you pay them for? For example if Steve is paid out of the CCL Online stores revenue will he be required to earn that money or spend 8 hours a day working a comic store? This leads to 2nd question

#2 Are you going to keep the different businesses separate as far as money goes? So if CCL Online makes a profit will that money go towards CCL Online future updates, advertising etc or will it go to pay for other businesses that arent making a profit?

#3 Are you going to stop spending money on suspect forms of advertising? On the recent phone call it was mentioned that the only advertising would be between sites and more comic covers. While the 1st one is just ok (but free) the 2nd is a giant waste of money. Store cover variants arent collected by the masses and will never be picked up by some random guy leading them to CCL. They are simply for those completist who want every cover,and based on the covers CCL uses I seriously doubt they have more then 2 completists. Wouldnt it be better to use that money doing something else.

Ok the reason I am curious about those 3 questions is because Joe recently made a few statements that have left me baffled. Joe recently stated that the NEW sites are being funded by Golo Media because CCL Online doesnt make enough to fund it? So where did all CCL monies go? CCL makes about $2200+ a month and hosting costs what $450 tops, lets just say $700 high range for super hosting from Gear. That leaves $1500 profit a month, with zero updates or advertising for 4 years thats a surplus of $72000. So if that money isnt being spent on CCL updates or advertising then assuming it must be going towards paying for staff? Well as per question #1 why are you paying staff who dont even visit the site for 6 months, do zero advertising etc?

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Joe
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 9:57:48 AM

freakdylan wrote:
Not sure I am going to make the call as going to be out of town but do have some questions.

1st let me apologize as this is going to be long, and I tend to get off topic, lol.

? #1 Joe are you going to hold your staff or employees accountable for what you pay them for? For example if Steve is paid out of the CCL Online stores revenue will he be required to earn that money or spend 8 hours a day working a comic store? This leads to 2nd question

#2 Are you going to keep the different businesses separate as far as money goes? So if CCL Online makes a profit will that money go towards CCL Online future updates, advertising etc or will it go to pay for other businesses that arent making a profit?

#3 Are you going to stop spending money on suspect forms of advertising? On the recent phone call it was mentioned that the only advertising would be between sites and more comic covers. While the 1st one is just ok (but free) the 2nd is a giant waste of money. Store cover variants arent collected by the masses and will never be picked up by some random guy leading them to CCL. They are simply for those completist who want every cover,and based on the covers CCL uses I seriously doubt they have more then 2 completists. Wouldnt it be better to use that money doing something else.

Ok the reason I am curious about those 3 questions is because Joe recently made a few statements that have left me baffled. Joe recently stated that the NEW sites are being funded by Golo Media because CCL Online doesnt make enough to fund it? So where did all CCL monies go? CCL makes about $2200+ a month and hosting costs what $450 tops, lets just say $700 high range for super hosting from Gear. That leaves $1500 profit a month, with zero updates or advertising for 4 years thats a surplus of $72000. So if that money isnt being spent on CCL updates or advertising then assuming it must be going towards paying for staff? Well as per question #1 why are you paying staff who dont even visit the site for 6 months, do zero advertising etc?

I have no problems discussing our expenses on the call but I have to address your expense estimating. Keep in mind that we need... Microsoft licensing for everything. We have redundant SQL servers each with multiple processors, and maxed out on RAM and connected to a very large capacity storage that is a high end dedicated SAN solution. Redundant web servers. Redundant storage for images. Mail server. Hourly and daily back up systems for catastrophic failure. bandwidth charges. Maintenance plans. Team Foundation server for development. Development servers. Accounting servers. Not to mention our local in office connections, laptops, and servers. Software licensing for development software like visual studio, redgate, and more.

CCL is not a simple website. It is the most complex system we have, and it is not cheap to run it. The costs to maintain the infrastructure (hardware, software, upgrades, and maintenance) are more than 4 times your high end number. This site services a large community, so we don't scrimp on the infrastructure.

I'll address this more in the conference call if you are interested.

Please, though. save the discussion for the conference call. I don't want to discuss our budget with the entire world.

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 10:35:23 AM

Joe wrote:

I have no problems discussing our expenses on the call but I have to address your expense estimating. Keep in mind that we need... Microsoft licensing for everything. We have redundant SQL servers each with multiple processors, and maxed out on RAM and connected to a very large capacity storage that is a high end dedicated SAN solution. Redundant web servers. Redundant storage for images. Mail server. Hourly and daily back up systems for catastrophic failure. bandwidth charges. Maintenance plans. Team Foundation server for development. Development servers. Accounting servers. Not to mention our local in office connections, laptops, and servers.

Sounds like overkill,lol

Joe wrote:
Software licensing for development software like visual studio, redgate, and more.

New question to be added to above:

Why would you would be paying for development software for 5 years with zero updates?[/quote]

Joe wrote:
I'll address this more in the conference call if you are interested.

Please, though. save the discussion for the conference call. I don't want to discuss our budget with the entire world.

Was just getting you guys ready for questions, lol, Steve said to post questions here.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

43rdStreetComicBooks
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 7:34:53 PM

I'll definitely make sure Im there for the whole call this time but I do have a question(s) left over from first one.

1) With multiple sites are store owners(with multiple subs on different sites) going to be able to sign into them all through one portal or will we have to sign into each individual one seperately to manage, ship, update and etc?

2) Also with multiple sites are customers going to be able to shop/buy from us(all of our inventory comics, cards, toys etc) once they enter our store no matter which site they find us on? or will they have to go to each individual site to get toys or comics or etc?

Just wondering as I already maintain multiple accounts/sites CCL, CardShark.com, 1 EBay anchor store and 5 other EBay accounts(clearing these out as my listings are now high enough to do away with them) and quite honestly dont want to have to deal with many more. And Im sure customers would prefer to be able to get everything in one place rather then having to jump to multiple sites.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convince the world he didn't exist"

www.43rdstreetmtgcards.com

www.43rdstreetcomicbooks.com

scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 8:03:24 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

43rdStreetComicBooks wrote:
I'll definitely make sure Im there for the whole call this time but I do have a question(s) left over from first one.

1) With multiple sites are store owners(with multiple subs on different sites) going to be able to sign into them all through one portal or will we have to sign into each individual one seperately to manage, ship, update and etc?

2) Also with multiple sites are customers going to be able to shop/buy from us(all of our inventory comics, cards, toys etc) once they enter our store no matter which site they find us on? or will they have to go to each individual site to get toys or comics or etc?

Just wondering as I already maintain multiple accounts/sites CCL, CardShark.com, 1 EBay anchor store and 5 other EBay accounts(clearing these out as my listings are now high enough to do away with them) and quite honestly dont want to have to deal with many more. And Im sure customers would prefer to be able to get everything in one place rather then having to jump to multiple sites.

+1

Same basic question from a collector standpoint - will 1 account cover the varied sites (Comics, cards, action figures) for collecting? I sure hope so because that will be miserable if I've got to have multiple ID's for multiple databases and subscriptions.

teh_longinator
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 8:06:47 PM

43rdStreetComicBooks wrote:

1) If a store owner wants to be on multiple sites, will they need to pay multiple subscription fees? Or are all the sites going to work on one subscription?

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2013 9:04:22 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make today's Conference Call due to a prior commitment. If someone can address this question raised in the following thread (short, only 8 posts) I would be grateful. Home Page Options

Also, if someone can communicate with me afterwards via PM about the talking points that would be super cool.

Thanks!
Howie

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Joe
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:43:04 AM

OK, I am ready for the conference call. Please don't post any more questions here, just ask them on the call. I have just finished up my prep for the call.

Talk to you all soon! And thanks for taking some time to be on the call. Appreciate it.

JB

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2013 9:52:08 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Sorry I didn't make it. It was totally my fault for not paying attention to the calendar. I saw the thread today like an hour and half before hand and it reminded me, so I tried to ask for the number, but by the time I got the reply it was too late. But I have it for next time.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 8:53:32 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I think it's time for a new Conference Call. I am interested in hearing about the progress that has been made and any additional information that may be pertinent.

On the Phone

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Xylob
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 9:26:19 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Hear hear!

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 11:03:05 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Yeah +1! Weren't these calls supposed to be monthly anyway?

AlacrityFitzhugh
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 1:48:34 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I think it's time for a new Conference Call. I am interested in hearing about the progress that has been made and any additional information that may be pertinent.

On the Phone

Forget the frelling conference calls. It's time for PUBLIC information.

-- Alacrity