b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 5:30:51 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Seems like who ever gets the belt in TNA they have to turn them bad
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 5:54:24 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

BruceReville wrote:
Toby Keith and Jeff Jarrett are rumored to be starting their own wrestling organization - rumored that they had a possible starting budget of 250 Million which Kieth is fronting. With that kind of cake they would intend to do something big and not just ROH style but something that could at least make some noise.

Let's hope. But the Tobey Keith name really has me worried. I think they are going to go into it with the idea to cater to the country/Southern crowd. While I like that style of wrestling, per se, I don't like the Country-Western look or music. And with Tobey Keith there, I'm sure there will be a lot of that.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 12:46:05 PM

I know he's old and as a result he's not gonna be giving us any in-ring performances. But damn, it's still the freaking Hulkster! And now The Undertaker, too! Plus it's now the first week in the WrestleMania PPV period, so things should really ramp up tonight.

Is anyone else as excited for Raw this week as I am?

Tamwood
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 1:53:59 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

That's right. It is about time to dust off Undertaker's corpse and prop him up for another WrestleMania victory over a superior opponent.
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:09:58 PM

Superior? In the WWE today? Compared to the career Undertaker had? Who?

There's rumors of Sting having signed with WWE, and Kurt Angle looking to get back into WWE. So who knows what else we'll see before WrestleMania.

kidlippy
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:55:03 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

"/>

Have you seen what the Undertaker looks like now?

I can't wait to see Hogan back in the WWE where belongs. I remember watching him 30 years ago! And of course the legend of Undertaker.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

Tamwood
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 5:16:14 AM

Yes, there are, at this point in time, many wrestlers who are superior to the Undertaker in ring skills. I haven't been especially impressed by Taker's ring skills for a long time. That whole Biker persona pretty much killed him for me.

Classic 'Taker, now, was awesome. But that's 20+ years ago now, and at 49, 'Taker just doesn't have anything left. He needs to either retire undefeated, or take the loss and retire. Hell, for 11 months out of the year, he already is retired.
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 6:47:27 AM

The Raw following the Elimination Chamber is usually a pretty good show and I am excited to see what is going to happen tonight.

I love the Undertaker and even when I know that he is coming, I still mark out when his music hits. The last few weeks, every time that the lights have gone out for the Wyatts, I have felt a little surge hoping that it's the Undertaker. Though he will always be my favorite wrestler, I do think that his last few matches haven't been that great. It seems that ever since his Wrestlemania 27 match in Atlanta against HHH, he has lost a step.

I kinda wish that he would fully retire, he's gone 11 months out of the year anyway so it wouldn't be a shock to the show if he's gone completely. I definitely want him to retire undefeated at Wrestlemania though. If HBK lost twice to Taker at Mania, then no one deserves to beat him. I think that it would be bad for business to have Taker lose now that they have let the streak become such a big deal and now anyone that beats him now would get "X-Pac heat", instead of heel heat.

My thoughts on Hogan coming back: Looking at wrestling fan forums the last few years I have seen countless people trashing TNA for having Hogan on their show and how he was ruining their product. I am betting that the next few weeks will see many of those same people going nuts over Hogan and talking about how great he is. For me, since he is in no shape to truly wrestle, I don't really want to see him back. I am predicting that they pair him up with some current wrestler in a tag match and they let Hogan do his leg drop and get the pin. It will be this year's random celebrity match where the non-wrestler beats some random heel wrestler.
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 7:00:15 AM

Daniel Bryan gets cheated again at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. This is only going to make the Yes annoyance worse. Granted, this is probably what the writers are shooting for to further build the "overcoming the odds" type angle for Bryan.

While I personally can't stand Daniel Bryan, mostly due to the constant chanting for him by trolls in the crowd during random matches that he's not involved, I would like for him to lose cleanly for once. He's getting to be like John Cena where the only way that you will beat him is by cheating. No matter how badly you beat him down, he will somehow get the momentum and win.

And one more thing: Does anyone else want to super kick Michael Cole for how much of a fanboy he has become for Daniel Bryan? Not too long ago he was constantly ripping on him and calling him all sorts of names, now he is in love with him. I know what he says is scripted but for someone's opinion of a wrestler to change that much, to me, is akin to an Auburn fan suddenly becoming a Alabama fan or a Red Sox fan cheering for the Yankees. It is just too big of a change in one's opinions to be remotely believable.
kidlippy
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 1:10:02 PM

jbeeman85 wrote:

My thoughts on Hogan coming back: Looking at wrestling fan forums the last few years I have seen countless people trashing TNA for having Hogan on their show and how he was ruining their product. I am betting that the next few weeks will see many of those same people going nuts over Hogan and talking about how great he is. For me, since he is in no shape to truly wrestle, I don't really want to see him back. I am predicting that they pair him up with some current wrestler in a tag match and they let Hogan do his leg drop and get the pin. It will be this year's random celebrity match where the non-wrestler beats some random heel wrestler.

Going by a rumor, Hogan failed a physical test so I doubt he will wrestle. I think he'll just come in and do his "Whatcha gonna do..." routine. Maybe get in the face of a few heels. But that's about it.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 8:06:52 PM

So, what does everyone think of the WWE Network? Launched today, 7-Day Free Trial.

So, what does everyone think of the WWE Network? Launched today, 7-Day Free Trial.

I was hoping for entire seasons of Raw, Smackdown, Nitro, and Thunder to watch. Not at all. While the PPVs selection is SUPERB, I want to see everything leading up to those PPVs, as well, as the storylines were intended to be seen.

There are HUGE holes in the Raw selection. And absolutely zero Nitro and Thunders.

For now, I'm content to continue growing my wrestling DVD collection.

When they add the seasons I want, then I'll give them my 6 month commitment, because then I'll be able to watch something not available elsewhere and it'll be worth my $60. Until then, I'll watch some old PPVs for the next 6 days.

Kreyalis
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 9:52:46 PM

Groups: Member

Haven't been here in a while but, the Network is alright so far had a hard time getting it to work at all once I got home from work. The nitro/thunders are going to be added later they said. I guess once they get the network stable and after mania season i'd assume is when we'll see a lot more of the stuff that is missing.
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 10:18:16 PM

I'm really hoping the buffering issues get fixed. I tried watching WCW Hog Wild '96, and I gave up in frustration after it got stuck 4 different times during the opening match. It's not on my end. I can still watch all the videos I subscribe to on YouTube and DailyMotion without such issues.

jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:54:20 AM

I haven't tried the WWE network yet but it is my understanding that the network started running more and more smoothly as the day went on. Thankfully they decided to start the network a few weeks prior to Wrestlemania seeing as they had buffering issues, it gives them time to work out the kinks before the biggest show of the year. I plan on waiting to order the network until the week prior to Wrestlemania so that my 6 month commitment, assuming I am looking at the schedule correctly, gets me one more pay per view than I would get if I ordered today.

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:55:56 PM

You want to see a helluva WRESTLING match? Watch Chris Benoit vs. Dean Malenko at WCW Hog Wild '96. Freaking amazing! It's on WWE Network (7-day free trial). And I'm not getting anymore freezes or hiccups, today.

b0bafett
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:02:56 PM

Is it me or is wwe doing a tna in hiring all the old farts
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 12:15:15 AM

b0bafett wrote:
Is it me or is wwe doing a tna in hiring all the old farts

Hogan isn't actually wrestling, he's hosting WrestleMania. And Undertaker was never let go of to be hired. He's just still there. Other than those two, who else is an old fart?

Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:01:13 AM

Rumour has it Sting has been signed to a legends contract ... he's definitely an old fart. Dutch Mantell is an old fart, who thankfully isn't wrestling. Batista is washed up, as are the Old Age Outlaws, but they're still wrestling.

There are so many things wrong with the WWE right now, and I think the largest part of the problem is lack of competition. TNA is all there is, and they basically just re-hashed the nWo crap from the WCW days.

The Tag Team Division is a shambles. Cody Rhodes and (old fart alert!) Goldust were alright, but Goldust has never been great. Cody Rhodes could be a great singles wrestler with a good push.

The current champions are the Old Age Outlaws, who only have the belts because a) they're Triple H's buddies and b) SOMEBODY had to have the belts to lose them to the Uso's. GD/Cody were face, the Uso's are face so somebody had to be the placeholder.

The Shield COULD BE a great tag team, but they're splintering the wrong way. Roman Reigns needs to be a singles wrestler, but they've got the US title on Ambrose, and he's already the splintering point for the group, so if there's a tag team to be had there, it's probably going to be Reigns and Rollins, instead of Rollins and Ambrose.

I can't stand the Wyatts. The two big doofuses (doofi?) may be big and they may be able to throw people around the ring, but there's no wrestling ability there.

The Women's Division is also terrible. There's potential, but this is one place where they really need to let the ladies take their cues from the other companies. I've seen some REALLY good women's matches on Youtube, some of them even starring current "Divas." A.J. has a great submission move, and this newcomer Emma has an awesome submission move.

But the women are always put into stupid storylines where they're girlfriends or what-ever. Emma can't just be a women's wrestler, she has to be Santino Marella's girlfriend, and have a schtick where she can't dance -- 'cause of course, she's feuding with Summer Rae, who has to be the dancing partner/girlfriend of Fandango.

The announcers are horrible. I don't know exactly how much of what they say is scripted, and how much they just make up following basic storylines, but... Lawler is horrible. The term "hokey pokey" just ruined Emma's credibility this past weekend. I almost think I preferred his old "puppies" schtick. And for God's sake ... Winnie the Pooh's friend IGOR?

I miss Tony Shiavone and Jim Ross.
b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:53:34 AM

Yes some aren't going to be wrestling but they will get t.v. time
Like Mon. night & the next ppv
you will see
Hulk
Ric Flair
Maybe Sting
Undertaker
Triple HHH
Batista
Old Age Outlaws
Ultimate Warrior is supposed to be back for 1 more match
Stacey Keibler even though this might not be a bad thing
jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:10:05 AM

It stinks that WWE feels the need to bring back older guys to draw pay per view buys. I guess they have always done similar things in the past but I have noticed it much more the last few years than I did in the 90s.

That being said, I still mark out anytime the Undertaker is on TV despite him having lost a step the last few years. And I know that officially Taker isn't being "brought back" like Hogan or Flair.