Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » RIP Harold Ramis
Thundercron
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:37:31 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Location: Redland, Oregon
Joined: 9/14/2008 | Posts: 3,359 | Points: 39,432
Shop at My Store
Just about fell out of my chair when I saw this tonight:

http://www.today.com/entertainment/harold-ramis-ghostbusters-star-dead-69-2D12156583

Harold Ramis dead at 69. Just...wow. He was a fixture of my childhood by appearing in great films like Ghostbusters and Stripes. But it's only been in recent years that I've realized he directed many other favorites (Vacation, Groundhog Day, Caddyshack), and also wrote others (Animal House, Meatballs).

A shame that we never got to see the personal rift between Ramis and Bill Murray resolved after the Groundhog Day problems.

And I guess Ghostubsters 3 is now officially dead. Leave it alone, I say.
kidlippy
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:27:55 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 51,190
I agree. I was shocked when I read about his passing early yesterday. Also wasn't aware of all his work as director and writer.

Any possibility of a Ghostbusters 3 should end. Don't need it now.
crackerjack1
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 9:07:44 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Location: Boston, MA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 2,502 | Points: 1,789,940
Thundercron wrote:
A shame that we never got to see the personal rift between Ramis and Bill Murray resolved after the Groundhog Day problems.


Supposedly Murray did reconcile with him before he passed away.
Thundercron
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:58:20 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Location: Redland, Oregon
Joined: 9/14/2008 | Posts: 3,359 | Points: 39,432
Shop at My Store
crackerjack1 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
A shame that we never got to see the personal rift between Ramis and Bill Murray resolved after the Groundhog Day problems.


Supposedly Murray did reconcile with him before he passed away.


I haven't heard that news, of course if it was done privately then I guess it's not our business. But I sure hope they did patch things up.
KingZombie
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:28:45 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Joined: 4/14/2007 | Posts: 4,543 | Points: 90,058
This news shocked and saddened me as well. I'm a huge fan of his work, be it acting, directing or writing. I even loved Year One (his last movie, I'm the only one I know who's seen it and likes it.)

He was a true legend in the comedy world.
rook68
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:40:25 AM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member
Location: San Diego, CA
Joined: 11/27/2009 | Posts: 609 | Points: 1,827
Yeah. Sucks that he died. Stripes and Ghostbusters are classics. Didn't know him and Bill Murray were on the outs. Sad stuff.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson


Thundercron
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 12:13:22 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Location: Redland, Oregon
Joined: 9/14/2008 | Posts: 3,359 | Points: 39,432
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
crackerjack1 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
A shame that we never got to see the personal rift between Ramis and Bill Murray resolved after the Groundhog Day problems.


Supposedly Murray did reconcile with him before he passed away.


I haven't heard that news, of course if it was done privately then I guess it's not our business. But I sure hope they did patch things up.


Well, I hope it's true. Still sad to see former friends lose so many years over what is, at the end of the day, trivial stuff. Life's too short.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=854589&ocid=Outbrain=obinsite
outcast
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 6:28:28 AM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host
Joined: 7/28/2012 | Posts: 536 | Points: 2,196
Murray had kind (if not completely logical) words for Ramis when Murray presented the Academy Award for cinematography Sunday night. I understood it as Murray wanting to publicly affirm their reconciliation.
Thundercron
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 1:46:18 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Location: Redland, Oregon
Joined: 9/14/2008 | Posts: 3,359 | Points: 39,432
Shop at My Store
outcast wrote:
Murray had kind (if not completely logical) words for Ramis when Murray presented the Academy Award for cinematography Sunday night. I understood it as Murray wanting to publicly affirm their reconciliation.


I usually like the awards shows, but I missed the Oscars. Do you know if I a can watch any of it online anywhere?
outcast
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:14:48 PM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host
Joined: 7/28/2012 | Posts: 536 | Points: 2,196
YouTube?

Other than that, I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to look.
Thundercron
Wednesday, March 05, 2014 11:21:22 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Location: Redland, Oregon
Joined: 9/14/2008 | Posts: 3,359 | Points: 39,432
Shop at My Store
outcast wrote:
YouTube?

Other than that, I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to look.


Yeah, I found a clip there. The fact that Murray mentioned Groundhog Dog (the film that led to the rift) says a lot.
Users browsing this topic
Guest

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.198 seconds.
(0.076 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241