Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who wins in a Death Match on Shield Hellicarrier (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) 5 50%
Captain America (Steve Rodgers) 5 50%

Round 5 of Comic Clints SuperHeroe Showdown Exhibition Giveaway DEATH MATCH Options
icarus201
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 6:56:08 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Khaine wrote:
I don't want to quote thru that picture

You mean this one?

Khaine wrote:
You can reference away in comics there is probably a dozen more probably a thousand more where either one has been beaten down a thousand different ways its to sell comics and would be very boring if every issue green lantern went from page to page like a buzzsaw.

You might be getting ahead of yourself a bit. I don't know if you've ever been involved in the SHS, DCIC or CoC's that we've had before, but this a game. Primarily for everyone to have fun in. There have been those who have tried to derail that ideal. Don't over-analyze things or get too emotionally involved is my advice.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
icarus201
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 6:57:35 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Khaine wrote:
"Ah, that old chestnut again; "The writer didn't understand the character." It happened in a comic, so it's canon. Hold, on I'm wrong - This was pre-Infinite Crisis, pre-Final Crisis, pre-Flashback, pre-New 52 Universe. So I guess it never happened. Relax. Panic over. I knew you DC-Heads would get offended by the thought that your golden boy Hal might get beaten by someone with no special powers. You all deserve.....THIS!"

It's not that you have Darth Vader vs. a ewok and your pretty much saying that the ewok is going to win 51 out of 100 times because it has mad spear skills.

It is an unfair contest GL's are pretty much the ultimate power in the DC universe, there whole function is an intergalatic police corp that is powerful enough to stop any super bad guy that threatens the galaxy. And they are picked from the single best canidate from that sector which encompasses trillions of "people".

GL's need opponents that were designed with similar purpose. Phoenix, Magneto, Thor, etc..

See my above response.

Khaine
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 7:23:09 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

"You mean this one?"

any of them it just makes for a huge post.
Khaine
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 7:26:17 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

"You might be getting ahead of yourself a bit. I don't know if you've ever been involved in the SHS, DCIC or CoC's that we've had before, but this a game. Primarily for everyone to have fun in. There have been those who have tried to derail that ideal. Don't over-analyze things or get too emotionally involved is my advice."

understood, i just see you argueing for the sake of argueing with the no other point than ruffling feathers.

so I'll stand down. Sad
icarus201
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 8:43:41 AM

Khaine wrote:

understood, i just see you argueing for the sake of argueing with the no other point than ruffling feathers.

so I'll stand down. Sad

Look, I think I better refer you to the official rules of the competition so that we all understand how everything works on here.

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=37222

Oh, and....

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 10:32:56 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

icarus201 wrote:
this a game. Primarily for everyone to have fun in.

Hells Yeah! It's only comic book characters after all. We could always argue about less controversial things like politics, religion, capital punishment, abortion, foreign policy, etc.! Laughing

But seriously though, at first I thought it was an easy GL victory. I love Captain America but he just seems to be completely out of his power class. Green Lanterns (Hal in particular) have unimaginable power literally at their fingertips and are only hampered by their own limitations.

Cap has certainly held his own against, if not defeated, numerous adversaries that were way more powerful then he.

Example: Korvac

Michael Korvac was a being with god-like abilities who had basically just wiped out both the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy, including Thor, Iron Man, Star-Lord, Vision - single handedly, no less. And then Cap did this:

Granted, he did lose in the last panel but what if Korvac had been wearing a removable ring that gave him his powers?

Not to take anything away from Hal Jordan but Steve Rogers indomitable will has helped him go toe-to-toe with many opponents who were more powerful including Cosmic level foes like Thanos, Ultron, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man and a certain Dr. Victor von Doom who had usurped the power of the Beyonder in Secret Wars.

I think the Wild Card here was the choice of location. (Very clever, Clint!) It is my belief that Cap will definitely use this to his advantage. Sure, Hal can scan it with his ring but for Cap it is his home field. My guess is that he would be able to lure Hal to a spot where he has access to more sophisticated means to incapacitate a Green Lantern. I'm sure S.H.I.E.L.D. has a few thingies lying around that Steve could pick up and utilize. Anyone remember the Zodiac Key?

There's probably at least a dozen such objects at hand.

After mulling it over, I think that I am going with Captain America. If it was in a different environment then I would probably feel differently.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

comic clint
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 4:51:20 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

moonknight wrote:
I think the Wild Card here was the choice of location. (Very clever, Clint!)
Big Grin

THE PRECIOUS PRESENT IS A GREAT BOOK THAT YOU SHOULD READ SOMEDAY SOON
-clint
ukblueky
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 7:11:17 PM

Groups: Member

I've already casted my vote and I still think GL will beat Cap 95% of the time. But there is one argument that the Cap supporters haven't used that is a very plausible reason on how Cap could win. If there is anyone in the Marvel U with the willpower to wield a green ring its Steve Rogers. Cap could have a test of wills with Hal and possibly beat him thus taking ownership of the ring. It's a stretch but its the only way I see Cap beating Hal.

comic clint
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 12:49:53 AM

locked in a tie--- where are the TROLLS?

-clint
comic clint
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 2:30:42 AM

hmmm--- what to do

-clint