Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
CR Request - New Character - Battle Ravage Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 10:41:25 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I have an open CR for adding a new character to the DB: specifically this link here.

I have the utmost respect for the Approvers and will abide by their decision. I would like to present my case for the inclusion of the new character - Battle Ravage.

Currently in the data base there is a transformer called Ravage.

Ravage

This character is a Predacon which transforms from jaguar to cassette tape. He is very intelligent, cunning and articulate.

The new character I am proposing is called "Battle Ravage" and shares some similarities with Ravage but appears to me to be a separate character.

Battle Ravage

Battle Ravage here are simply mindless drones in the Terrorcon sub-class employed en masse to wear down opposition and absorb Energon.

Both characters have a cat-like form but the original Ravage is an individual entity while the Battle Ravage Drones are cannon fodder, shock troop types.

The most definitive evidence that I have found confirming these are two different entities is here.

I will respect your decision.

Thank you for taking the time to look through this.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

padreglcc
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 11:26:13 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

I'm wondering if this shouldn't be "Battle Ravage Drone(s)" instead of just "Battle Ravage".

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 11:28:00 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

I say yes - Ravage and Battle Ravage are two completely different characters from what I can find.

And yes to adding Drone(s) to the name

Tamwood
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 2:44:56 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Agreed
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 2:45:07 PM

Shop at My Store

If adding "Drone(s)" to the entry is the consensus then that's fine with me.

Please let me know if that is what I should do.

Thank you for your input!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 3:09:11 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

One more vote here for "Battle Ravage Drone(s)".

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
comicscastle
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 3:47:04 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

I know nothing about these characters, but I was wondering if Battle Ravage is a specific character or is it just one of the drones. Should there be two listings? One for Battle Ravage and another for the drones?

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 4:19:38 PM

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
I know nothing about these characters, but I was wondering if Battle Ravage is a specific character or is it just one of the drones. Should there be two listings? One for Battle Ravage and another for the drones?

This is what Transformers Wiki says:

"Battle Ravage is as his name suggests: a cold, heartless killing machine who will rip apart his enemies in battle with claw and tooth.

Sometimes there are lots of him."

And this is from Wikipedia:

"In the Dreamwave Productions Transformers: Energon comic book series, Battle Ravage was a singular entity, a Decepticon who soon tired of the peace on Cybertron following the Autobot/Decepticon alliance that formed in the wake of the Unicron Battles. He knows no emotion save the thrill of the hunt, and cannot be distracted from his objective when on the prowl. He has an unquenchable thirst for energon, and is a highly skilled tracker, although his single-minded focus while doing so is often detrimental, leading him to charge into enemy territory without realizing it.

Approached by Scorponok to join his rebel squad, Battle Ravage accepted, and the group then found itself working under the direction of Alpha Quintesson, a go-between for the deactivated Unicron himself. Exposed to the reformatting powers of Unicron, the team were upgraded with new, more powerful Hyper Modes, and attacked the AlterEnergy facility in Australia on Earth - during which Battle Ravage pursued the human, Kicker—only to be stopped by the Autobots. Later, through Unicron's power, he and the other Terrorcons were multiplied into a vast army of cloned drones under the originals' command (much like the Vehicon Generals in Beast Machines). Battle Ravage's drones attacked Moscow until they were routed by an Autobot counter-attack and a vengeful Megatron.

The bankruptcy and subsequent closure of Dreamwave Productions left their story of Battle Ravage and the rest of the Transformers: Energon universe untold."

Hall Liquidations

Spider-Man
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 6:11:02 PM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

Xylob wrote:
One more vote here for "Battle Ravage Drone(s)".

+1

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

icarus201
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 5:55:59 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

MoonKnight1 wrote:
comicscastle wrote:

"Battle Ravage is as his name suggests: a cold, heartless killing machine who will rip apart his enemies in battle with claw and tooth.

It's this part that sways my thinking. Perhaps it should be a singular "Battle Ravage" entry. Are the drones part of him, like Jamie Maddrox's multiple bodies? Or, if not I would go for two entries; "Battle Ravage", then "Battle Ravage Drones" to cover the multiple entities.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicscastle
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 7:01:06 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

icarus201 wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
comicscastle wrote:

It's this part that sways my thinking. Perhaps it should be a singular "Battle Ravage" entry. Are the drones part of him, like Jamie Maddrox's multiple bodies? Or, if not I would go for two entries; "Battle Ravage", then "Battle Ravage Drones" to cover the multiple entities.
That is my thinking as well and the reason I asked the question.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2014 11:31:35 AM

Shop at My Store

In the Wikipedia entry it states that BR was a singular character until:

"through Unicron's power, he and the other Terrorcons were multiplied into a vast army of cloned drones under the originals' command"

So, I would say that there is one Battle Ravage and numerous Drones under his direct control. Could there be a split listing? Either Battle Ravage/Battle Ravage Drones or Battle Ravage/Drones? There is a precedent in the DB with Optimus Prime/Orion Pax

My understanding of the character (both through on-line research and actually reading some of the comics BR appears in) is that there is one Battle Ravage. There were hundreds, if not thousands, of clones created by Unicron that operate under the general direction of the Host Unit. The Drones are mindless and are only capable of following simple instructions.

Hall Liquidations

padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2014 3:51:37 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

If that's the case, then I think there should absolutely be 2 entries. One for Battle Ravage, and another for Battle Ravage Clone(s).

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
icarus201
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2014 4:24:22 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

padreglcc wrote:
If that's the case, then I think there should absolutely be 2 entries. One for Battle Ravage, and another for Battle Ravage Clone(s).

I agree.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here