Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
So, let me get this straight... Options
Joe
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 8:17:13 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

vesuvious wrote:
Joe wrote:

Thank You. Also, Some of your ideas and insight are right on concerning the technology.

Thank you I appreciate that. I said this before but I want to say it directly to you, if you are ever in need of any development assistance or even just want a backboard to bounce off tech questions, you can contact me any time (pro bono). I work for a major software company so if I do not have an answer for you, I have over three thousand software, network, security, and systems engineers around me that all love to contribute.

I love comics, I love software, putting them together perfectly may put me in a position to say my life is complete.

Awesome. I just may do that! Thanks.

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

dunleavy75
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 9:26:19 AM

Groups: Member

Joe wrote:
dunleavy75 wrote:

So, no regrets about the way you handled that situation with someone you count among the "good guys"? And your initial post in this thread took a few shots at someone you consider a "good guy"? Wow, I'd be afraid to see a person that you don't think is a good guy.

Along the lines of what Dylan said...so there are some exceptions as far as posting links for competing sites?

No Regrets. Like I said. It was not a personal attack against Doug. Just didn't appreciate the post he made.

Also, personally, I don't like people marketing other sites in their signatures, or degrading CCL in their signatures, but we do try to give the user as much freedom as possible in there personal signatures. I don't like censorship. I want the folks here to have fun, and enjoy the site, and just be themselves. A signature is one thing, and a post about building a competing site is another. We want freedom here, but not to the point that it begins to hurt the community as a whole.

Anyway, Billy. You may have read the wrong inflection in my words on my original response. Honestly, I enjoy this hobby, and I love the people who are into it (including you and Doug). They are a lot of fun and I love swapping introspect with them. Don't know what else to say Dude. We do CCL because we are collectors and fans just like you!

If you don't regret the way you threatened Doug (a "good guy") in the locked thread, rather than treating the situation (and him specifically) more delicately, then I guess there is nothing else to say. Consider case closed with me. Straight Face

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 10:25:58 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

dunleavy75 wrote:
Joe wrote:
dunleavy75 wrote:

So, no regrets about the way you handled that situation with someone you count among the "good guys"? And your initial post in this thread took a few shots at someone you consider a "good guy"? Wow, I'd be afraid to see a person that you don't think is a good guy.

Along the lines of what Dylan said...so there are some exceptions as far as posting links for competing sites?

No Regrets. Like I said. It was not a personal attack against Doug. Just didn't appreciate the post he made.

Also, personally, I don't like people marketing other sites in their signatures, or degrading CCL in their signatures, but we do try to give the user as much freedom as possible in there personal signatures. I don't like censorship. I want the folks here to have fun, and enjoy the site, and just be themselves. A signature is one thing, and a post about building a competing site is another. We want freedom here, but not to the point that it begins to hurt the community as a whole.

Anyway, Billy. You may have read the wrong inflection in my words on my original response. Honestly, I enjoy this hobby, and I love the people who are into it (including you and Doug). They are a lot of fun and I love swapping introspect with them. Don't know what else to say Dude. We do CCL because we are collectors and fans just like you!

If you don't regret the way you threatened Doug (a "good guy") in the locked thread, rather than treating the situation (and him specifically) more delicately, then I guess there is nothing else to say. Consider case closed with me. Straight Face

I know the management here can be frustrating and seem disinterested. I think a good majority of the regulars are feeling that way at this point, as the last couple of threads have shown.

But don't leave because of that. It was good to see you in the community again the last few days. We still have great shops and a great community you can be a part of here. It'd be a shame to see you go again.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
pottersan
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 9:00:40 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I leave for a month and all hell breaks loose.....And Dougie, my dear friend Doug who I lured away from ebay with promises of a better comic world, becomes an outlaw....DOUG?!?!?

And sweet little Dunleavy is up in arms??

Say it ain't so Joe.....

What has this place come to?

It's a mad,mad,mad,mad world I tell you.....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 8:50:22 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

pottersan wrote:
I leave for a month and all hell breaks loose.....And Dougie, my dear friend Doug who I lured away from ebay with promises of a better comic world, becomes an outlaw....DOUG?!?!?

And sweet little Dunleavy is up in arms??

Say it ain't so Joe.....

What has this place come to?

It's a mad,mad,mad,mad world I tell you.....

That'll teach you to not take vacations! Devil

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations