Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Options
CrossbowComics
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:04:20 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The guy who played the male lead in Twister (and I think Alien too) is going to be joining up for a few episodes as well.

Side note - they had a brief scene where one guy wakes up (the guy caught in the explosion), and he's missing a leg, the side of his face is toast, plus he's got a computer in his eye that talks to him. Aside from that he didn't look anything like Deathlok.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

kisstour03
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:14:41 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Reggie wrote:
fenix1977 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Man this scene creeped me out:

Him repeating, "Let me die, please, just let me die." Over and over again just gave me the heebie jeebies.

It was...MESSED UP..it did not help that he kept asking them to let him die either..

Glad I wasn't the only one that got creeped out.

My reaction was WTF!!! and then my head got kinda itchy.

So the explanation is they brought him back to life but they didn't really say how they did it. And the evil looking droid machine repaired neural damage and tweeked his memories. Or did I miss something in the Coulson/Doctor car scene?
kisstour03
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:16:04 AM

CrossbowComics wrote:
The guy who played the male lead in Twister (and I think Alien too) is going to be joining up for a few episodes as well.

Side note - they had a brief scene where one guy wakes up (the guy caught in the explosion), and he's missing a leg, the side of his face is toast, plus he's got a computer in his eye that talks to him. Aside from that he didn't look anything like Deathlok.

I was thinking Deathlok as well.
scotteaves
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:41:59 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

kisstour03 wrote:
Reggie wrote:
fenix1977 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Man this scene creeped me out:

Him repeating, "Let me die, please, just let me die." Over and over again just gave me the heebie jeebies.

It was...MESSED UP..it did not help that he kept asking them to let him die either..

Glad I wasn't the only one that got creeped out.

My reaction was WTF!!! and then my head got kinda itchy.

So the explanation is they brought him back to life but they didn't really say how they did it. And the evil looking droid machine repaired neural damage and tweeked his memories. Or did I miss something in the Coulson/Doctor car scene?

Nope, you didn't miss anything. That's what that machine did. Yeah, kinda freaky.

CrossbowComics
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 2:06:22 AM

Shop at My Store

kisstour03 wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

I was thinking Deathlok as well.

Cool, it's been confirmed, Deathlok will make his debut in the Feb 4th episode. I also read that in episode 15 Lady Sif will come to earth to search for a girl named Lorelei (I remember her from the Simonson days).

Flagwaver
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 6:37:33 AM

CrossbowComics wrote:

It is not a computer that talks to him. His eye has been replaced and what he is seeing is the bad guys communicating with him. That black female agent they went after, the guy they believed was her handler and the Centipede soldiers all have this. They follow the instructions given to them or they are killed via an "off switch" in the eye.
CrossbowComics
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 7:30:48 AM

Shop at My Store

Flagwaver wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

It is not a computer that talks to him. His eye has been replaced and what he is seeing is the bad guys communicating with him. That black female agent they went after, the guy they believed was her handler and the Centipede soldiers all have this. They follow the instructions given to them or they are killed via an "off switch" in the eye.

That's assuming he's under control of the bad guys, the brief clip just showed him in an empty room. Deathlok DOES have a computer that talks to him & it's been leaked that this character is in fact Deathlok. Hopefully they give us some juicy details on the 4th.

CrossbowComics
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 8:06:44 AM

Shop at My Store

Here's the text from an article I read, pretty cool.

Deathlok has come to "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

A classic Marvel Comics icon who is celebrating his 40th anniversary this year, Deathlok will be brought to live-action life for first time ever on the all-new episode of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." premiering Tuesday, February 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET on ABC.

Transformed into the cybernetic solider against his will, Mike Peterson (J. August Richards) must struggle to find the man in the machine. With a high-tech eye that allows him to see through walls, super strength and increased speed courtesy of a cybernetic leg, will Deathlok fight alongside the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or against them?

"We have been waiting all season for this moment where we can reveal that Mike Peterson's story arc is an origin story," said Executive Producer Jeffrey Bell. "We're thrilled to have J. August Richards playing Deathlok and to have our audience enjoy this favorite Marvel character on the show."

"If you would have asked when I was nine-years old what I wanted to be, I would have said a super hero and I'm so excited to be one now as an adult on TV!" added J. August Richards. "It's a dream come true."

While that's all we can reveal at the moment, True Believers, stay tuned to Marvel.com for more updates and follow @AgentsofSHIELD on Twitter and like "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." on Facebook for all the latest news!

Nate77
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 10:39:32 AM

Groups: Member

CrossbowComics wrote:
Flagwaver wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

That's assuming he's under control of the bad guys, the brief clip just showed him in an empty room. Deathlok DOES have a computer that talks to him & it's been leaked that this character is in fact Deathlok. Hopefully they give us some juicy details on the 4th.

I wonder if they'll follow the current Deathlok stories, keeps popping up in x-force. He keeps trying to change things to make a better future. Could the handler of all these folks be from the future? i know a stretch, but fun to speculate on....

4 8 15 16 23 42

Pull List: Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine, Deadpool,X-Force, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman & ?, B.P.R.D., Hellboy, The Walking Dead, Super Dinosaur.
fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2014 12:47:33 AM

Well this could rock..if they do it right..

Mad Bloggings

KingZombie
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 8:53:42 PM

Did anyone notice in the last episode that Sky mentions Bucky Barnes on SHIELD's memorial?

CrossbowComics
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:10:06 PM

Shop at My Store

KingZombie wrote:
Did anyone notice in the last episode that Sky mentions Bucky Barnes on SHIELD's memorial?

YES, and as I recall Bucky is going to be a major player in the next Cap movie too.

Reggie
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:57:48 PM

CrossbowComics wrote:
KingZombie wrote:

YES, and as I recall Bucky is going to be a major player in the next Cap movie too.

I thought about that after I heard it. In the comics Bucky was used by the Soviet Union as the Winter Soldier. For Bucky to be listed on SHIELD's memorial that would indicate he was a member of SHIELD? I wonder if SHIELD is the one using him as the Winter Soldier in the movie instead of the Soviets?

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 3:55:19 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The most recent episode was pretty cool, if not somewhat creepy. Learned more about Coulson's miraculous rebirth. Plus more questions were raised.

Who do you all think is the Clairvoyant? I have two names in mind (see what I did there!). If Centipede is a front for Hydra, as I believe - or AIM even, then there are a few characters from the comics that would fit the bill.

M.O.D.O.K.

Computer-like memory, psionic abilities, limited precognition. Maybe...?

or

Mentallo

Mind control. Check.
Telepathy. Check.
Hmmm...

Any other ideas?

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 6:42:11 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

Reggie wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
KingZombie wrote:

I thought about that after I heard it. In the comics Bucky was used by the Soviet Union as the Winter Soldier. For Bucky to be listed on SHIELD's memorial that would indicate he was a member of SHIELD? I wonder if SHIELD is the one using him as the Winter Soldier in the movie instead of the Soviets?

The SSR was the early version of SHIELD. Bucky became part of Cap's team in the SSR after he was rescued from the HYDRA camp.

Kind of like in real life, the OSS from WWII was the precursor to the CIA.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 6:46:52 PM

CrossbowComics wrote:

Were you honestly expecting an exact adaptation of the character?

Maybe Michael will become more machine as the show goes on.I don't care if he doesn't lose his other leg and one of his arms, but I would however like to see the face plate.

Regardless, I'm just happy to see a live action version of Deathlok.

CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 7:27:33 PM

Shop at My Store

SpidermanGeek wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

Were you honestly expecting an exact adaptation of the character?

Maybe Michael will become more machine as the show goes on.I don't care if he doesn't lose his other leg and one of his arms, but I would however like to see the face plate.

Regardless, I'm just happy to see a live action version of Deathlok.

That was sarcasm. He wasn't revealed as Deathlok yet & I was just pointing out the fairly striking similarity.

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 4:40:42 PM

yeah, didn't realize you posted that before the episode that confirmed it was Deathlok.

fenix1977
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:16:56 PM

The last three episodes have been freaking fantastic! I hope they keep going in this direction.

Mad Bloggings

KingZombie
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:53:57 PM

fenix1977 wrote:
The last three episodes have been freaking fantastic! I hope they keep going in this direction.

Agreed, especially the last one with Sif, IMO. I wanna know what that thing at the Guest House was!!

Hypnotized