Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Constantine Options
padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:28:46 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

First official promo image for the DC/NBC pilot of Constantine came out today. Pretty good likeness, IMO.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:21:29 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Where's the cigarette? Laughing

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:38:42 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:

Apparently the producers and NBC are going 'round and 'round about that. TV standards don't really let people smoke on screen anymore.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 1:01:31 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

padreglcc wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Apparently the producers and NBC are going 'round and 'round about that. TV standards don't really let people smoke on screen anymore.

Is it really TV standards, or just the producers/networks political correctness? I don't think they would get fined if they showed people smoke. If that is the case, though, then things have gotten worse than I thought.
padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:00:58 PM

Thundercron wrote:
padreglcc wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Is it really TV standards, or just the producers/networks political correctness? I don't think they would get fined if they showed people smoke. If that is the case, though, then things have gotten worse than I thought.

That may be. The FCC has nothing about smoking on screen in it's rules, and won't fine anyone for that. (though it did ban cigarette ads back in the 70s). The MPAA has said that smoking depicted in films outside of a historical context may earn films a higher rating. And several TV studios have said that their productions will never feature characters smoking (Hallmark and Disney being two that I'm aware of). It may be that NBC is reluctant to have the "hero" of the story be a smoker. I know Contantine's producers want that to be part of the characterization.

outcast
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:15:11 PM
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host

He doesn't look like Sting.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:17:01 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

padreglcc wrote:
First official promo image for the DC/NBC pilot of Constantine came out today. Pretty good likeness, IMO.

Who is that actor? It looks like Hyde from That 70's Show.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:27:11 PM

He's a Welsh actor named Matt Ryan.

Shogun684
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 8:04:04 AM

Groups: Member

I can't wait! So far so good.
padreglcc
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2014 1:45:29 PM

First official promo for Constantine is out. I think it looks good. Hoping it works. Check it out on YouTube here.

ukblueky
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 1:27:16 PM

I hope it does well but I'm reluctant to invest my time into something that NBC may not even give a proper chance before yanking the plug. Of course I'm kinda sore at NBC at the moment because they just cancelled two new shows that I actually enjoyed- Believe and Crisis. It seems dang near next to impossible to keep a show on network tv anymore. If its not a runaway hit from the first episode then its yanked. The show I am looking forward to the most is The Strain. FX has a good track record with the more mature shows so I have high hopes for it.

padreglcc
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 2:00:41 PM

I'm with you on being a little weary about NBC mishandling this. On the upside, it's airing on Friday nights, and if they pair it with Grimm, that could be a very cool thing.

ukblueky
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2014 11:14:06 PM

padreglcc wrote:
I'm with you on being a little weary about NBC mishandling this. On the upside, it's airing on Friday nights, and if they pair it with Grimm, that could be a very cool thing.

Yeah the ratings on a Friday don't have to be as high.

rook68
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 10:30:35 PM

Watching the preview trailer. Constatine looks to be a must see. At least on DVR.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

Caster
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:52:16 PM

I am worried that it is either going to be a diluted series (which means that people are going to watch it but the people who love Constantine might end up hating it) or it is going to be true to the books and we are going to see a small audience with the plug being pulled quickly. Nervous…

The complete Marvel reading order - http://cmro.travis-starnes.com
fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2014 11:20:11 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

My DVR can not wait Dancing

Mad Bloggings