Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Which sport is best to watch from the stands?
Choice Votes Statistics
Football 0 0%
Baseball 2 22%
Basketball 1 11%
Hockey 4 44%
Auto Racing 1 11%
Soccer 0 0%
Tennis 0 0%
Golf 0 0%
Other sporting event 1 11%

What is your favorite sport to watch in person? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 3:55:09 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

This is a two part poll. I encourage you to vote in both, I'm very interested in seeing the results. Here is the other half of the poll: Favorite Sport to Watch on TV

As most anyone who is interested in Sports knows, you can get two totally different experiences from watching an event. It's the difference between being there yourself or watching remotely, by which I mean TV. Some sports seem naturally suited to being televised while some are more difficult to follow for the average viewer. Other sports are more accessible to the courtside fan.

I know that personally I love to watch some sports on the tube but am OK with not going to the stadium/arena/etc while other sports I would much rather be there than sit and stare at the box.

If you want to rank your top picks that would be super cool!

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION!!!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

fenix1977
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:13:51 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Hockey.

Mad Bloggings

jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:39:36 AM

Auto Racing. It may shock some that I didn't pick hockey as my favorite to watch from the stands as I am a season ticket holder with the Nashville Predators. There is just something about being at an auto race that makes it much more awesome than watching at home. The sound of the cars and the smell of the engines (good ole healthy carbon monoxide), make for a great experience, to me anyways.

If I chose a 2nd favorite to see in person, then I would go with hockey.
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 2:43:20 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Wrestling.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
evilskip42
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 8:39:41 AM
Groups: Member

Minor League baseball.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 3:15:56 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

jbeeman85 wrote:
Auto Racing. It may shock some that I didn't pick hockey as my favorite to watch from the stands as I am a season ticket holder with the Nashville Predators. There is just something about being at an auto race that makes it much more awesome than watching at home. The sound of the cars and the smell of the engines (good ole healthy carbon monoxide), make for a great experience, to me anyways.

If I chose a 2nd favorite to see in person, then I would go with hockey.

I thought you might go with NASCAR!

I love hockey from the stands. I can watch it on TV but the complaint I hear from people who don't like it is that they can't see the puck. Now, I think that's crap but I can see their perspective. In the stands you get the full experience, the sound of the skates on the ice, the feeling of someone getting crashed into the boards, when you see a long pass hit an open skater who takes a beeline for the goal - that feeling can bring you out of your seat!

I don't watch much baseball on TV but I really enjoy it at the ball park. If you have decent seats (a matter of opinion, some like it behind home plate, some like it in the sun bleached outfield stands, others want to be near 1st or 3rd base, etc.) it is a leisurely way to spend 2-3 hours. I also follow the game better when I am there and paying attention.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2014 10:44:54 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

I love hockey from the stands. I can watch it on TV but the complaint I hear from people who don't like it is that they can't see the puck. Now, I think that's crap but I can see their perspective. In the stands you get the full experience, the sound of the skates on the ice, the feeling of someone getting crashed into the boards, when you see a long pass hit an open skater who takes a beeline for the goal - that feeling can bring you out of your seat!

I have no problem at all keeping up with the puck from my seats which are in the 2nd row of the upper deck. I think it's just people trying to say they don't want to do to a game without directly saying so. But hey, I'm "weird" when I go to a football game, I prefer the upper deck seats. I feel that you get a much better viewing angle and can actually see the whole field. Whereas, from the lower deck, unless you are right on the 50, your depth perception of where exactly they are on field can get pretty bad, and in a game of inches, that's not a good thing to have to look at the jumbotron to see the play properly (I can sit at home and watch a play on tv).
kidlippy
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 1:01:57 PM

I'm the only one to pick basketball!?!?!?!

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

CosmicAvenger
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:24:39 PM

Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member, Moderator

kidlippy wrote:
I'm the only one to pick basketball!?!?!?!

I chose hockey, but basketball is a very close second.

basketball has energy, noise, fast plays

CosmicAvenger
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:26:54 PM

Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member, Moderator

I know its a small sample here, but Im happy to see American hockey fans.

I always hear in the Toronto media how some American teams really struggle to get attendance.

I mean, for really crappy seats here in toronto to see the really crappy leafs, I can easily pay $200 a ticket for upper bowl seats. Tickets are ALWAYS sold out, so forget the box office.

On the other hand, being a Blues fan I follow them on facebook, and I am constantly seeing deal after deal after deal, they practically give tickets away!