Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Still no way to refund and restock alternative payment options? Options
Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1:51:43 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

monidaw1 wrote:
... Another thought is can the PayPal payment option ever be turned off entirely?..
It'll cost you customers...
PayPal is online payment, more and more all the time.
Hell, I was at a store the other day that accepted PayPal at the register.
From a customer stand-point, it's far safer than giving my credit card info to Mr. Random Dude on the internet, and really that's exactly what sellers at CCL are. I'd no more use my credit card here than I would with the dude sitting on his truck's tailgate at the local flea market.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 2:35:42 PM

Groups: Member

Pitney Bowes offers an international shipping service that adds tracking even after it crosses the border. Not sure how competitive they are on pricing but it is an option to explore.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:06:40 PM

monidaw1 wrote:
...I still have to set up credit/debit card processing for the walk-ins and at the first place we were approved at, $24 up front whether there's any processing or not, seems like a bit much unless all electronic fund transfers were funneling through it. We've got them on standby while we check other options for processing... I've actually had walk-ins walk out since we couldn't accept debit yet...
Yeah, some "recent" legislation has given the card companies carte blanche to screw businesses over pretty hard - especially small businesses.
Write your congressman. Seriously. It's going to have a snow-ball effect (has already started) on the price of literally everything as fewer and fewer people use cash. The card companies and banks can royally screw merchants on transaction fees and get away with it, so the merchant is forced to pass that on to the consumer.
I don't use cash unless I absolutely have to because I found that if I need to buy something that's $12, I have to get $20 from the ATM... Now I've got that "extra" money in my pocket, I "must" spend it (probably on something stupid that I don't want/need anyway).
Which brings me to the debit card - I use it almost exclusively because if something costs $68, I spend $68 instead of getting $80 from the ATM and it really sucks when a merchant can't/won't process debit transactions.
I do not envy the small businessman in today's electronic money environment.

I'm seeing more and more local businesses listing their "regular" prices and then adding a sign etc stating "X% discount for cash!", all because of the new increases in card processing fees.
It is a violation of the merchant agreement with Visa and Mastercard (not sure about Discover and AMEX) to charge the customer a fee for using a card, and in my state it is also a violation of 3 separate statutes. However, it is perfectly legal and OK with Visa and MC for the merchant to require a minimum purchase for card transactions, which I'm also seeing more of lately.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

caseysorrow
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:31:20 AM

Groups: Approver, Member

I've posted before as a suggestion that CCL has for payment, google "Dwolla". It is essentially paypal with little (25 cents) to no fees (free under $10), it is just not as well known.

Casey

Xylob
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 12:41:23 PM

Xylob wrote:
...I was at a store the other day that accepted PayPal at the register...
Home Depot of all places!

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

caseysorrow
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 6:07:35 PM

Groups: Approver, Member

monidaw1 wrote:
The Dollar General store does here also. We signed up for the dwolla place so once we get through waiting for the two deposits to link the bank accounts in we should have some options. That no fee for transactions under $10 and only a quarter for transactions over $10 translates into a pretty good chunk of potential savings compared to PayPal. Eliminate or reduce the PayPal fee's through dwolla and CCL's piggybacked fee's get reduced at the same time saving even more.

I've used them a couple times, it's pretty much a no-brainer. I wish CCL (and many others) would use this. It would kill Paypal's monopoly if it catches on.

Casey

BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2014 11:23:12 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I use PayPal, and you're my favorite CCL shop. Please don't get rid of PayPal.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2014 11:29:02 AM

+1

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted: