Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What Game(s) Are You Playing? Options
ukblueky
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 2:50:49 PM

Groups: Member

Having recently just got a PS3 (before this all I had was XBOX360) I started playing some of the "older" titles that are PS3 exclusive.
God Of War III- Freakin' awesome. Of course I loved the two for PS2.
Uncharted- I really loved this game. Just finished it today. Bought part 2 and 3 yesterday.
Resistance: Fall Of Man- It's a decent FPS. Certainly not the best I've ever played but it was worth the 4 bucks I paid for it.
Infamous- Hated this game. Hate the characters, hate the game play. The story sounded cool but man does the game fall short.
I have lots of other games I bought I need to get to some day like Resident Evil 5, Resistance 2, F.E.A.R., Killzone and Killzone 2.
Also recently played Deadpool. The game got some bad reviews but I really liked it, and I'm not even a Deadpool fan.

Xylob
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:07:00 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

ukblueky wrote:
Having recently just got a PS3 (before this all I had was XBOX360) I started playing some of the "older" titles that are PS3 exclusive. ...
Resistance: Fall Of Man- It's a decent FPS. Certainly not the best I've ever played but it was worth the 4 bucks I paid for it...
I freakin' loved this game, but then again it was the first game I got for my PS3 many long years ago. It was a launch title and a lot of people bashed it for being more of a tech-demo than a game, but it's still one of my favorites. First play-through was fun, but my second play through was co-op with my wife and it was a blast.
Definitely worth $4!!

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
teh_longinator
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:54:15 PM

I've been clocking mad amounts of hours on Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn. Also been recording gameplay for my Youtube channel... but not going to bother to commentate it.

Also been playing X-Men: Wolverine Origins for the purpose of a Let's Play for YouTube.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Xylob
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 4:22:51 PM

What is a " Let's Play"?

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

teh_longinator
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 4:29:48 PM

Xylob wrote:
What is a " Let's Play"?

Basically it's where you play through a game, and make videos of it. Most often they have commentary, explaining what's happening, or what's the thinking.

Basically, it's a thing for people who want to enjoy the game, but not spend money to play it :P

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
ukblueky
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 10:27:39 PM

Can't wait for the 25th. I've got the new Batman pre ordered.

Kreyalis
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 11:15:56 AM

Picked up Pokemon X and Project X Zone for 3ds over the weekend really enjoying both of them so far.
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:48:04 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I tried out Zombie Revenge on Dreamcast today, which I picked up at Goodwill recently. And dang, what a freaking fun game! I played 3-4 games of it, all continues allowed. Couldn't beat it, but I'm sure with a little memorization and few more play-throughs I can do better.

Someone once told me it was a 3D fighter, and so I stayed away. Apparently that person doesn't know the different between a beat-em up and a fighter. So much Sega style squeezed into this, and pretty impressive looking for a Dreamcast game. Don't pass this one up if you have a Dreamcast, it's a MUST-HAVE Dreamcast game; and it's cheap to boot!

That inspired an entire Dreamcast playing session today. I also played these games and had a blast today:

-House of the Dead 2
-Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of the Super-Heroes
-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
-Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense

And I have this one waiting to play which requires a little more time and input; after I take this little break:

And coincidently enough, I just saw today on CGR's website that it's Sega Dreamcast Week on Classic Game Room! How appropriate.

Sega Dreamcast Week on CGR

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 8:09:49 AM

Super Metroid.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 2:30:12 PM

Xylob wrote:
Super Metroid.

Outstanding.

Xylob
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 4:06:11 PM

On an actual SNES too - no emulator or VirtualConsole for this guy!
Though... I am "cheating" with an asciipad. Best controller ever made for that console - they made some good PS1 controllers too.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

junkmonkey
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 7:46:03 AM

Groups: Media Host, Member, Moderator

Currently playing through a few games right now. On my 360, I've been playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope for my JRPG fix. Really fun game, and I really like the battle system. Also got Burnout Paradise, which is an open world racer and a lot of fun. On my computer, I bought the first KOTOR to play through again since it was pretty cheap and I don't have it on a console anymore. I also just finished the Splatterhouse reboot, and that was a lot of fun. Pretty disappointed it probably won't be getting a sequel even though the end totally sets up for it.

Oriasten
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 3:24:51 AM

Need for Speed Rivals, and Dead Nation on PS4

Blur, Split Second, South Park SoT, Dead Nation on PS3

Trophy Chasing :)

Lead Guitarist and Vocalist of

Rectifier!

a Progressive Metal band born right here in Greenville SC, home of the Egpytian Death Metal band Nile
Xylob
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 7:54:47 AM

I had a blast playing through Split Second, but it really didn't have much replay value for me.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 6:05:38 PM

I found this really cool video game book at Goodwill today. "Video Games: The Ultimate Guide". It has reviews of a quoted "over 1000 games" with pics

The cover boasts that it includes PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, PC, and Game Boy/GBC games. But it also has a section in the back that covers older systems up to Saturn and all the way back to Atari 2600 and ZX Spectrum! And it even has a "preview" section that looks into the GameCube, XBox, and GBA.

This will do me well as video game collector. Well worth $2!

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 12:14:42 PM

Just finished Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)

It's more of what you got and loved in Spyro 1 & 2. Nothing especially innovative here, just a great 3D platformer, with lots of charm, and a ton of fun. Had a blast with it! I wish Insomniac would have kept making these, because the 5th gen Spyro games don't hold a candle to the PS1 games.

I still have to play through the Sparx Worlds that I unlocked after beating it, though.

I'm in the middle of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)

I'm about 10 hours in, now. Great little traditional JRPG with lots of puzzle elements in it, just like the first two games. But with much better graphics and sound, being that this one is on DS rather than GBA. I'm sure the story won't be as epic as the first two games, since those came together into 1 big epic story. But I'm enjoying what I've played through so far. It seems more like a love-letter showing appreciation to the first two games, than it is doing it's own thing. But they've done it well, so far.

Shizz
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 4:26:30 PM

Last weekend I finished Deadlight and played through I Am Alive. Both are awesome games. I would highly recommend playing both. Great stories and gameplay.
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:12:12 AM

I'm playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. I'm pretty dang sure I was fighting the end-boss (don't know for sure, I don't use strategy guides/walkthoughs). You fight the guy and the girl from the empire that are antagonists through the entire game along with some huge wolf-Beastman. Then after you beat them, they combine together into this uber-powerful combined form.

I played that boss battle for 2-freaking hours. 2 HOURS!!! And then I died anyways. I was up until 1 o'clock last night because of it. And now I'm like the walking dead today with only 6 hours of sleep in me. So frustrating!

BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2014 1:53:29 AM

I finished this game while playing it on the car ride down to Santa Cruz with my wife. Put in between 20-30 hours on this one.

What a fantastic game to end a fantastic series. No joke, this may not take the #1 spot for my all-time favorite JRPG, replacing Chrono Trigger on that list. Fan-freaking-tastic story that has lots of connecting plot-threads and big-twist moments with many endearing characters. The game and story really made you feel you like you were on this grand adventure. I LOVED the interaction of the Psynergy puzzles, mixed with the JRPG gameplay, the puzzle elements really reminded me of a 2D Zelda game. And man, dat ending!

Very, VERY satisfied with this series.

I really, REALLY hope they follow this series up with a 3DS sequel. The after-credits scene left it wide-open for one.

If you are a fan of RPGs, you won't be disappointed with this one.

Xylob
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2014 6:49:26 AM

Donkey Kong Country on the SNES - I forgot how incredibly frustrating this game is.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted: