Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Any news or updates??? Options
icarus201
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:11:19 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Flagwaver wrote:
And so is CCL. The main difference between CCL and CLZ is that I can fix the data in CLZ without having to go through some a-hole with a god complex to get it done.

What?! They let people edit their own stuff without any quality control? No wonder their db is in such a godawful mess.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
freakdylan
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:35:43 PM

Groups: Member

icarus201 wrote:
btw, all you dissenters and deserters have fun building that collectorz database up over the next few years. It's full of holes and woefully inadequate compared to CCL currently.

LMFAO

So its ok to build this DB for owners who are absent and havent updated in years. But if you work on the DB at CZ its a waste? Yea that makes tons of sense.....................Wall

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

padreglcc
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 4:18:10 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

freakdylan wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
btw, all you dissenters and deserters have fun building that collectorz database up over the next few years. It's full of holes and woefully inadequate compared to CCL currently.

LMFAO

So its ok to build this DB for owners who are absent and havent updated in years. But if you work on the DB at CZ its a waste? Yea that makes tons of sense.....................Wall

That's so not what icarus said.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 6:50:09 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

But that's what he heard Padre! Any excuse to sling a lil' poo our way. By-The-By the new CCL is on the way people Joe says there's people working on it 100% of the time now.

SwiftMann
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 7:29:45 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

javierlacroix wrote:
gregu wrote:
KnifeTricks wrote:
...Bottom line is there are some companies that do some things better than us and some things that we do better. We strive to bring a cohesiveness to everything comics, and to maybe bring excitement and fun to collecting. Basically, CCL offers the whole package while most other software's only offer a cataloging system. And we think that’s pretty cool.

The thing is it didn't need to be a one or the other situation. If at any time over ther last 7 years enough time/effort/money had been put into improving the mobile and desktop apps CCL could be the top in catiloging AND selling/buying. It saddens me that the decision was made to not put money back into it to have it expand. Oh well, I've decided to move on, not to say I won't be back to purchase comics, but I've paid my last subscription fee. Thanks for the good times while it lasted.

gregu

Well, I'm the collector who started this thread, asking for the same thing: for someone to give me a reason and convince me to stay with CCL (I've been here for MANY years). But I think the answer is clear: I'm looking for the best collector software for cataloging my collection integrated with a good mobile app, and CCL is no longer it (I don't even consider the CCL app as a real option).

This is a 4 pages thread and not ONE comment from any of the directors or owners, it seems they really don't care. Thank you KnifeTricks, because you obviously believe in CCL and you did make an effort to give us hope, but it's clear to me that the people who can really make the changes are no longer interested in making them happen or in how we, the customers, feel. By the way, I eagerly awaited for the snapshots of the new software...

So...as much as it saddens me...I'm leaving CCL and movin to Collectorz too. Thank you very much for everything. It was a fun ride while it lasted, and it lasted for a good long time. Farewell!

KnifeTricks, who made some great points, is Joe's son and employees by CCL.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
SwiftMann
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 7:40:46 PM

Shop at My Store

icarus201 wrote:
Flagwaver wrote:
And so is CCL. The main difference between CCL and CLZ is that I can fix the data in CLZ without having to go through some a-hole with a god complex to get it done.

What?! They let people edit their own stuff without any quality control? No wonder their db is in such a godawful mess.

Some people prefer anarchy to following anything that resembles rules because they can't handle being corrected. We see it here from the same handful of clowns* and I've seen it at a blog with an honest-to-goodness editor and watched very smart people I know in person completely lose their mind to changes.

I haven't had a chance to look at collectorz trial software in a long time. I was highly unimpressed then and ony mildly impressed with their demo shots on the website now. It seems like they have a lot of smoke and mirrors to distract from the data.

Biggest thing I love here versus other sites is the trades and hardcovers separate from comics. And I love the trading cards. Got me back into collecting.

*clowns = those (past or present) who chest thump about their CRs being perfect at original submission even though they can't make one submission to the next consistent, much less look like anything else in the database.

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
javierlacroix
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 11:11:53 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Atilla2k wrote:
...By-The-By the new CCL is on the way people Joe says there's people working on it 100% of the time now.

Unfortunately, almighty Joe doesn't seem to bother to come here and share that information himself with all of us, maybe a sneek peek, a possible release date, you know, a little basic marketing. And they've been promising that for a long time now.
Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 11:48:22 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

javierlacroix wrote:
Atilla2k wrote:
...By-The-By the new CCL is on the way people Joe says there's people working on it 100% of the time now.

Unfortunately, almighty Joe doesn't seem to bother to come here and share that information himself with all of us, maybe a sneek peek, a possible release date, you know, a little basic marketing. And they've been promising that for a long time now.

Joe himself passed the info along to us on the boards here.

SwiftMann
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 11:51:29 PM

Shop at My Store

javierlacroix wrote:
Atilla2k wrote:

He did. Just not in this thread because a CCL rep already replied (KnifeTricks aka Chance Butler aka Joe's son aka CCL employee).

For their own reasons, CCL has said there's not going to be sneak peeks. Not a great idea for a doubtful crowd, but their call nonetheless.

The possible release date per the conference calls was generally stated as second half of 2014.