Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Is anyone interested in participating in a CC?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 11 55%
No 9 45%

Any interest in a CCL Conference Call? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:47:06 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I was on the line for the November conference call and was very impressed with the open discussions between Joe & Steve and the CCL Members that were also on. I missed the second one due to something previously scheduled. I think the turnout for that one was so light that a third one was never done.

I appreciate the thought of doing one CC per month as was originally floated but that is probably a little unrealistic. Two to four times a year is probably a better idea.

I want to gauge interest from the Members for a CC sometime soon. If enough people vote "Yes" then I will ask the Powers That Be to schedule one. If there's little to no interest then I will drop the subject.

I am not soliciting opinions on whether or not you think a CC is worthwhile or useless. I only want to know if you want to participate or not.

Thanks!
Howie

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:47:22 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Yes

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

pottersan
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:38:36 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Yep, I'm always ready for a conferenace call

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Atilla2k
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:09:51 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I'd dial in for one, but all I really want to know is when the new and improved CCL is going to be here.

Joe
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:12:25 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

Thanks for the interest here.

I won't be able to do a call anytime soon. However, I can tell you that we have a team working 100% of their time on this project now, with most of my time dedicated to oversight and direction as well as UI, Module, and feature design and implementation.

If you can, please participate in the polls that we will be doing over the next few weeks, as we work through the initial feature release, it would be greatly appreciated. We are in an aggressive action phase now, with dedicated resources to this project. We have all the information we need, and I am sure that you are tired of talk anyway.

I have instructed our team not to give updates about the project as those posts often become CCL bashing. Rather we will be asking the community to give us their opinions about various features to help us finalize our design so that we can provide the best service for this hobby.

Thanks for the interest though. You guys are fantastic, and what we have in store is going to be a lot of fun.

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:17:23 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joe wrote:
I have instructed our team not to give updates about the project as those posts often become CCL bashing.

A lot the "bashing" was actually because you weren't giving us much of an update other than "it's coming" and "we love comics".

So this seems pretty bass-ackwards.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
freakdylan
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:39:45 PM

Groups: Member

BurningDoom wrote:
Joe wrote:
I have instructed our team not to give updates about the project as those posts often become CCL bashing.

A lot the "bashing" was actually because you weren't giving us much of an update other than "it's coming" and "we love comics".

He would have to be present more often to realize what the bashing was about. Like you said though ass-backwards.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

padreglcc
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 4:22:17 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

freakdylan wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Joe wrote:

He would have to be present more often to realize what the bashing was about. Like you said though ass-backwards.

No, I get it. I wouldn't want my people to deal with the negativity that's so virulent around here either. I understand user frustration, having experienced some myself, but some of the negativity is just so over the top that it makes me queasy and I don't even work here.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 6:32:30 PM

True enough, but Joe also originally stated the calls would be a "regular" thing and that he thought the two that actually happened were constructive.
Now he's back-pedaling.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 6:36:39 PM

Joe wrote:
...I can tell you that we have a team working 100% of their time on this project now

Good to know!

Joe wrote:
If you can, please participate in the polls that we will be doing over the next few weeks, as we work through the initial feature release, it would be greatly appreciated.

Absolutely!

Joe wrote:
I have instructed our team not to give updates about the project as those posts often become CCL bashing. Rather we will be asking the community to give us their opinions about various features to help us finalize our design so that we can provide the best service for this hobby.

Understandable. Thanks for the update.

P.S.- Keep statues here on CCL NOT on Action Figure Live (or whatever you're going to call it), Thanks!

Joe
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 9:15:52 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

Xylob wrote:
True enough, but Joe also originally stated the calls would be a "regular" thing and that he thought the two that actually happened were constructive.
Now he's back-pedaling.

The first call we did was good. It didn't have as many people as I thought it would, but it was nice to visit with the people on that call.

The last call we had only had 1 participant. For as many complaints that were on these forums, I thought people would be on that last call but they were not. It was awesome visiting with that person, but honestly we can't have myself and my staff on a call with just one person attending. I thought the community wanted those calls, but everyone is busy and can't attend like I thought they would.

Honestly, you are correct when you say people are tired of talk, and want action. That last call proved it. At this point we have all the information we need to provide a solid, cool new enhancement to CCL. Again, we are in an aggressive move to finish up this project.

Unfortunately the only thing that is visual to the public is when we push this project live. It is a complete refactoring of CCL, and can't be pushed in increments. In the meantime, you can participate in the polls that we will be doing over the next few weeks as we finalize these feature sets.

Thanks!

JB

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

Xylob
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 11:36:06 AM

Joe wrote:
Xylob wrote:
Now he's back-pedaling.

The first call we did was good. It didn't have as many people as I thought it would, but it was nice to visit with the people on that call.

The last call we had only had 1 participant. For as many complaints that were on these forums, I thought people would be on that last call but they were not. It was awesome visiting with that person, but honestly we can't have myself and my staff on a call with just one person attending. I thought the community wanted those calls, but everyone is busy and can't attend like I thought they would...

I still can't believe you'd realistically expect high participation on a work day during work hours.
Silly
I was able to call on the one only because I was at home recovering from surgery.
I understand you have a life and family, but I hope you realize that all of your paying customers have to go to work to pay for your product.
A couple hours on the weekend to meet the needs/expectations of your customers and hopefully try to retain as many as possible vice your customers having to take time off work to shoot the breeze with somebody who wants their money?
If I were the business man in this situation, it would seem like a no-brainer to me.

Joe wrote:
Honestly, you are correct when you say people are tired of talk, and want action. That last call proved it. At this point we have all the information we need to provide a solid, cool new enhancement to CCL. Again, we are in an aggressive move to finish up this project.

Unfortunately the only thing that is visual to the public is when we push this project live. It is a complete refactoring of CCL, and can't be pushed in increments. In the meantime, you can participate in the polls that we will be doing over the next few weeks as we finalize these feature sets...
Despite my "constant" griping and vocal criticism, I'm still here, and (as I've said before in these forums) I was fairly encouraged by what we discussed in the call I was able to attend.
Seeing your polls this weekend was even more encouraging - for a number of reasons.
I hope to see more of them soon!

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
freakdylan
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 4:01:48 PM

Groups: Member

I listened in on the 1st call and Joe was nice enough to answer my questions more or less. I didnt attend the second call because I saw no point as they hadnt made enough progress on new site or couldnt answer questions.

Joe wrote:

I would like to point out though updates would mean the world to all the members who worked so hard for you to build this site for you. (not saying me, but guys like comiccastle and swiftmann etc)

So why not post updates in a forum section only admin can post in? If its a locked post then no bashing, well at least not in that thread. Most sites that do frequent updates do it that way, a dedicated place just to updated users with no replies by the jerks (that might be me Angel )

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

HeroComics
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 9:32:53 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

At this juncture, I'd rather the CCL team concentrate on the 'project' rather than update with trickles of information.

I also expect that the UPGRADE will increase CCL's revenue, hence sellers revenue as well. I think I'll just ramp up my own business and concentrate on things I can control.

I would be remiss if I did not mention that I have learned more from freakdylan and xylob (to mention just 2), even if I don't always agree with them.

BIG shoes to fill if they ever left.

Moving forward...
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 9:59:55 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

HeroComics wrote:
At this juncture, I'd rather the CCL team concentrate on the 'project' rather than update with trickles of information.

I also expect that the UPGRADE will increase CCL's revenue, hence sellers revenue as well. I think I'll just ramp up my own business and concentrate on things I can control.

I would be remiss if I did not mention that I have learned more from freakdylan and xylob (to mention just 2), even if I don't always agree with them.

BIG shoes to fill if they ever left.

Moving forward...

There's nothing that says I personally can't have a Conference Call with you guys if you want...however, I can tell you that I believe the time is better spent with all hands focusing on this update than giving you trickles of information that do little more than aggravate some of the members. Combine that with the fact only 1 showed up for the last Conference Call we scheduled so this is what I'm leaning towards.