Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Un(readable)canny X-men??? Options
Shizz
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 6:36:58 PM

Groups: Member

I just got through reading issue 18, and it was rough.

Though this title hasn't been great, it has intrigued me and kept me interested....for the most part.

This last issue though was tough. I had a hard time even following the panels. They were trying to do some kind of spin on Scott's power problem with their presentation, and it did not work. The art didn't appeal to me, and the whole issue was a filler. At least next issue will have Bachelo back.

I don't normally like to open a thread about complaints, but UX is the sole book that got me into comics back in the day. I keep hanging on for nostalgia's sake, but is this title ever going to go anywhere enjoyable again?

Wall
padreglcc
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 7:21:12 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Uncanny X-Men was the book that first got me started as well. I ended up abandoning it when Scott became the "villain". Hatted the direction the series took post-Utopia.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
SwiftMann
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 8:36:13 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

It's the title that got me Intl comics too. And with a handful of exceptions I have a run since #200 so I'm not going to to kid myself into thinking I could drop it, but, man...

Fraction's run to end the original series was bland at best. Gillen's 20 issue run was horrible. Bendis' run started of as a pale All-New companion piece, but the last three years issues (Infinity, Magneto series launch and kids in Montana) have been so random and lacking in cohesion, that it's a chore to get through them.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
padreglcc
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 9:39:45 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

SwiftMann wrote:
It's the title that got me Intl comics too. And with a handful of exceptions I have a run since #200 so I'm not going to to kid myself into thinking I could drop it, but, man...

That's about where mine starts as well.

SwoftMann wrote:
Fraction's run to end the original series was bland at best.

This was the last run that I thought was any good. I really enjoyed Fraction's stuff.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
4saken1
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 10:01:04 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

padreglcc wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

That's about where mine starts as well.

Heck, that's not far from when I stopped! The came a point where if I read "My name is Wolverine. I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice." one more time, I was literally going to puke! Truth be told, I don't think most of that stuff got started until around #220 or so. I quit around #270.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Nick18313
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 2:09:22 AM

I've been reading UXM on and off since #281. I've been enjoying it a lot lately.

Pull List: Aphrodite IX, Artifacts, Cyberforce, Darkness, Witchblade, All New X-Factor, All New X-Men, Magneto, Uncanny X-Men, X-Force
ukblueky
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 12:59:48 PM

I'm another former long time reader of Uncanny X-Men. I have a run that starts back in the 130's. I held on as long as I could but I had to abandon ship a few months back. I found myself being 3 to 4 issues deep of the title in my read pile and dreading reading them. It just didn't make any sense to keep buying it just because I had a long run of the title. It made it even more easy to drop with the re numbering. If nothing else I knew I could always come on CCL and buy the back issues I am missing for 50 cents to a dollar. God knows their aren't worth any more than that.

SwiftMann
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 9:37:02 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Shizz wrote:
I just got through reading issue 18, and it was rough.

I just read this last night (I get my books shipped monthly).

Rough was being kind.

From the cover to the final page, this book was garbage. Absolute filler (and in a world of two issue months that's unacceptable), inexcusably impossible to follow panel work and a cover that focuses on a handgun when one doesn't even show up in the book. Would have been just as effective, more accurate and more awesome to have her hand held up to his head like a gun.

Surprisingly, #19 was pretty good and Bachalo's art was spectacular this issue.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 11:44:32 AM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

Yes, issue #18 was horrible, but overall, this latest volume Uncanny X-Men has had more good issues than bad.

I'm digging some of the new characters.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog