Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Would you make your collection list...
Choice Votes Statistics
Public for anyone to see 8 19%
Public for friends only 10 23%
Private (no one can see) 24 57%

Vote - Your Collection Public or Private Options
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 11:54:19 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

SpidermanGeek wrote:
Personally, I've been dying to have a venue to show off my collection. I have a lot of real life friends who I would love to share my collection with (I love lending my books for others to enjoy), but with 3,000 books, it's hard for them to even figure out where to start.

I want to be able to share an up to date listing of the books I own that they can check out at any time and discuss with me. I would also love having my collection at the tip of my fingers.

My top choice is to certainly have the option to make the collection private or not, but above all else, I want to able to share access to my collection.

Having friends just come into my comic book room and seeing boxes is impressive, but not as impressive as being able to view details about each issue online in an organized fashion.

That's how I feel about it. Bragging rights :)

comicscastle
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 11:58:19 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:
Personally, I've been dying to have a venue to show off my collection. I have a lot of real life friends who I would love to share my collection with (I love lending my books for others to enjoy), but with 3,000 books, it's hard for them to even figure out where to start.

I want to be able to share an up to date listing of the books I own that they can check out at any time and discuss with me. I would also love having my collection at the tip of my fingers.

My top choice is to certainly have the option to make the collection private or not, but above all else, I want to able to share access to my collection.

Having friends just come into my comic book room and seeing boxes is impressive, but not as impressive as being able to view details about each issue online in an organized fashion.

If it's public you let potential thieves know if breaking into your home is worthwhile or not.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 12:05:25 PM

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:

If it's public you let potential thieves know if breaking into your home is worthwhile or not.

Yeah, but that's even a potential threat whether you own a brick and mortar store or even sell out of your home or not. The same could be said with posting pics or updates on social media sites such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc. Wouldn't the ability to let the user decide what they want to do be a better choice than to give them no choice at all?

Xylob
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 12:27:45 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

SpidermanGeek wrote:
Personally, I've been dying to have a venue to show off my collection. I have a lot of real life friends who I would love to share my collection with (I love lending my books for others to enjoy), but with 3,000 books, it's hard for them to even figure out where to start...
Several years ago I had a DVD cataloging program that would allow you to mark items in your collection as 'on loan' to somebody - another potential feature?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
padreglcc
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 12:30:24 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Xylob wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:
Personally, I've been dying to have a venue to show off my collection. I have a lot of real life friends who I would love to share my collection with (I love lending my books for others to enjoy), but with 3,000 books, it's hard for them to even figure out where to start...
Several years ago I had a DVD cataloging program that would allow you to mark items in your collection as 'on loan' to somebody - another potential feature?

My DVD collecting software on my iPad has a similar feature. Very useful.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 1:32:05 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

SpidermanGeek wrote:

Me too. I'll admit it, I'm vain about my collections (comic and video game).

But I also understand people that want to be more private.

That's why I suggested to make it an option people can turn on or off via the software or their online profile.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 1:47:32 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:

Me too. I'll admit it, I'm vain about my collections (comic and video game).

But I also understand people that want to be more private.

That's why I suggested to make it an option people can turn on or off via the software or their online profile.

+1.
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 2:53:29 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

comicscastle wrote:

I'm in Canada, my door's unlocked anyway, lol.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
freakdylan
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 3:16:16 PM

Groups: Member

Joe wrote:
I deleted a post made by freakdylan in this poll forum and I want everybody to know the following.

These polls are important and we are looking for feedback from the member base about the feature topic. There are people on these forums who want to see a good product produced that helps them enjoy their hobby even more. We don't need comments about our management style, or how upset you are. We are trying to get constructive feed back to help us finalize this project, and comments that are completely off topic don't help.

Constructive dialog and varying opinions can be expressed about the topic and are welcome. If you love the feature, hate the feature, that is fine, we welcome that. But the following post has nothing to do with this topic, so it was removed.

Hmmmm

Ok so I was replying to a post, not randomly spouting off my mouth as I usually do but guess the original post not being on topic was ok. But just to stay on topic:

I think adding features like private/non private collections is silliness. It is just one more thing to debug later or to have problems with down the road. The more features you add to a product the more things that can and WILL go wrong. Which is what I essentially said in my deleted post. Why not stick to one or two things and make them great before adding tons of bells and whistles?

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Joe
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 3:30:31 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

freakdylan wrote:
Joe wrote:
I deleted a post made by freakdylan in this poll forum and I want everybody to know the following.

These polls are important and we are looking for feedback from the member base about the feature topic. There are people on these forums who want to see a good product produced that helps them enjoy their hobby even more. We don't need comments about our management style, or how upset you are. We are trying to get constructive feed back to help us finalize this project, and comments that are completely off topic don't help.

Constructive dialog and varying opinions can be expressed about the topic and are welcome. If you love the feature, hate the feature, that is fine, we welcome that. But the following post has nothing to do with this topic, so it was removed.

Hmmmm

Ok so I was replying to a post, not randomly spouting off my mouth as I usually do but guess the original post not being on topic was ok. But just to stay on topic:

I think adding features like private/non private collections is silliness. It is just one more thing to debug later or to have problems with down the road. The more features you add to a product the more things that can and WILL go wrong. Which is what I essentially said in my deleted post. Why not stick to one or two things and make them great before adding tons of bells and whistles?

Thanks. This is what we are looking for. We know this feature is not for everyone, but we wanted to see just how many might like it, and what status they would set for displaying their collection. It was requested in the feature list, and I see people posting pictures of some of their prize books.

We have a good team on this and a long term commitment so any bugs will be quickly worked through, but just taking some polls to get a feel for what the community is thinking.

JB

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

SwiftMann
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 3:45:44 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
Tamwood wrote:
I honestly don't see what it would matter.

I was wondering the same.

Only benefit I could see is in trying to track down a book you can't find and seeing it in someone's collection and making them an offer. There's a lot of mechanics to that which I don't think are part of the new CCL but you never know.

Other than that, I don't know why anyone would comb through someone else's collection.

Just to clarify, I actually voted Public for Anyone to See.

That's due to complete indifference about people seeing my collection and my expectation that no one is going to waste their time combing through however many thousands and thousands of comics I have at this point.

"Words have meaning." - my wife
4saken1
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 10:56:32 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I vote Private. It would be a nice feature to have the option of making your Wishlist public, though......

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

bolt_boy
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 1:19:47 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I agree with personal collections being kept private, though being optional would be fine for those who want to share.
b0bafett
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 5:45:24 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Private but like the idea to have the option of making your Wishlist public
ukblueky
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 3:37:59 PM

I'm indifferent to the idea. The only thing I can think off why this might be a good idea is for sellers. A seller could look through a regular customers collection and notice a book missing from a run. Also the seller may have a title missed by the customer that is by an artist or writer that is prevalent in said customers collection. All in all it may make marketing to certain buyers easier.

freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 4:06:49 PM

ukblueky wrote:
A seller could look through a regular customers collection and notice a book missing from a run. All in all it may make marketing to certain buyers easier.

I would consider that spam, and one reason why I wouldnt want my collection public. It only takes one bad seller to send off thousands of PMs and run off several buyers hurting all the other sellers.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 6:29:05 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

freakdylan wrote:
ukblueky wrote:
A seller could look through a regular customers collection and notice a book missing from a run. All in all it may make marketing to certain buyers easier.

I would consider that spam, and one reason why I wouldnt want my collection public. It only takes one bad seller to send off thousands of PMs and run off several buyers hurting all the other sellers.

Yeah, I could see that happening.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 8:23:21 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

I see no value in making one's wishlist public.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 8:38:55 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I think these are great ideas that should have the default setting of "OFF" - if you don't like/want it, don't worry you don't have it.
You want it? Turn it on.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
dunleavy75
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 8:45:01 PM

SpidermanGeek wrote:
comicscastle wrote:

I'm in Canada, my door's unlocked anyway, lol.

There are no thieves in Canada, everybody is drunk...eh...you hoser! Laughing

I think an option for the user would be fine.

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse