Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
The newer system in development Options
Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 9:37:04 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

What are your PC specs?
I used to complain about how slow the software was and I was running a fairly "decent" machine (better than the junk I'm stuck with at work!), but I had to build a new machine a few months ago and I am absolutely blown away at how fast the software runs on my new computer.
It may not be the software that's the problem.
Also, what kind of connection do you have? Obviously dial-up will suck, and DSL will be slow compared to cable...

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 11:54:42 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

monidaw1 wrote:
It's blazing fast with the software in folders that have little in them and everywhere else I go on the net. I'm sure there are newer faster versions of the processors and such but if I'm understanding what's about to happen it's all going to be a moot point if the new stuff isn't using software anyway. I figure I can muddle through until the new launch. I'm debating on wether any of the hundreds of "New" ( Got my first Diamond Invoice just now for next week delivery Dancing )comic titles, graphic, novels, TPB's, magazines and action figures should be added or just wait for the new improved CCL, especially if the new improved version is gong to require redoing everything we've done the last couple years all over again. Hopefully the Valiant One can give a little guidance and things on the day to day front will improve some like he said the payment processing stuff would with the new launch. Pray

If you keep up on the polls Joe is running, you'll see that doing away with the software isn't something that's 100% going to happen.

As for the slowness of the software, Brett posted some time back that the software just can't handle an inventory of over 200,000. Here's his post:

Quote:
After we hit about 200,000+ items, the software and website fell out of sync with itself. Also, the database took too long to load on the local end. The only way to use the system effectively was to clear all listings out of software, and only use the "Manage my inventory" feature on CCL.

We were still able to use the software to add new listings, since we did not populate / sync with the software.

Brett

Perhaps you're seeing the beginning stages of this. I would contact other stores of your size to see if they have similar problems.
SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 12:39:35 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Dude, you are have system issues. I know you want it to be CCL, but everything you've complained about is unrelated (software AND website) and unique to you. It's not CCL.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 12:45:51 PM

Shop at My Store

The next time you experience a slow down, open up Windows Task Manager, go to the Processes tab, make sure "Show processes from all users" is checked and then click on the CPU column to sort by that and see what is slowing you down.

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 1:03:02 PM

Groups: Member

monidaw1 wrote:

Do you expect to directly move our existing inventories into this or will we have to regrade, price and submit all the issues again and if so should we stop uploading new items now if they want be around long and have to be redone and possibly charged for again to reload?

I think this is a great question and should be addressed. Even though I dont have a store, I would think its important to store owners. Are the stores going to migrate over to new software seamlessly and if not what will be needed? Will entire stores need to start from scratch? Or will lists be populated and just need fine tuning.

Maybe a new thread should be started just on this subject?

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 1:10:21 PM

monidaw1 wrote:
[quote] Where would the Window's Task manager be located at?

Ctrl/alt/delete keys

all at same time

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 1:33:35 PM

Shop at My Store

monidaw1 wrote:
Quote:
The next time you experience a slow down, open up Windows Task Manager, go to the Processes tab, make sure "Show processes from all users" is checked and then click on the CPU column to sort by that and see what is slowing you down.

You mean like when I add a new title and it hasn't gotten past 11 of 39 Optimizing the database in the first five minutes knowing the real slow downs happen around 13 of 39 normally? On a good day it only takes about 5 minutes to bring a new title into the software.

Sure.

But also when you seem to be having website issues as well.

monidaw1 wrote:
Isn't that the combo that if you push it twice instantly restarts the computer? That's scary. I fear power outages and anything else that might close CCL software without saving prematurely now.

It doesn't instantly restart your computer. It brings up a menu and at the bottom is "Start Task Manager."

You can also type taskmgr into your start menu search box and get to it that way.

As far as the 200k thing from Brett, you're only at 117 and PTGRTS and Comics4Less have about the same amount.

I thought I had a good system a few years ago and was having the software problems you are talking about. I upgraded my tower and now the software flies. If it's not a virus slowing you down generally, there's probably a memory or processor issue.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 2:12:12 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
monidaw1 wrote:

Do you expect to directly move our existing inventories into this or will we have to regrade, price and submit all the issues again and if so should we stop uploading new items now if they want be around long and have to be redone and possibly charged for again to reload?

I think this is a great question and should be addressed. Even though I dont have a store, I would think its important to store owners. Are the stores going to migrate over to new software seamlessly and if not what will be needed? Will entire stores need to start from scratch? Or will lists be populated and just need fine tuning.

Maybe a new thread should be started just on this subject?

I seem to recall Joe saying in the Conference Call that our Store Inventories will automatically transport over to the new whatever it is. He said that they would probably have to shut the whole thing down for a little bit while it happens. I'm a little sketchy on this, if someone remembers more clearly please correct me. Confused

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 2:36:41 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

monidaw1 wrote:
I'd like to hear the boss address a few of the future plans at some point and even a hint of a time frame/due to happen date wouldn't hurt.

I tried agitating for another Conference Call but was told that they are too busy wrapping up the "finishing touches" (not a direct quote, I'm paraphrasing). So I am hoping for the end of Spring, early Summer? Pray But I'm optimistic! Angel

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

spacecitycomics
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 3:37:34 PM

freakdylan wrote:
monidaw1 wrote:

Ctrl/alt/delete keys

all at same time

That is not nice, and some of the reason that folks like
myself might think you are a jerk. Instead of being a wizeadz,
try giving some honest educated help. I personally think
that Mon has a computer issue. His unit may not be up to the
task. More ram helped my old busted POS.
CosmicAvenger
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 3:53:00 PM

Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member, Moderator

spacecitycomics wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
monidaw1 wrote:

Ctrl/alt/delete keys

all at same time

I think dylan was being helpful in this case.

Hitting ctrl/alt/dlt actually does bring up the task manager

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 4:08:16 PM

spacecitycomics wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
monidaw1 wrote:
Where would the Window's Task manager be located at?

Ctrl/alt/delete keys

all at same time

Why dont you educate yourself before you spout off at the neck HOLE! That is how you open the task manager, I do it all the time! If you hit it multiple times it will restart your computer, but notice I didnt say hit it multiple times.

So next time keep your stupid comments to yourself if you have no clue what your talking about. I was being helpful, but as always some ^&^@#(*& has to try to smash mouth me.

As per wikipedia
Quote:
Starting with Windows 3.1, the command invokes a task manager or security related component that facilitates ending a Windows session.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

spacecitycomics
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 5:44:42 PM

freakdylan wrote:
spacecitycomics wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
monidaw1 wrote:
Where would the Window's Task manager be located at?

Ctrl/alt/delete keys

all at same time

Why dont you educate yourself before you spout off at the neck HOLE! That is how you open the task manager, I do it all the time! If you hit it multiple times it will restart your computer, but notice I didnt say hit it multiple times.

So next time keep your stupid comments to yourself if you have no clue what your talking about. I was being helpful, but as always some ^&^@#(*& has to try to smash mouth me.

As per wikipedia
Quote:
Starting with Windows 3.1, the command invokes a task manager or security related component that facilitates ending a Windows session.

I stand corrected. Ignorance on my part is no bliss.
Manners on your behalf would be a blessing.
outcast
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 5:54:13 PM
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host

For those who aren't comfortable pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del, there is another method that also brings up Task Manager.

If you right-click on a blank area of the Taskbar (that's the bar, usually at the bottom of the screen, where buttons corresponding to your open windows appear; if buttons are filling your Taskbar, click just to the right of the rightmost button), a menu will pop up. Among the menu options is "Start Task Manager."

IMO (FWIW) Ctrl-Alt-Del has come a long way since its humble origins in the days of the IBM PC and PC-DOS. Where it once had serious destructive potential (particularly when saving data to a floppy disk), its effects today are generally quite benign and even beneficial. It's not that there never was reason to save the sequence for the very last resort; however, things have changed in Microsoft land.
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:58:09 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

A better system helps, no doubt. But you guys are in denial if you really think the software doesn't run slow. I have high-end PC games that take half the time to load-up initially.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 7:03:48 PM

spacecitycomics wrote:

I stand corrected. Ignorance on my part is no bliss.
Manners on your behalf would be a blessing.

I was polite, I answered a simple question with a simple to the point answer. The only time I became nasty was when you called me a jerk and a wizazz!

Back on subject though, I think thunder pointed out the system just cant handle huge inventories as per old Brett.
Oh and moon seems to have answered my question.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

canaryfarmer
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 9:47:24 PM

outcast wrote:
For those who aren't comfortable pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del, there is another method that also brings up Task Manager.

You can also just press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to go right to it.
outcast
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 10:13:30 PM
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host

canaryfarmer wrote:

Nice! Thanks for sharing the trick (which is one I hadn't learned before).
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:01:50 AM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
A better system helps, no doubt. But you guys are in denial if you really think the software doesn't run slow. I have high-end PC games that take half the time to load-up initially.

This made me check the load time with an online stopwatch.

I have 4,287 titles across the various categories it checks each time on open. From the moment I click my desktop icon to the moment the software is fully up was 2m 54s.

Also, you can set it so it doesn't automatically update on open and you only do it when you want.

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:53:19 AM

canaryfarmer wrote:
outcast wrote:

Old dog just learned a new trick, thanks :)

SwiftMann wrote:

I have 4,287 titles across the various categories it checks each time on open. From the moment I click my desktop icon to the moment the software is fully up was 2m 54s.

Almost all software slows down with how large it is, especially one that has to pull data form outside source (IE CCL) and 3 minutes for 4,037 items compared to BAMFS 117,125 I could see a drastic slow down. I think the only way to rule it BAMFS compute/internet would be to compare his results with a similar sized store.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics