Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL Stanley Cup Playoff Competition! Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 12:34:19 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The countdown to the Stanley Cup begins next week! Is anyone interested in participating in a little friendly competition?

Would it help if I said that this is going to be the prize for first place?

If there are enough people who want to play then I will post the rules and scoring system later this week.

Let me know!

Anyone can play. You don't have to know anything about hockey to win. Actually, you might even do better!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

red_k_comics
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 1:25:40 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I'm in!

Nick18313
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 7:04:16 PM

Groups: Member

red_k_comics wrote:
I'm in!

Me too.

Pull List: Aphrodite IX, Artifacts, Cyberforce, Darkness, Witchblade, All New X-Factor, All New X-Men, Magneto, Uncanny X-Men, X-Force
CosmicAvenger
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 7:47:01 PM

Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member, Moderator

Know what, Im in. I havent joined any fantasy playoff pools because im so jaded as to how I did in the regular season, but Im willing to commit to this one

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 8:05:00 PM

Shop at My Store

Awesome!

Thanks everyone. It will be easy to play. The rules/scoring are going to be pretty simple.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:44:40 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I'm a little late posting but I am in. It will give me something extra to root for since my Predators were officially eliminated last night.Rain Crying Crying Rain
Spider-Man
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 10:01:28 AM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

I'm in.

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 11:00:40 AM

Shop at My Store

OK, Great response!

The rules are simple. Whoever accumulates the most points wins. You get points for correctly picking each series. One point for a correct Round 1 prediction, 2 in Rd 2, etc. You get matching Bonus Points for correctly predicting the number of games each series takes...if the team you selected wins that series.

For example:

You Pick Toronto over Florida in 6 games. If this were Round 1 and the Maple Leafs win in 4,5 or 7 games then you get 1 point. If they win in 6 you get 2 points, one for getting the right team and one extra for getting the number of games correct.

If this was a second round match-up you would get 2 points for a Maple Leaf win in 4,5 or 7 and 4 if they win in six.

If the Panthers win you get no points, even if you correctly picked that it would end in 6 games.

So, for the first round of the playoffs you could earn a maximum of 16 points. One point for correctly predicting each series (8) and if you got the number of games right for all eight series that would be eight more points to total 16.

The second round has a possibility for you to earn an additional 16 points. Four series worth two points each (8) plus an additional eight points available if you get the right number of games in each series.

Round 3, Conference Championship, you could earn 12 points by correctly picking both series (3 points each) plus six more points by correctly picking the number of games for the winner to be decided.

Finally, Round 4 - The Stanley Cup Final. One series worth a max of eight points. Four if you get the winner right and another four if you get the length correct.

A perfect score would be 52. You can earn that by correctly picking every series and the number of games each one lasts.

I will post the Round 1 Series' on Monday, April 14th and you have until the puck drops on the first game Wednesday, April 16th to get your picks in. Once the first round is over I will post the scores and the next set of Series.

I will be competing as well and if I win Daydreaming then I will award the prize to whomever comes in second.

Everyone is invited to play and even if you are not participating I welcome you to observe and talk smack if you must.

Good luck to you all!

Hall Liquidations

CosmicAvenger
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 11:58:56 AM

woooooooo!! when can we post our picks for round 1??

CosmicAvenger
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 12:01:16 PM

haha duhhh seasons not over!! sorry for me the seedings are pretty much done, barring dallas and phoenix, even though i think dallas will take that last spot.

My bad I was too excited hah

CosmicAvenger
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 12:20:07 PM

Just to confirm, we are picking the results of the series. 1 point awarded for choosing the correct winner, and 1 more point for choosing the correct number of games in a series?

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 12:22:44 PM

Shop at My Store

Yeah, there are a couple of games left. Last day is Saturday. Everything is pretty much decided but I want to wait and post the match-ups when it is set in stone.

I'm out of town for the weekend so the earliest I can do that is Monday. Feel free to post your picks earlier!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 12:26:59 PM

Shop at My Store

CosmicAvenger wrote:
Just to confirm, we are picking the results of the series. 1 point awarded for choosing the correct winner, and 1 more point for choosing the correct number of games in a series?

Yes. And the points go up with each round. Round one picks are 1 point each, Rd 2 = 2 points, Rd 3 = 3 pts and the Finals are 4 points.

You only get the bonus points for the correct number of games in a series if the team you picked to win actually does. If you pick the wrong team but the right number of games - no points.

Hall Liquidations

scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 4:00:09 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Sure, I'm in. Now I just need to remember to put my picks in on time!

CosmicAvenger
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 4:09:54 PM

Love me some hockey. Im super pumped for the playoffs this year! Its been a great season all along, and these are making for some intriguing matchups!!

Looking forward to talking hockey with you guys!

GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 7:21:54 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

This is going to be pretty tough as I basically only watched Predator games this year but here goes:

Colorado in 6
Chicago in 7
Anaheim in 6
San Jose in 6

Boston in 7
Tampa Bay in 6
Pittsburgh in 5
Philadelphia in 7
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 8:58:20 AM

Shop at My Store

Here are the match-ups for Round 1

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Anaheim Ducks vs Dallas Stars
San Jose Sharks vs LA Kings
Colorado Avalanche vs Minnesota Wild
St Louis Blues vs Chicago Blackhawks

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Boston Bruins vs Detroit Red Wings
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Montreal Canadiens
Pittsburgh Penguins vs Columbus Blue Jackets
New York Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers

Picks must be in by Wednesday, April 16th at 6PM EST. Don't forget to say how many games you think each series will go. I won't write down everyone's picks until late Wednesday so if you want to change your initial picks you can still do that up until the puck drops on the first game. After that no alterations will be allowed.

As soon as Round 1 is over and the match-ups for Round 2 are set then I will post everyone's scores so far and the new set of series.

Good luck everyone!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 9:08:30 AM

Shop at My Store

Here are my picks:

Ducks in 6
Kings in 6
Avalanche in 5
Blackhawks in 5

Bruins in 7
Canadiens in 6
Penguins in 4
Flyers in 7

Hall Liquidations

BruceReville
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 9:44:03 AM

Groups: Member

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Anaheim Ducks (6)
LA Kings (6)
Colorado Avalanche (5)
Chicago Blackhawks (5)

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Detroit Red Wings (6)
Montreal Canadiens (7)
Pittsburgh Penguins (5)
New York Rangers (6)

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

scotteaves
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 2:54:52 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Anaheim Ducks (5)
LA Kings (7)
Colorado Avalanche (6)
Chicago Blackhawks (7)

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Boston Bruins (6)
Tampa Bay Lightning (7)
Pittsburgh Penguins (6)
New York Rangers (7) As a Devils fan, I feel dirty.