Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
avengers books Options
nacho
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 1:47:37 PM

Groups: Member

I'm trying to get back into the avengers book how are these series?

Avengers
Avengers A.I
New avengers
Avengers world
Uncanny avengers

Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 2:26:46 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

In my opinion, there are too many Avengers titles out to even start to get involved. What is it, eight or twelve, or some ridiculous amount? And now we have Avengers World and Avengers Undercover that just recently debuted.
nacho
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 4:16:14 PM

Thundercron wrote:
In my opinion, there are too many Avengers titles out to even start to get involved. What is it, eight or twelve, or some ridiculous amount? And now we have Avengers World and Avengers Undercover that just recently debuted.

wow?.....i didn't know there was a avengers undercover series

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 6:30:22 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

The Avengers books are a mess right now. I've always been a big Avengers fan, but it's really getting ridiculous. There's like 20 books, and crossover-event issues crossing over into all of them. It's like the X-Books were in the mid-90s.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Shizz
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 9:01:53 PM

I only have one on my pull, Uncanny. And it is awesome! My favorite read every month! Though it is a long read. Probably not the best time to jump on unless your willing to pick up about 10 or more back issues. It's like a major summer blockbuster that keeps on going. If you can't tell, I would definitely recommend this one.
nacho
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 10:23:10 PM

Shizz wrote:
I only have one on my pull, Uncanny. And it is awesome! My favorite read every month! Though it is a long read. Probably not the best time to jump on unless your willing to pick up about 10 or more back issues. It's like a major summer blockbuster that keeps on going. If you can't tell, I would definitely recommend this one.

I have 1-4 so far its a good read thanks for the recommondation I'll keep going on this series

Shizz
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2014 6:48:32 AM

nacho wrote:
Shizz wrote:

I have 1-4 so far its a good read thanks for the recommondation I'll keep going on this series

It starts out pretty slow. I almost dropped it, but once they finish with their weird Red Skull arc it really picks up.
Nate77
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2014 1:01:33 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
The Avengers books are a mess right now. I've always been a big Avengers fan, but it's really getting ridiculous. There's like 20 books, and crossover-event issues crossing over into all of them. It's like the X-Books were in the mid-90s.

I guess there a mess. I hate when i start reading the newest issue (Avengers) and have to check to see if i'm reading the next book or if i skipped one. I guess i need to sit down and read them all right after the other. Instead of month to month.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Pull List: Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine, Deadpool,X-Force, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman & ?, B.P.R.D., Hellboy, The Walking Dead, Super Dinosaur.
LordMikel
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2014 10:33:10 PM

nacho wrote:
I'm trying to get back into the avengers book how are these series?

Avengers
Avengers A.I
New avengers
Avengers world
Uncanny avengers

People already mentioned Uncanny, and I agree there.
I just dropped New Avengers. It is the Illuminati guys, and it is so dull.
I'm still getting Avengers. It has a lot of bouncing around. Nothing so great I would say it is a must buy. It does have the return of the Wasp.

I've not read the other two. There is also Mighty Avengers, which I also haven't read.
rook68
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2014 11:57:51 PM

Shizz wrote:

Yup. Uncanny for sure.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

Shogun684
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 10:22:03 AM

I only read Avengers, Secret Avengers, and New Avengers there all ok but wouldn't say there in my top 5.