Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
WWE Fan Council Options
fenix1977
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:27:23 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:
The Ultimate Warrior passes away at 54

Just watched him, like minutes ago on my DVR on the Hall of Fame Ceremony. Crazy.

He was the first pro-wrestler I was fan of as a kid.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-warrior-passes-away-26223975

Favorite Wrestler ever. This is very sad indeed.

Mad Bloggings

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:53:53 AM

I haven't been on here in a while, still trying to process the Undertaker losing at Wrestlemania. I know it's a scripted show, but it was like seeing a piece of my childhood die before my eyes. The Taker is supposed to win at Mania, who cares if him winning is seen as "predictable", I'm sure a large percentage of members of this site are going to go see the Spiderman, Avengers, and Ninja Turtles movies this year, and everyone knows that they aren't going to let the good guys lose yet they will all make hundreds of millions of dollars in box office money.

Daniel Bryan going over at Wrestlemania has been pretty obvious since HHH cost Bryan the title at Summerslam. Bryan winning to close Wrestlemania only served to tick me off even more after watching the Taker lose. I am predicting that by the end of the calendar year, that the "YES movement" will be over and the crowd will turn on Daniel Bryan. At least that's my hope because those chants are so freaking annoying to me.

Smackdown is coming to Nashville this coming Tuesday and I will be in attendance. Hopefully it's a decent show, all the "good" stuff seems to either happen on Raw or in a major market.
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:55:04 AM

I can't hardly believe that the Ultimate Warrior died. He was just in the ring Monday and looked better than he has in years. Just so very sad.
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 3:20:29 PM

My personal opinion on how to better handle the Undertaker. Have Taker win at Mania, causing Lesnar to flip out and demand a rematch, Taker and Lesnar cut promos against each other other the Summer. They finally have a Buried Alive match at Survivor Series. That is where Lesnar should have won and finish off the Undertaker. Taker being buried would symbolize the end of his career and it would be at the pay-per-view that he debuted the gimmick 25 years ago.

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:59:23 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I've heard rumors that he wasn't supposed to lose the Streak this year. But they had to change plans mid-match due to his concussion.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:04:36 AM

BurningDoom wrote:
I've heard rumors that he wasn't supposed to lose the Streak this year. But they had to change plans mid-match due to his concussion.

I have seen these rumors online too. But, if Taker was supposed to win all they had to do was have Brock tap when Taker locked in the Hell's Gate. Looking back at WM27 against HHH, it seemed Taker was more out of it there than he was against Brock, and that's how that match ended with HHH tapping to the Hell's Gate.

I'm sad to see the Streak broken. It's like watching your favorite super hero die and the story just ending.
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:11:11 AM

jbeeman85 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

I have seen these rumors online too. But, if Taker was supposed to win all they had to do was have Brock tap when Taker locked in the Hell's Gate. Looking back at WM27 against HHH, it seemed Taker was more out of it there than he was against Brock, and that's how that match ended with HHH tapping to the Hell's Gate.

I'm sad to see the Streak broken. It's like watching your favorite super hero die and the story just ending.

I just think it's crazy that they gave it to Brock Lesnar (if it was planned, and not a result of the concussion). He's not a consummate WWE guy. He's a guy that comes and goes as he pleases. I figured if they were gonna give it to someone, they'd give it to a guy that's loyal to WWE like Cena, Big Show, or HHH.

jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:03:18 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
I just think it's crazy that they gave it to Brock Lesnar (if it was planned, and not a result of the concussion). He's not a consummate WWE guy. He's a guy that comes and goes as he pleases. I figured if they were gonna give it to someone, they'd give it to a guy that's loyal to WWE like Cena, Big Show, or HHH.

I may have said this earlier in this forum, if so, forgive me.

The Streak, if it was to end, should have happened at one of two times. Either at Wrestlemania 21 against Randy Orton or at Wrestlemania 25 against HBK.

At WM 21, the Streak wasn't such a huge deal up to that point and was really the first time I remember it being a major part of the storyline. Randy Orton was the new, up and comer, with his Legend Killer gimmick. Orton winning would have further solidified him as a contender and wouldn't have caused major backlash since it was the first time the Streak was a big deal.

At WM 25, HBK beating the Undertaker, while upsetting, many more would accept it. Mr. Wrestlemania doing what no one else could do at Wrestlemania and beat the Streak. HBK would be seen as worthy to give the honor of defeating the Taker to and it still could have resulted in a storyline that culminated at WM 26 where HBK retired.

If Taker had lost either, or both, of these matches, Brock Lesnar winning at Mania, would still get people fired up but not nearly as heart breaking as seeing 21-0 become 21-1. Taker could have easily lost to Orton, HBK, and Lesnar and retired at 19-3 and people would be a lot happier. Mr. Wrestlemania HBK lost several matches at Mania and no one is depressed over that. Even if Taker for some reason comes back and wrestles at a few more Manias, it will not be the same since they allowed the Streak to become such a major part of him, going as far to release several t-shirts and a couple of DVDs on the subject.
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:05:14 PM

I so think the HBK match should have ended it. It was a spectacular match, and HBK would have been the perfect guy to have done it.

jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:08:18 PM

Thank God it wasn't Daniel Bryan that got to beat the Streak.

Only decent thing that would have came from that would be that the crowd would turn on him and end this ridiculous Yes movement.

5 more days until I go to a Smackdown taping at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. Party Party Dancing Dancing
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:10:58 PM

jbeeman85 wrote:
Thank God it wasn't Daniel Bryan that got to beat the Streak.

Only decent thing that would have came from that would be that the crowd would turn on him and end this ridiculous Yes movement.

5 more days until I go to a Smackdown taping at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. Party Party Dancing Dancing

They're going to, anyways. Daniel Bryan is the IWC's darling right now. And we all know how fickle and hard to please the IWC is. They'll start calling him stale soon enough, and latch on to the next superstar they think WWE is "holding down".

kidlippy
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 1:00:53 PM

About Undertaker, he's been wanting to end the streak since 2010 and to Brock Lesnar of all people. I read some rumors that he even asked both Shawn Michaels and Triple H to end the streak but they both turned it down (probably because they know they will forever get heat for ending the streak like HBK gets when he goes to Montreal and few other Canadian cities). Out of all active wrestlers, Brock and Paul Heyman might be the only ones who can handle the heat and hatred from the fans.
So Taker being pinned was indeed planned (at least I believe so).

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:25:31 PM

Quote:
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Sting has officially signed a contract with WWE.

It's showtime folks!

http://fansided.com/2014/04/10/sting-signs-wwe-deal-wrestlemania-31-rumor/#!DxIUN

Holy crap! Maybe we will see Undertaker vs. Sting! Totally marking out right now!

BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 9:30:27 PM

Jeff Jarrett and Shane Douglas both announced they were starting separate wrestling organizations to compete against WWE and TNA.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jeff-jarrett-announces-his-new-global-force-wrestling-promotion

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 6:57:22 AM

Sucks that Jarrett isn't a part of TNA anymore. I think if he still had a hand in operations that the show would be much better. I'm not so sure about starting up a whole other promotion. It may stretch the non-WWE talent a little thin. All the smaller promotions almost need to have some sort of cooperation to be able to afford to put on a show that mass audiences would want to see.

On a separate note, I'm all fired up to go to a Smackdown taping tomorrow night in my hometown of Nashville.Dancing Dancing
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 12:49:57 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
The Ultimate Warrior passes away at 54

Just watched him, like minutes ago on my DVR on the Hall of Fame Ceremony. Crazy.

He was the first pro-wrestler I was fan of as a kid.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-warrior-passes-away-26223975

It's a Warrior Tribute Show tonight on Raw.

jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:56:20 AM

Pretty good show last night. They were able to give tribute to the Ultimate Warrior without making the show depressing.

We saw the rebirth of Evolution which will probably run through the next couple of pay per views before the Shield either breaks up or finishes Evolution off.

Under 12 hours now until I will be in the arena for a Smackdown taping. Dancing Dancing
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 6:51:28 PM

Word is that the Nature Boy will be returning to Raw and Evolution this Monday (I'm sure it's not in-ring).

"Woooo!!!"

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 12:12:28 PM

So my wife was watching E! News the other night, and according to them, WWE is soon to see huge, sweeping changes to the roster. Apparantly from what my wife told me (she watches Total Divas which is why she's interested) that a large portion of the roster will be going bye-bye, including some of the Total Divas stars.

Sounds like Vince's losses a week or two back hit him harder than reports were initially saying. Makes sense, considering.

In happier wrestling news:

WWE is having an open casting call for Sting look-a-likes. Which means that contract signing he did a month or so back, is coming to fruition! We will see Sting debut soon! Rumors are pointing to as early as next week's Raw, even.

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:48:34 AM

I have always liked Sting. It stinks that he didn't come to the WWF when Vince bought WCW. I know there were some contract issues and some behind the scenes personal issues that caused Sting to never come over, but still, it would have been nice. I wonder what they are going to do with him. He can still have some decent matches, but being in his mid-50s, how much are they honestly going to do with him aside from promo segments like Hogan is doing?

On a separate note, Rollins turning on the Shield honestly shocked me when it happened. It's not too often in the WWE that a "shocking" moment is not totally obvious to me. I like it, hopefully the story keeps its momentum going and doesn't get boring.