Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Kiddie Rate? Options
Xylob
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 1:29:47 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

monidaw1 wrote:
Have you considered ... simple age verification ...

Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 1:30:59 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

Lol.. suddenly only minors subscribe to CCL... weird.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 2:22:47 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

To verify Pat's age we would have to cut him in half and count the rings! Big Grin

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Xylob
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 2:55:04 PM

monidaw1 wrote:
I think you're missing the point...
I think age verification has been asked for by numerous users for several years and CCL has gone out of their way to make it painfully obvious that it is never going to happen. Even when I asked during the conference call they quickly changed the subject and moved on to something else.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Thundercron
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 3:38:01 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I don't know of any elementary school kids who would be interested/inclined to catalog their small collection on a computer software program.
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 3:42:34 PM

Groups: Member

monidaw1 wrote:
I think you're missing the point. I've got a growing group of 4 footers buying comics who's parents aren't gong to spring for the full monthly fees version but might consider a smaller allowance level entry point. They apply to CCL for reduced membership, myself or other stores verify their approximate age. Once a year CCL changes their password until age verfication is repeated. Sounds like a fairly easy win-win situation for everyone from CCL catchingem early before they adopt the index card or Excell spreadsheet alternatives while guaranteeing someone traffics a CCL members B&M at least once a year to get their new password and show they aren't too old to qualify. Daydreaming

That seems overly complicated. An alternative would be to just make a smaller allowed DB account. So for $30 you get full access and unlimited comics. For $12 a year you get to have 1200 comics with no ability for CRs etc.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Xylob
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 5:27:01 PM

I agree that a teired approach could possibly appeal to a greater demographic.
I doubt we'll see it though...

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Xylob
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 5:28:55 PM

monidaw1 wrote:
...I've got a growing group of 4 footers buying comics...
I find this to be very surprising. I also find it encouraging, as the market is definitely dying.
I do not doubt you, but I honestly cannot remember the last time I saw anybody under the age of about 25 in a comic shop. Seriously, it's probably been at least 7 years.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

freakdylan
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 7:07:10 PM

monidaw1 wrote:
Quote:
That seems overly complicated. An alternative would be to just make a smaller allowed DB account. So for $30 you get full access and unlimited comics. For $12 a year you get to have 1200 comics with no ability for CRs etc.

It's sounds fairly simple. You let them in if a member store vouches for their age at a reduced rate. No need to rewrite the software in mass or make huge changes that anyone could take advantage of. Business's should support it if it'd bring potential customers into their business's at least once a year, hopefully more often. Keep the stores involved so they have a reason to promote the idea.

Again over complicated, so only stores can verify? What happens to the 16yo like my son who gets all his comics from me? Does he then have to hunt down a CCL seller who has a real brick and mortar store so he can be verified?

Again much simpler to have tiered memberships with no regard to age. Like my collection for example. I only personally have about 1200 comics in my collection, which means I dont need CCL's software to keep track that I have Amazing spiderman 1-700. However if they had a low tier option for $5-10 a year I would probably buy it every year just for my small collection, if not no money from me.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

freakdylan
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 8:26:43 PM

monidaw1 wrote:
Quote:
Does he then have to hunt down a CCL seller who has a real brick and mortar store so he can be verified?

Yes, simple efficient coop advertising and business building. I believe every state has member stores as either members or sellers. There should be plenty to promote the growth. Some of the convention crowd could probably be included as well so kids could get their new passwords at conventions if they're gong to be attending. I've seen some great children's costumes at the Richmond conventions. It's kind of like Halloween several times a year.

Quote:
What happens to the 16yo like my son who gets all his comics from me?

It sounds like both of you are missing out on a lot of potential comic book activities. Free Comic Book Day alone is worth taking a kid to a comic store for. Many stores I hear have lots of special activities and sales that day.

We go to comic stores, not that often since its rough on me. However none of those stores are here on CCL so your system would fail for my son and every single youth in Louisiana.

Still confused as why you are ONLY harping on a tiered system for young kids. So adults with small collections OUT, 18yo OUT, retired or broke members who cant afford a full subscription OUT. Seems like your "Youth ONLY" system would only work out for you. Ooh

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

SwiftMann
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 8:44:27 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I'm witheveryone else.

1) I don't think there's a kiddy population looking to use cataloging software.

2) I don't think there's a kiddie population looking to spend $5 a month on software of any kind.

3) This whole local store verification idea is absurdly complicated to a level that no parent or kid would bother.

4) CCL does need age verification, but for 18+ so we can stop with the censored image.

5) A tiered subscription system available to everyone would be good.

6) Your projecting incredibly unproven, unique views of what you think might make your new b&m some cash/foot traffic and thinking it should apply to everyone.

7) CCL isn't working against you if you use it to buy issues for your customers that you don't have.

8) You are already competing against the big boys of online comics. The CCL stores don't even come close to those.

9) Just put any other Superman title in your ad and stop complaining about Unchained being cancelled. People aren't going to be influenced by that dumb title over any other.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
padreglcc
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 10:16:54 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Um... monidaw1, did you delete all of your posts in this thread?

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
freakdylan
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 10:23:17 AM

padreglcc wrote:

All his posts are gone for last few days in all topics. I guess nobody wanted to play so he took his posts and went home Big Grin

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 11:17:12 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
padreglcc wrote:

All his posts are gone for last few days in all topics. I guess nobody wanted to play so he took his posts and went home Big Grin

Truly Bizarre.