Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Life Outside of Comics » My Background Artist Experience working on Turn by AMC

My Background Artist Experience working on Turn by AMC

2 pages: 1 [2]
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:30:56 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I appear in two scenes in Ep. 3. When Caleb Brewster is escaping in the rowboat I walk in front of Abe Woodhull (Jamie Bell) while toting a keg of rum. A few minutes later I walk past again without the rum. I am the Town Drunk after all!

That was a fascinating scene to be a part of. There is no water there, other than the ubiquitous ankle deep mud puddles so the piers actually jut out into a field. They have green screens set up and there was no boat escaping - everything was added in by computer.

Yet another scene I was supposed to be in seemingly ended up on the cutting room floor. It appears that I carried around a raw chicken for five hours for absolutely no reason at all. At Wits' End

Things are building up nicely, I can say that there are some riveting plot twists and turns coming up! I can't wait to find out certain things myself. I was only in scenes taking place in Setauket so I have limited knowledge of things happening elsewhere. I do know who lives and who dies but I'm not telling!
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Monday, October 06, 2014 5:38:01 PM
Shop at My Store
I'm Back!!!

Dancing Applause Big Hug Drooling Wave Blush Dancing

For some reason, I have been invited back for Turn - Season 2. So it appears that I wasn't barred from set because of "The Incident".

Just got back from Costumes. For now I am a Checkpoint Civilian. My goal this season is to not get killed off.

Did anyone watch the first season? If so, did you like it? If you didn't it's no big deal to me, I'm not the writer, or producer, or principal actor or anything so I won't be offended if someone doesn't care for it.

If you liked it on the other hand, then I will take all the credit! Laughing

I am excited to be getting back out there. More tidbits await!

Keep watching. Cool

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Monday, November 17, 2014 8:35:20 PM
Shop at My Store
They haven't been calling me as much this year as last but I still have been involved several times. The last time I got lucky and got paid Screen Actors Guild wages even though I am non-union. It seems there is a rule where they are required to have a certain amount of SAG members per day. They were short of the quota this time and since I was first in line it was all me.

Turns out SAG pay is three times what I have been getting. Dancing

Tomorrow is going to be a first for me. They called me today and asked if I could come in on short notice for a special assignment. Apparently I am going to be a stand-in for George Washington. Now, this is both good and not so good.

The good is that the pay will be phenomenal for the time I will be there. The not so good is that there's no chance of any screen time.

My understanding is that there is going to be a scene where the General is being dressed by his personal valet who should be proficient in doing so. I'm going to be the live mannequin for the guy playing the valet to practice on for a few hours beforehand so when he's actually doing it on camera it looks like second nature.

So, yeah, a guy will be dressing and undressing me and I'm getting paid for it. Laughing

More cool stories coming soon. I have a picture of me in costume but I won't be able to post it until production is finished. Don't want to get caught violating the disclosure I had to sign and end up getting kicked off the show. Angel Kiss

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Thursday, February 04, 2016 10:04:15 AM
Shop at My Store
I'm back with a vengeance! Season 3 is filming now and I have been called three times in seven days. Dancing It can be quite exhausting as the days are long but it is very rewarding in the experience that I get from it.

Going to the Sound Stage today which is cool for a variety of reasons. For one thing, it's inside so no weather worries. We get to eat with the Big Boys so the food is a notch better and there are inside bathrooms with running water and heat. Much better than the Porta-Potties at the outdoor locations. Big Grin

Here is a picture of me from last year getting photobombed by a Hessian.

Hall Liquidations

bluedevil2002
Thursday, February 04, 2016 10:48:29 AM
Groups: Member
Did you get to work any with the governor?

(As soon as I get caught up on all of my other shows, I'll track down a way to catch up on Turn.)
MoonKnight1
Friday, February 05, 2016 9:50:30 AM
Shop at My Store
bluedevil2002 wrote:
Did you get to work any with the governor?

No, I did not. Furthermore, instead of creating jobs he took a job that could have gone to someone else. Like me! Broken Heart

There's a lot of action going on. I'm not there today but they brought in dozens of stuntmen for a huge battle scene. Yesterday's shoot focused on Simcoe (the villain) going nuts and tearing the place up.

I have applied for a spot on Legends and Lies, hopefully I'll get it! Daydreaming Yes, I know it's a Bill O'Reilly production but hey - as long as the check clears...Tongue

Hall Liquidations

DivideAndConquer
Friday, February 05, 2016 2:06:53 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Loving the show. Finally caught up to Season 2. Really like the way in which they are evolving the characters. Now there were a few points in which I struggled with, no spoilers here, but the show is well defined and has a good clear objective of telling a very fascinating and under reported story of our country.

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
MoonKnight1
Friday, February 26, 2016 11:43:54 AM
Shop at My Store
What a wild week it was! Hypnotized

After hardly being used at all the first two months of production they loaded up on me in February. Predawn call times and 12+ hour days makes Howie a tired boy. Yawn

It was a ton of fun as usual (except when it wasn't) and every day was completely different than the last. One day there were only seven of us Townsfolk - four men and three women. We were in the middle of a very important scene so chances are good that I will get some screen time.

Didn't fare so well the next day. This time there were almost 100 Extras including around 40 Townsfolk. I was standing in the back over to the side and the camera could not find me at all. That day we had breakfast at 6AM and "lunch" at 5PM. It was 8 hours of standing on a muddy hillside in 38 degree temps with wind, rain and sleet pounding down on us. They did provide us with a couple of open sided warming tents that offered a tad bit of respite. Oh, and about six hours in they gave us a hot dog. Dancing

Wednesday was interesting. We started early and they were getting a lot done. The weather was nicer and for the most part we were inside anyway. The scene was inside of the town church so we even got to sit down for the most part. I should get some good face time from that, there was a trial taking place and one of the witnesses was sitting right next to me. When he gets called to the stand I look over at him as he rises and proceeds to the front. In another scene from the same trial has me walking right behind Simcoe, the villain, so chances are good that I will appear a couple times.

That was also the day that tornadoes tore through Virginia. The place that they use for filming is on the property of the State Prison so when the Tornado Watch was issued they made us all evacuate to the prison itself. There were actually two alerts, during the first one they loaded up all of the principal actors and sent them out first while we extras had to make our way down the hill to wait by the road at the bottom for more vans. While we were there the car carrying Kevin McNally (Magistrate Richard Woodhull) drove past. As they were passing by he leaned out of the window and flipped us all the bird! It was freaking hilarious - we all busted out laughing! Laughing It was obviously in jest.

He is really, really cool. On the day that there were only a few of us I approached him after we had wrapped. We are not supposed to bother the principals but the day was over and he was standing by the snack table by himself and I thought that I might not get another chance to speak to him. I told him that I had been with the production since the beginning and that it was a pleasure watching him perform.

He smiled and shook my hand saying, "It was a pleasure working with you as well." Now, I realize that he had no clue who I was but I still thought that it was just a very nice thing to say.

Well, the last day for filming is Saturday and I am not scheduled so unless I get called in for a re-shoot (doubtful, all of the scenes I was in were perfect! Big Grin ) then I am done.

Not sure when Episode 1 is coming on but I will post it here when I find out.

I have a bunch of other stories to tell, and some that I can't tell. Well, not here anyway!Silenced If anyone ever wants to get together for a beer or something I can tell you about some behind the scenes shenanigans that are not suitable to post on these boards. Call Me

It was an awesome experience again but I am a little relieved that it is over and life can return to "normal" - whatever that is.Silly

Hall Liquidations