Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Witchblade 1/2 Overstreet Fan Edition Options
darklinkinfinite
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 11:13:22 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I was looking through CCL just now and I noticed that there is a title called Witchblade: Overstreet Fan Edition with a single 1/2 issue. In addition, I noticed an entry under Witchblade (1995) for issue 1/2 variant F. Both of these refer to the same book.

I think the "Overstreet Fan Edition" title should be done away with as the indica seems more in line with putting it as part of the main Witchblade series.

The problem I am currently seeing is that it is listed as variant F of the existing Witchblade 1/2 despite it being a completely different book. I can submit an update to reflect the correct credits but I was wondering if there was a way we can differentiate this book from the other Witchblade 1/2 in the issue number or part of the non number field since its not technically a variant of the other book. Maybe keep the issue number 1/2 but add "Fan" or "Overstreet Fan" in the Non Number field.

Any suggestions would be appreciated you guys!

Thanks!
scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:56:41 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Apparently, it's already received questions about the book (both issues you mention have a 'Needs Work' tag on them) but this is the first time anyone has provided information about it.

If it has completely different content than the other 1/2 issues, it should be in a separate title. Can you confirm what it does contain? Does it include the same story as the other 1/2 issues but with additional information? OR is it completely different content?

Thanks for pointing it out and helping us clear up the questions about this issue.

SwiftMann
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:48:02 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

In addition to Scott's question, what are the exact indicias of both 1/2s?

I'm inclined to think it should be separate.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
padreglcc
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:55:20 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Separate titles would be consistent with what was done elsewhere. The Generation X #0 Fan issue is in its own title.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
darklinkinfinite
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:57:00 AM

Thanks for the reply! The Overstreet Fan Edition has completely different content than the other 1/2 issues. I believe the existing title "Witchblade overstreet Fan Edition" has the correct information regarding this book while the variant F in the Witchblade title is carrying over the information from the other 1/2 issues and so is incorrect.

Btw, how should a book with the same content plus additional content be handled? I do believe that's the case with the D & E variants of Witchblade 1/2. I saw that they currently have slightly different credits (and no writers listed) and wanted to take a closer look when I got home from work today to make sure they were properly listed.
darklinkinfinite
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:59:41 AM

SwiftMann wrote:
In addition to Scott's question, what are the exact indicias of both 1/2s?

I'm inclined to think it should be separate.

I'll look into that after work today if you still think its necessary.

And yeah, its starting to look like separate titles will be the way we go.
padreglcc
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:08:19 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

darklinkinfinite wrote:
Btw, how should a book with the same content plus additional content be handled? I do believe that's the case with the D & E variants of Witchblade 1/2. I saw that they currently have slightly different credits (and no writers listed) and wanted to take a closer look when I got home from work today to make sure they were properly listed.

Really kind of depends on the book. Sometimes, as with supplemental content, adding at a variant is fine. We do that for "Director's Cut" books. If the content is substantially changed (as opposed to just added to), I might be inclined to do a separate title.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

SwiftMann
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:47:01 AM

Shop at My Store

padreglcc wrote:
darklinkinfinite wrote:

Really kind of depends on the book. Sometimes, as with supplemental content, adding at a variant is fine. We do that for "Director's Cut" books. If the content is substantially changed (as opposed to just added to), I might be inclined to do a separate title.

In this case I'm pretty sure it's just some extra padding. Top Cow did a bunch of Wizard #1/2 mail-aways and a year or so later would do a direct market version of the same book with some extra material to get it to the standard 32 page length. Having these as variants is the way they've all been done.

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
darklinkinfinite
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:08:39 AM

yeah it looks like the additions were just character bios and nothing substantial.
padreglcc
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:10:04 AM

darklinkinfinite wrote:
yeah it looks like the additions were just character bios and nothing substantial.

If that's the case, then variants are fine.

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2014 9:28:55 AM

Shop at My Store

I'd still like to know what the indicia on this says. We can make two separate 1/2 entries in the same title.

I know the Fan edition of Generation X doesn't have an indicia at all.

On a complete side note, I hate these sub-forums. Makes finding stuff nearly impossible.