Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Gaming system Options
a_Kid_4_life
Posted: Sunday, April 27, 2014 8:14:39 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

You think you have a good system, or maybe even a great one, but is it better then this one?

https://www.facebook.com/ClevelandBrownfans/photos/a.330664220382579.79045.330654940383507/551634768285522/?type=1
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 9:41:09 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

My set-up isn't as classy looking as his, but I'm not wanting for many systems, either:

What you see in that picture:

On the first shelf, starting with on the left side of the T.V., going right and top to bottom: Sega Power Base Converter (Plays Sega Master System games on your Genesis), GameCube, Dreamcast, Nintendo 64, PlayStation (PS1), Sega Saturn, Super Nintendo, NES, Atari 2600 (since this pic was taken, I've traded in the Jr. model you see there for the classier wood-grain model)

On the smaller shelf beside it: PS2 Slim-Model, XBox (Original), Spider-Man & Super Pac-Man T.V. Games.

In-front of the shelves: Sega Genesis with a Sega CD attachment and a Pong-clone system from the 70s called The Wonder Wizard.

Not in the picture is a Nintendo Wii and XBox 360 that are hooked up in the living room. Plus there's my trusty PC.

Handhelds (also not in the pic): Game Boy (Original), Game Boy Color, GBA-SP, 3DS XL, Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color, and a Milton-Bradley Microvision from 1979.

So I'm pretty happy with my system. Though nicer-looking shelving is needed.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
a_Kid_4_life
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 11:09:24 PM

Wow! L don't know anyone with more then 3. You must have kept them as you got a newer system. Even a 2600, that is something you don't see to often. You are right you don't really need any others.
ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2014 9:28:04 PM

Groups: Member

Yeah well I don't see a Turbo Graffix 16, 3DO, or Atari Jaguar so hmm not so complete. Just kidding. Thats a pretty sweet array of systems Doom. Wish I would have held onto to mine through the years I could have given you a run for your money but you'd still win.Tthe only Sega system I ever owned was the Dreamcast and I never owned any Atari system. Besides some the old 70's systems I think the only system I've never had the chance to play is a Neo Geo. I've never even seen a Neo Geo in person. It was way out of my families price range.

Xylob
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2014 10:35:36 AM

ukblueky wrote:
Yeah well I don't see a TurboGrafx-16...
If my wife hadn't thrown out my extra, he'd have had one 3 years ago...
Sad

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2014 11:13:30 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I just sold mine last year. Along with 2 controllers and about a dozen games. Man, what a great system! There were a ton of fantastic games for that. One of my all time favorite games is Order of the Griffon on that platform.

Cadash was good, Alien Crush, all of the Bonk's, Splatterhouse, Legendary Axe...so many more. Their football game wasn't great but I did like it.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

Xylob
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2014 2:55:54 PM

I loved all the shooters on it...
SideArms,great port of R-Type, Dead Moon, Dragon Spirit.

Also, the Neutopia games were pretty damn sweet for being Zelda rip-offs.

About I year ago I broke out the TG-16 for some 90s goodness and my wife was talking smack - until she found herself helplessly addicted to Alien Crush.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
ukblueky
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2014 5:31:29 PM

Groups: Member

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I just sold mine last year. Along with 2 controllers and about a dozen games. Man, what a great system! There were a ton of fantastic games for that. One of my all time favorite games is Order of the Griffon on that platform.

Cadash was good, Alien Crush, all of the Bonk's, Splatterhouse, Legendary Axe...so many more. Their football game wasn't great but I did like it.

If we're thinking of the same football game (TV sports football or something like that). Oh my god I would get so mad at that game. Calling that game "not great" is an understatement.lol
The games I loved for the Turbo that I had were Tiger Road, Legendary Axe, Ninja Spirit, and the Bonks. Ninja Spirit and Bonk I bought on my daughters Wii but for some reason Nintendo cant get the rights to Legendary Axe or Tiger Road.

BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, May 02, 2014 11:56:44 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

ukblueky wrote:
Yeah well I don't see a Turbo Graffix 16, 3DO, or Atari Jaguar so hmm not so complete. Just kidding. Thats a pretty sweet array of systems Doom. Wish I would have held onto to mine through the years I could have given you a run for your money but you'd still win.Tthe only Sega system I ever owned was the Dreamcast and I never owned any Atari system. Besides some the old 70's systems I think the only system I've never had the chance to play is a Neo Geo. I've never even seen a Neo Geo in person. It was way out of my families price range.

There's a TON of systems out there I don't have. But I actually do have a TurboGrafx-16, forgot to mention that one.

And yeah, Neo Geo is STILL out of my price range. The amount those games go for are crazy. But I have been thinking about getting a Neo Geo CD. The games are a bit a cheaper on it. Not gonna happen any time soon, though, with my kid on the way.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here