Welcome Guest Active Topics
MoonKnight1
Friday, May 16, 2014 1:13:26 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Location: Richmond, VA
Joined: 5/24/2010 | Posts: 4,971 | Points: 21,066
Shop at My Store
Sylvester is gone. Here is one of the last pictures I took of him.


It's a little sad but not totally unexpected. He was 17 years old and had a long, happy life. This is his story.

His mother was named Myra and she was a gift from me to my mother. He was the only kitten born in her first and only litter which is somewhat unusual. Most cats have several babies at a time but he was it. He was always a little skittish, some people who knew my Mom didn't even know she had two cats because he would always hide when people came over. He would hide in the craziest places, too. On top of the fridge, inside the kitchen cabinets, in a bookshelf. You wouldn't know he was there at first and open up a drawer and he would pop out and surprise you.

At some point my Mom had to move and couldn't take him to her new place so I agreed to take him in. The first day he was at my house he bolted out of the door and disappeared. I didn't see him for weeks and assumed that he had gotten lost, or picked up by someone or killed somehow until one day when I was down in my basement. I had a load of laundry I was waiting to finish so I was sitting on my couch relaxing when he dropped out of a hole in the ceiling and nearly gave me a heart attack! My basement is half finished so he had been living up in the space between the basement and kitchen.

The basement was my man cave for a while and he would routinely drop out of the hole and scare the crap out of whoever happened to be in there with me. Quite amusing.

A couple of years ago he abandoned me and started hanging out on my friend's front porch across the street. Dan and Sarah are both restaurant people so they would come home from work at night and feed him scraps. They were really awesome to him and he is now buried in their back yard.

He was a great cat. Sad
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Hall Liquidations



Xylob
Friday, May 16, 2014 3:00:22 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Joined: 8/12/2007 | Posts: 8,571 | Points: 72,554
MoonKnight1 wrote:
...He was always a little skittish, some people who knew my Mom didn't even know she had two cats because he would always hide when people came over. He would hide in the craziest places, too. On top of the fridge, inside the kitchen cabinets, in a bookshelf. You wouldn't know he was there at first and open up a drawer and he would pop out and surprise you.

...The first day he was at my house he bolted out of the door and disappeared. I didn't see him for weeks and assumed that he had gotten lost, or picked up by someone or killed somehow until one day when I was down in my basement. I had a load of laundry I was waiting to finish so I was sitting on my couch relaxing when he dropped out of a hole in the ceiling and nearly gave me a heart attack! My basement is half finished so he had been living up in the space between the basement and kitchen.

The basement was my man cave for a while and he would routinely drop out of the hole and scare the crap out of whoever happened to be in there with me. Quite amusing...
I submit that he was in fact NOT skittish, but instead extremely good at hide and seek (and the rest of you were simply bad at it and needed to practice more).
I'm sorry for your loss, I know some people will never understand how or why an animal could be so important, but that's their own loss.
Our pets are precious, each and every one of them.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
comicscastle
Friday, May 16, 2014 4:06:54 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member
Location: New Jersey
Joined: 1/30/2008 | Posts: 15,523 | Points: 435,115
Crying


The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe


BurningDoom
Friday, May 16, 2014 7:36:47 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Location: Redding, CA
Joined: 1/5/2007 | Posts: 12,819 | Points: 61,190
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Atilla2k
Saturday, May 17, 2014 12:15:54 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Location: NY
Joined: 10/8/2007 | Posts: 1,869 | Points: 122,214
Xylob wrote:
I submit that he was in fact NOT skittish, but instead extremely good at hide and seek (and the rest of you were simply bad at it and needed to practice more).
I'm sorry for your loss, I know some people will never understand how or why an animal could be so important, but that's their own loss.
Our pets are precious, each and every one of them.


+1, From one crazy cat guy to another I'm sorry for your loss brotha. I recently lost my 13 y.o. Little Buddy from kidney & liver failure. He had a big grey heart on his left shoulder, I miss him.

MoonKnight1
Saturday, May 17, 2014 12:30:45 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Location: Richmond, VA
Joined: 5/24/2010 | Posts: 4,971 | Points: 21,066
Shop at My Store
What an awesome picture! He was a beautiful cat.
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Hall Liquidations



Atilla2k
Saturday, May 17, 2014 12:57:48 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Location: NY
Joined: 10/8/2007 | Posts: 1,869 | Points: 122,214
Thanks man, btw I'm down to 5 now...
fenix1977
Saturday, May 17, 2014 9:24:24 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Joined: 3/16/2007 | Posts: 6,864 | Points: 23,301
kidlippy
Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:30:14 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 50,770
Crying I'm sorry for you loss, MoonKnight. Like the others, I'm a cat man and had to put down quite a few over the years (most recent last summer). It's amazing how much one little life form plays such a big piece in a family be it the stupid things they do to being great companions.
And dude...you have NINE cats????? I have 3 right now (2 kittens from last summer to go with a 15 year old fart) and they all drive me crazy. Laughing

MoonKnight1
Monday, May 19, 2014 8:14:49 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Location: Richmond, VA
Joined: 5/24/2010 | Posts: 4,971 | Points: 21,066
Shop at My Store
Long story short, I live in the city and for one reason or another there are a lot of strays around.

I have two cats that live inside and seven that live outside. They're not really "my cats" so much as I'm "their human". I feed them, we've gotten them all fixed and I am able to put flea collars on five out of the seven.

What happened was an elderly neighbor of mine passed away and he had no family to take in his two adult female cats, which had never been spayed, so they ended up living in the alley behind my house and each produced a litter. I realized I was going to have to do something or very soon there would be forty cats running around. I love cats, but that's too many. My girlfriend and I, with the help of another kindhearted neighbor, rounded them all up and took them in to be spayed/neutered and then released them back behind my house.

I've been feeding them ever since then and that's been about 2+ years ago. Most of them let me pick them up but there are two holdouts that I have been working on. Soon...

The sad reality of pet ownership is that you are going to outlive them all for the most part. It's best to enjoy them and love them as much as you can while they're still around.
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Hall Liquidations



kidlippy
Monday, May 19, 2014 9:44:11 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 50,770
MoonKnight1 wrote:


The sad reality of pet ownership is that you are going to outlive them all for the most part. It's best to enjoy them and love them as much as you can while they're still around.


This is so true, my friend. Last year was the first time my son had to experience death in his life and to this day he still has a hard time when he thinks of our Mischief.

You're a good man for looking after those cats in the neighborhood. Applause Lots of people just don't give a damn and would try to get rid of those cats. Out of the past 8 cats I had since I was 7, 3 of them were strays and they were great cats. The one I have now was just a kitten that we found while camping.
MoonKnight1
Monday, May 19, 2014 9:50:18 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Location: Richmond, VA
Joined: 5/24/2010 | Posts: 4,971 | Points: 21,066
Shop at My Store
kidlippy wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:


The sad reality of pet ownership is that you are going to outlive them all for the most part. It's best to enjoy them and love them as much as you can while they're still around.


This is so true, my friend. Last year was the first time my son had to experience death in his life and to this day he still has a hard time when he thinks of our Mischief.

You're a good man for looking after those cats in the neighborhood. Applause Lots of people just don't give a damn and would try to get rid of those cats. Out of the past 8 cats I had since I was 7, 3 of them were strays and they were great cats. The one I have now was just a kitten that we found while camping.


It helps that they're all so super-awesome!
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Hall Liquidations



kidlippy
Monday, May 19, 2014 10:14:27 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Location: Peg City
Joined: 5/12/2007 | Posts: 4,182 | Points: 50,770
MoonKnight1 wrote:
kidlippy wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:


The sad reality of pet ownership is that you are going to outlive them all for the most part. It's best to enjoy them and love them as much as you can while they're still around.


This is so true, my friend. Last year was the first time my son had to experience death in his life and to this day he still has a hard time when he thinks of our Mischief.

You're a good man for looking after those cats in the neighborhood. Applause Lots of people just don't give a damn and would try to get rid of those cats. Out of the past 8 cats I had since I was 7, 3 of them were strays and they were great cats. The one I have now was just a kitten that we found while camping.


It helps that they're all so super-awesome!


So very true.
kisstour03
Monday, May 19, 2014 10:52:52 PM
Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member
Location: Canada
Joined: 12/24/2012 | Posts: 329 | Points: 987
So sorry to read this. We have four cats here and have had others pass and it's never easy. Every one of them has their own personality and leave paw prints on your heart. One of our fuzzballs is asleep on my feet as I type this. Never far away always one or two around us at all times.
Users browsing this topic
Guest

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.238 seconds.
(0.124 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241