Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Yard Sale Cha-ching!! Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 3:11:21 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Every year at the beginning of June the neighborhood where my girlfriend (Colleen) lives has a community yard sale. They print out maps of participating houses and you set up and sell whatever you want.

Last year, without even trying real hard, I took in $100 in sales. This year I tried harder and raked in 400 bucks in cash for 6 hours of work.

Cleared out a bunch of junk that was just sitting around gathering dust.

Yee-Haww!!! Party Party Kiss Big Grin Dancing

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

4saken1
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 6:08:44 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Yard sales are great! I usually invite a few friends over and we sit around drinking mimosas all day, while raking in $200-300 on average. My entire neighborhood does one for the first week of October. I missed doing it last year, but look forward to doing it again in a few months.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 8:02:03 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I'm happy you had a good day selling your unwanted stuff, but I'm disappointed by the thread. :) I was hoping you'd found something really nice -- an Action #1 or something, for $5. Rolling on the Floor
jhorsley3
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 1:37:17 AM

Shop at My Store

@tamwood - I went to a garage sale today and paid $4 total for:

X-men 210, 211, 212, 213, 222, 244
Kingdom Come 1,2,3,4
a few older 12 cent Marvels (nothing of merit)
and some others, about 25 books in all.
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 9:02:09 AM

$4?! That's a good haul.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 10:51:19 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Tamwood wrote:
I'm happy you had a good day selling your unwanted stuff, but I'm disappointed by the thread. :) I was hoping you'd found something really nice -- an Action #1 or something, for $5. Rolling on the Floor

I'm not sure what I would do if I ever came across an Action #1 for $5 at a yard sale. Don't know if I could keep a poker face and I would probably soil my trousers! Tongue

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

evilskip42
Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2014 2:55:06 PM
Groups: Member

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Tamwood wrote:

I'm not sure what I would do if I ever came across an Action #1 for $5 at a yard sale. Don't know if I could keep a poker face and I would probably soil my trousers! Tongue

Aww you could buy a pair of pants right there for a quarter!Laughing
jhorsley3
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 2:07:28 PM

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
$4?! That's a good haul.

yeah, they are not all in mint condition or anything, but not beat either. Probably in the FN range.

Had to dig through 4 plastic tubs of comics to find them.
Tamwood
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 3:04:52 PM

So, a while ago at the comic shop I work in, a guy brought in a wooden crate willed with comics. Crappy condition comics. Ratty old Archie and Richie Rich issues that we couldn't give away if we tried.

Went through them the other day with the intention of throwing them away and tossing the crate, and found a Ms. Marvel issue. I like Ms. Marvel and it wasn't stained and didn't smell like dead mouse or whatever, so I took it home.

Looked it up in the OPG to see if there was anything special about it. It's Ms. Marvel (1977) #18 ... 1st appearance of Mystique. :)