Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
WWE Fan Council Options
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:51:12 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 486
Points: 1,552
Location: Nashville, TN
I am so glad they decided to strip Bryan of the belt seeing how he's injured and all. Though it will get extremely annoying having to listen to call beach about the Authority stripping Bryan of the belt when we wasn't in the arena. The whole deal with Bryan not giving up the belt was dumb in the first place. They're acting like he's the first person to ever be forced to give up the belt. They seem to forget that HBK, HHH, Batista, Stone Cold, Edge (twice), and Cena (though Cena did finally mention it himself), have all had to give up a belt due to injury at some point in their careers.

I wonder if they're going to have a second ladder match at Money in the Bank for the actual briefcase. They have been having two ladder matches for the two separate title briefcases recently so it wouldn't be much of a stretch. In order to attempt to not spoil the shows, I try to stay away from the wrestling dirt sheets, so if this has been announced on one of those already, I am unaware of it.

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:03:45 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,557
Points: 60,404
Location: Redding, CA
jbeeman85 wrote:
I have always liked Sting. It stinks that he didn't come to the WWF when Vince bought WCW. I know there were some contract issues and some behind the scenes personal issues that caused Sting to never come over, but still, it would have been nice. I wonder what they are going to do with him. He can still have some decent matches, but being in his mid-50s, how much are they honestly going to do with him aside from promo segments like Hogan is doing?


It wasn't contract issues that was the problem then. Sting had recently become a born-again Christian. And this was when the Attitude Era was going full-out in the WWF. So Sting didn't want to join then based on personal principles. Flash-forward to today, and we have a PG-rating with WWE, and he doesn't have a problem with it's programming anymore.

And yeah, I can't believe they broke-up Shield when they were the hottest thing going in WWE right now. That just seems like a bad business move. But I do agree it was shocking, and I wasn't expecting it.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:54:51 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,557
Points: 60,404
Location: Redding, CA
WWE's housecleaning I mentioned above has begun. Some recent reported releases:

-Teddy Long
-Brodus Clay (Funkasaurus)
-Camacho
-Evan Bourne
-Yoshi Tatsu
-Drew Macintyre (which means no more 3MB)
-Curt Hawkins
-Jindar Mahal
-JTG
-Aksana

And more keep coming.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:28:08 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 11/13/2009
Posts: 1,676
Points: 152,452
Location: Indiana
I don't even know who most of these people are. And, as far as I'm concerned, they can release the entire "Divas" division, and nobody'd notice.

I understand they need to have some under-card performers. It'd be even more boring to just have the stars. In January, Randy Orton'll feud with Cena. In February, it'll be Daniel Bryan. March ... let's see. How about Kane? Ok. In March Orton'll feud with Kane. And that means in April we're back to Cena.

But I, for one, hate the gimmicks. And by gimmicks, I don't mean Daniel Bryan's YES chant, but the 3MB crap. And the Torito and Hornswaggle crap. And the dancing. And the Funkadactyls. Things like that.

You wanna call yourself CM Punk instead of Phillip Brooks? That's fine. I'd much rather have my champion called CM Punk than Phil. But just wrestle.
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2014 3:20:17 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,557
Points: 60,404
Location: Redding, CA
The Top 10 WWE Wrestlers That Would Win a Real Fight:

http://whatculture.com/wwe/10-wwe-wrestlers-win-real-fight.php

Agree with these?

Can't argue with the #1 pick, that's the last guy I'd want (banned) at me. I think we could add The Big Show to that list, too. Just getting slapped by that big of a hand would probably put you out for a day or two.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 7:00:59 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 486
Points: 1,552
Location: Nashville, TN
Pretty good show overall last night at Money in the Bank.

For some odd reason, I was thinking that the Wyatts would beat the Usos, but I was wrong. To me, it would make sense for the crazy Wyatt family to hold the belts for at least a little while.

The show last night had 2 women's matches that both actually lasted longer than 2 minutes, and were both watchable. I can't remember the last time that a pay-per-view had two women's matches.

Was I the only one that thought there was a chance during the Championship match when Kane was holding the ladder for Orton, that Kane would knock the ladder over while Orton was climbing and try to get it for himself? Speaking of Orton, he got a pretty nasty cut during the match last night and had to get 12 staples to close the wound.



BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 10:58:58 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,557
Points: 60,404
Location: Redding, CA
And Cena is the champ again, surprise.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 6:49:45 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 486
Points: 1,552
Location: Nashville, TN
I for one loved last night's Raw. I try to avoid the Wrestling spoiler sites so Jericho and AJ both returning shocked me.

I didn't care much for the Wyatts jumping Jericho but I know it is probably going to lead to a pretty big feud between Jericho and Bray. I think the promos between the two will be top notch.

Nothing against Paige, but I loved that AJ came back and took her title back on her first night back. Paige and AJ could have a great series of matches if they are given enough of a time slot on the show.

Wade Barrett is injured and out for a few months so the IC title had to be vacated. It's annoying how Michael Cole just glossed over that news like it was no big deal and just business but has been an annoying piss ant about Daniel Bryan having to give up his belt due to injury. I get that it is part of a storyline and all but there needs to be a bit of consistency.

Tamwood
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 2:58:29 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 11/13/2009
Posts: 1,676
Points: 152,452
Location: Indiana
I think the real problem was with who was entered in the MitB Briefcase match. Of the 7 (ok, 6) people competing, only 3 really had a chance at the contract: Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Dolph Ziggler.

RVD is just too old. Nobody likes Jack Swagger. Kofi is sometimes fun to watch, but he needs to work on his moves, and he's just not Upper Tier material.

SO. If Rollins wins, we know that Orton can't win the titles later. And Reigns probably doesn't win the titles, because then it's just a Shield Love Triangle for the titles. Same with Ambrose. Maybe Orton can win the titles back, but that's been done, and Ambrose/Rollins isn't near done yet.

Cena was the move obvious choice for Champ again. I think Cesaro is an interesting character, but I think he's still too raw to be CHAMP. Sheamus already has the US title, so he wasn't getting the belts. If anybody but Rollins had won the contract, Orton was a possibility, but you can't have Rollins gunning for Orton's contract when they're both Authority men. Same with Kane.
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 6:32:30 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,557
Points: 60,404
Location: Redding, CA
Tamwood wrote:
RVD is just too old.


Old he may be, but tired and worn out he isn't. That guy still keeps up a faster-pace in the ring than 3/4 of the rest of the roster.

But yeah, it's not like they're exactly pushing him to the moon, so I'm not betting on him, either.

R.V.D. feels like that one guy from the Attitude Era that would have gotten big if he just got that one right push, but never did. Sure, he was TNA champ, but come on, that really doesn't mean much in the long-run. And yeah, he was ECW champ, too, and that's great. But in the big picture, that title just doesn't mean as much as a WWE or WCW title.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Tamwood
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 8:07:42 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 11/13/2009
Posts: 1,676
Points: 152,452
Location: Indiana
Really? A faster pace than 3/4 of the roster? Are you sure you're not watching old ECW matches on VHS instead of anything on current telly?

RVD is old. He's slow. Watch his "rolling somersault into the flip from the corner" move. Herky-jerky roll, where he stand up, stops, jump, has to spend 5 minutes balancing himself on the other guy's legs, and THEN flips the guy over. I mean, really.

I dunno if he's just finally sober and not stoned for most of his matches, or what, but he's not the same guy. Of course, I was never really that impressed with him in the first place.
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 11:10:38 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,557
Points: 60,404
Location: Redding, CA
Tamwood wrote:
Really? A faster pace than 3/4 of the roster? Are you sure you're not watching old ECW matches on VHS instead of anything on current telly?

RVD is old. He's slow. Watch his "rolling somersault into the flip from the corner" move. Herky-jerky roll, where he stand up, stops, jump, has to spend 5 minutes balancing himself on the other guy's legs, and THEN flips the guy over. I mean, really.

I dunno if he's just finally sober and not stoned for most of his matches, or what, but he's not the same guy. Of course, I was never really that impressed with him in the first place.


I guess we are watching different matches then. But I see that guy landing Rolling Thunders, drop-kicks, flips, and bouncing off the ropes all the time. I admit he's not as fast as he used to be. But there are few guys in WWE that still has that style RVD has.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, July 03, 2014 12:45:13 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 11/13/2009
Posts: 1,676
Points: 152,452
Location: Indiana
I think a lot of the "old guard" needs to go. Retire, or maybe form the Old Geezers of Wrestling Federation or something. Not that a lot of the "younger" crowd is all that much better, but...

The younger guys need to be given a bigger push, and there are a LOT of younger guys that I think have a good foundation at being the future of Professional Wrestling.

The Usos, Dolph Ziggler, Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns, CM Punk if he can grow up and stop taking his ball and going home, Cesaro, Fandango (despite the horrible gimmick), Daniel Bryan, the Wyatt Family, etc.

And some of these younger wrestlers have a good shot, if they can get over bad gimmicks. Ryback and Curtis Axel, Cody Rhodes (Golddust was done a while ago, but I really think Cody could do well with a solid push), Damien Sandow, etc.

RVD is done. Kane is done. Triple H is done. Sting (if he ever decides to show up) is done. Undertaker was done a few years ago, and they just kept proping his corpse up for Wrestlemania every year.
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 11:11:25 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,557
Points: 60,404
Location: Redding, CA
Free preview of the WWE Network until the 14th!

Also, Bret "The Hitman" Hart is supposed to be on Raw next week.



***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 11:51:44 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 486
Points: 1,552
Location: Nashville, TN
BurningDoom wrote:
Free preview of the WWE Network until the 14th!


Since this week is a free preview week, it would be nice if the WWE would give me one week credit on my network subscription. I know that that's not going to happen, just saying I shouldn't have to pay for what's currently free to anyone with an e-mail address. Oh well, the Network is pretty awesome and a great deal even if you only get it for the pay-per-views.

One hint though, on the live streaming shows, in order to avoid frequent loading, I suggest waiting about 2 minutes after the show starts and selecting "watch from the beginning." I haven't had any "buffering" type issues doing it that way.

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 11:53:12 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,557
Points: 60,404
Location: Redding, CA
jbeeman85 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Free preview of the WWE Network until the 14th!


Since this week is a free preview week, it would be nice if the WWE would give me one week credit on my network subscription. I know that that's not going to happen, just saying I shouldn't have to pay for what's currently free to anyone with an e-mail address. Oh well, the Network is pretty awesome and a great deal even if you only get it for the pay-per-views.

One hint though, on the live streaming shows, in order to avoid frequent loading, I suggest waiting about 2 minutes after the show starts and selecting "watch from the beginning." I haven't had any "buffering" type issues doing it that way.


I used my free week trial when it first started. The first couple of days, there were HUGE buffering issues. But after those first couple of days, it seemed to smooth out.

They're back again?

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 12:05:40 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,557
Points: 60,404
Location: Redding, CA
Tamwood wrote:
I think a lot of the "old guard" needs to go. Retire, or maybe form the Old Geezers of Wrestling Federation or something. Not that a lot of the "younger" crowd is all that much better, but...

The younger guys need to be given a bigger push, and there are a LOT of younger guys that I think have a good foundation at being the future of Professional Wrestling.

The Usos, Dolph Ziggler, Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns, CM Punk if he can grow up and stop taking his ball and going home, Cesaro, Fandango (despite the horrible gimmick), Daniel Bryan, the Wyatt Family, etc.

And some of these younger wrestlers have a good shot, if they can get over bad gimmicks. Ryback and Curtis Axel, Cody Rhodes (Golddust was done a while ago, but I really think Cody could do well with a solid push), Damien Sandow, etc.

RVD is done. Kane is done. Triple H is done. Sting (if he ever decides to show up) is done. Undertaker was done a few years ago, and they just kept proping his corpse up for Wrestlemania every year.


I agree, in concept. The young guys should be pushed more.

But I also can see WWE's reasoning. Today's Superstars just don't have that same talent that the stars of the 80s and Attitude Era did. They certainly don't have the charisma or mic-skills to hold a crowd's attention and manipulate their emotions, like those old stars did.

However part of that is WWE's fault. They just keep churning out these cookie-cutter characters from their development territory and make them robots that just do as Vince says. Back in the day, the stars were given a basic outline, and then they'd infuse their own attitude into it.

So because of that, to draw in the numbers, they have to pull those old, loved, charismatic stars back for WrestleMania, because CM Punk, Cena, Daniel Bryan, etc.; as much as the new generation loves them, they just aren't pulling in the same numbers or crowd as the old generation had.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 3:20:05 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 486
Points: 1,552
Location: Nashville, TN
BurningDoom wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Free preview of the WWE Network until the 14th!


Since this week is a free preview week, it would be nice if the WWE would give me one week credit on my network subscription. I know that that's not going to happen, just saying I shouldn't have to pay for what's currently free to anyone with an e-mail address. Oh well, the Network is pretty awesome and a great deal even if you only get it for the pay-per-views.

One hint though, on the live streaming shows, in order to avoid frequent loading, I suggest waiting about 2 minutes after the show starts and selecting "watch from the beginning." I haven't had any "buffering" type issues doing it that way.


I used my free week trial when it first started. The first couple of days, there were HUGE buffering issues. But after those first couple of days, it seemed to smooth out.

They're back again?


The pay-per-views have had some buffering issues when I tried watching them "live." I guess since so many are on at the same time maybe? I just wait a minute and start from beginning. I'm only a minute behind actual live TV, not far enough behind to get a spoiler or anything.
The buffering issues may have been 100% cleaned up now, I just wait as a precaution and to avoid possible annoyance more than anything.

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 3:31:38 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,557
Points: 60,404
Location: Redding, CA
jbeeman85 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Free preview of the WWE Network until the 14th!


Since this week is a free preview week, it would be nice if the WWE would give me one week credit on my network subscription. I know that that's not going to happen, just saying I shouldn't have to pay for what's currently free to anyone with an e-mail address. Oh well, the Network is pretty awesome and a great deal even if you only get it for the pay-per-views.

One hint though, on the live streaming shows, in order to avoid frequent loading, I suggest waiting about 2 minutes after the show starts and selecting "watch from the beginning." I haven't had any "buffering" type issues doing it that way.


I used my free week trial when it first started. The first couple of days, there were HUGE buffering issues. But after those first couple of days, it seemed to smooth out.

They're back again?


The pay-per-views have had some buffering issues when I tried watching them "live." I guess since so many are on at the same time maybe? I just wait a minute and start from beginning. I'm only a minute behind actual live TV, not far enough behind to get a spoiler or anything.
The buffering issues may have been 100% cleaned up now, I just wait as a precaution and to avoid possible annoyance more than anything.


Oh, okay. I wasn't watching live PPVs. I was watching past PPVs and Raws.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 4:00:20 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,557
Points: 60,404
Location: Redding, CA
Just reminding everyone that today is that date Sting Tweeted.



I wouldn't miss Raw if you're a Sting or WCW fan, tonight.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.280 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231