Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who wins the 2014 World Cup?
Choice Votes Statistics
Brazil 1 11%
Argentina 3 33%
Spain 0 0%
USA 2 22%
Portugal 0 0%
Germany 2 22%
England 0 0%
France 0 0%
Other Country - please elaborate 1 11%

World Cup 2014 - Which Country Brings It Home? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:34:00 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Who do you like in the 2014 World Cup of Football?

Brazil and host country Argentina are big favorites. Can you count out perennial European powerhouses like Spain, England, Germany and even Portugal?

The USA usually threatens but falls flat at some point. Could a Dark Horse emerge like France, Columbia, Italy, Netherlands, Cote d'Ivoire or Japan?

Are you going to be watching? Who do you think will win?

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

comicscastle
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 5:10:20 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

My money's on Greenland, but since I couldn't care less I'm probably wrong.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 5:11:52 PM

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
My money's on Greenland, but since I couldn't care less I'm probably wrong.

Don't sell Greenland short. Their Forwards are quite striking. Don't Tell Anyone

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

lbej
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:36:30 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

I will watch every match I can; I have a lot of time on my hands these days. I'll take Die Mannschaft--Mesut Ozil looks like Gollum and you know how fast Gollum is.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:49:46 PM

Shop at My Store

Hi Lee, good to see you!

Germany is always a serious contender it seems. They will certainly pose a challenge for whatever team they face.

Yeah, Gollum is fast - but he is also easily distracted. My precious!!!!

Hall Liquidations

lbej
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:22:52 AM

Really I'll be happy as long as Portugal loses. If I don't have to look at Cristiano Ronaldo's stupid face past the group stage it'll be the best World Cup ever.

lbej
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 4:01:46 PM

So much for the defending champs! Spain had their hearts ripped out of their chests today and I can't believe they'll recover. 5-1 Netherlands? I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't watched it, but it could have easily been six or seven for Holland, and Spain didn't deserve the penalty kick they scored on. 5-1 doesn't even capture the humiliation Spain must be feeling.

icarus201
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 4:32:31 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Brazil had a twitchy start last night, with some help from the Referee. I wouldn't look further past them as host nation, or Argentina. My boys (England) to surprise everyone and reach the Quarter-Finals.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2014 1:06:38 PM

Shop at My Store

Mexico got jobbed out of a couple of goals. I think they should tweak or eliminate the offsides rule. It would make for a higher scoring and more exciting game.

Spain has a tough road ahead if they want to repeat. Not happening. Not Talking

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2014 1:08:28 PM

Shop at My Store

icarus201 wrote:
Brazil had a twitchy start last night, with some help from the Referee. I wouldn't look further past them as host nation, or Argentina. My boys (England) to surprise everyone and reach the Quarter-Finals.

Brazil scored all four goals in that match. The one against was an own goal! Laughing

It's tough playing against the other team and the refs. Tongue

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:54:05 AM

Shop at My Store

USA finally defeats Ghana! Next up Portugal sans Pepe for his unfortunate head butt.

We're beat up too but have to find some way to get over on Portugal. There's little chance of defeating Germany so they have to earn at least a point in Sunday's match.

Sorry about your boys, Icky. Sad They had a few chances late but just couldn't convert. Uruguay should be a little easier.

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:11:42 AM

Shop at My Store

lbej wrote:
Really I'll be happy as long as Portugal loses. If I don't have to look at Cristiano Ronaldo's stupid face past the group stage it'll be the best World Cup ever.

How did you like the score in that game, Lee?

Hall Liquidations

lbej
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2014 5:41:40 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
lbej wrote:

How did you like the score in that game, Lee?

It was fantastic. Ronaldo looked like he was about to cry.

I can't figure out Group G. USA beat Ghana with two of our best players injured and then today that same Ghana team played Germany to a draw (in the best match I've seen so far). We get Portugal tomorrow and who knows? Since we beat Ghana we should beat Portugal, so we probably won't.

lbej
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2014 5:48:47 PM

Poor Cristiano must have had to spend an extra hour looking at himself shirtless in the mirror to get over the loss.

lbej
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2014 5:55:55 PM

Germany still look like the best team to me. There's something about Brazil I don't like...I think the stage is going to prove too big for them. But if Messi is going to be channeling Maradona I can't bet on anyone against Argentina. They should have two losses and instead they have two wins. This has been a great tournament so far, although maybe I'm just starved for any sport that's not baseball.

lbej
Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2014 6:57:28 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2014 11:11:06 AM

Shop at My Store

So close! If you had told me before this match that it would be a 2-2 tie I would have been alright with that. However...

Tough German team coming up. Anxious Nailbiting

Hall Liquidations

lbej
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2014 2:43:26 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
So close! If you had told me before this match that it would be a 2-2 tie I would have been alright with that. However...

Tough German team coming up. Anxious Nailbiting

I don't like our chances. We need to play to keep it close, stay disciplined, and hope Portugal tie or beat Ghana (but not by much). World Cup math is hard.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2014 3:31:57 PM

Shop at My Store

The way things have been going I wouldn't be surprised if Ghana outright beats Portugal. Pray

Hall Liquidations

lbej
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2014 10:05:09 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
The way things have been going I wouldn't be surprised if Ghana outright beats Portugal. Pray

I wouldn't either; Ghana looked terrific against Germany. Ironically, Ronaldo may be the man who saves the US. He's a preening schmoe, but there's no one in the world who's better on the counterattack, and Ghana like to push and leave themselves open to the counter. Portugal would have to win big to edge the US even if we lose to Germany, but Ghana's much closer in goal differential. We need Ronaldo to show why (he thinks) he's the best player in the world. And then get hit by a bus.