Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Hmmm....that reminds me....

Thundercron
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 12:59:27 PM

Shop at My Store

Which leads me to....

Both of which are in the database as Spanish editions of their English counterparts.
jhorsley3
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 1:56:06 PM

Shop at My Store

and the plot thickens...
Xylob
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2014 4:31:59 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

It was the chupacabra.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
sgriffin
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 9:29:34 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Policies, Member, Subscriber

Those were discussed at the time they originally came out, and like the Klingon issue, it was decided that they were produced for the English speaking (possible bilingual) market. Essentially, they were a stunt. They're a completely different beast from a German reprint done for the German market.

Megalomaniac Extraordinaire
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:14:01 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

So, should I submit a CR for this?

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:25:24 PM

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
So, should I submit a CR for this?

I'd say yes. You never know when a lightbulb might go off somewhere.

jhorsley3
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:21:01 PM

Shop at My Store

Yes. I still say every variant should be cataloged. Even Newsstand ones. :)
freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:54:15 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Thundercron wrote:
The German language edition for Hulk #181 is in the database. I had a slabbed copy that I sold here on CCL.

Big Grin

Great comic, sucks it was slabbed heeeheee

SwiftMann wrote:
From my perspective, this shouldn't be added based on the current approvers stance. The Approvers recently discussed this (based on me pushing for it) and it was an overwhelming no. My understanding of the English-language aspect isn't based on the cover title but the contents.

And if we do allow it, I think it needs to be a separate title. Of course I think the Australian and British price differences should be separate titles instead of variants.

During this discussion what did Joe say? Or was he not involved? I always find it funny when customers or stores ask for something that will help them buy/sell more the "Staff" here always have some excuse why it cant be done, and then blame Joe, and how he doesnt want it. Yet then they have discussions about it. How is that possible? If you only go by the word of GOD (Joe being god here) then why discuss it with out him? If you would have come to the conclusion they should be added you would then invoke the "Joe doesnt want it catch phrase".

Look Joe isn't here, odds are he would never ever ever see this thread unless someone links it on facebook. If you are all lemmings who only do exactly as Joe says then don't discuss things. You should instead simply make a copy/paste reply for all questions that are pertaining to the growth of CCL or making things better for buyers/sellers.

here is an example and feel free to use it:

Thanks you member/store owner/customer for your question. As one of the illustrious volunteers here on CCL I would love to help you get this fixed/answered. However! The owners of this website who abandoned it several years ago for another galaxy far far away have made the rules very clear and we as volunteers can not change this. So while your question may or may not be a good one, I can not read it due to it pertaining to the growth/expansion of CCL and might actually make this a better place.

So in conclusion while I might or might not have read or fixed your problem please feel free to continue using our forum. We have a great "NHL" section as well as a "Recent Comic Book Pickups" section where you can show off that great title you bought elsewhere because we refuse to add it! Again thank you and please don't forget our motto:

Quote:
Comic Collector Live is designed with the collector in mind. Unless your collecting habits differ from ours then we highly suggest Ebay

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:12:12 PM

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
The German language edition for Hulk #181 is in the database. I had a slabbed copy that I sold here on CCL.

Big Grin

Great comic, sucks it was slabbed heeeheee

SwiftMann wrote:
From my perspective, this shouldn't be added based on the current approvers stance. The Approvers recently discussed this (based on me pushing for it) and it was an overwhelming no. My understanding of the English-language aspect isn't based on the cover title but the contents.

And if we do allow it, I think it needs to be a separate title. Of course I think the Australian and British price differences should be separate titles instead of variants.

During this discussion what did Joe say? Or was he not involved? I always find it funny when customers or stores ask for something that will help them buy/sell more the "Staff" here always have some excuse why it cant be done, and then blame Joe, and how he doesnt want it. Yet then they have discussions about it. How is that possible? If you only go by the word of GOD (Joe being god here) then why discuss it with out him? If you would have come to the conclusion they should be added you would then invoke the "Joe doesnt want it catch phrase".

Look Joe isn't here, odds are he would never ever ever see this thread unless someone links it on facebook. If you are all lemmings who only do exactly as Joe says then don't discuss things. You should instead simply make a copy/paste reply for all questions that are pertaining to the growth of CCL or making things better for buyers/sellers.

here is an example and feel free to use it:

Thanks you member/store owner/customer for your question. As one of the illustrious volunteers here on CCL I would love to help you get this fixed/answered. However! The owners of this website who abandoned it several years ago for another galaxy far far away have made the rules very clear and we as volunteers can not change this. So while your question may or may not be a good one, I can not read it due to it pertaining to the growth/expansion of CCL and might actually make this a better place.

So in conclusion while I might or might not have read or fixed your problem please feel free to continue using our forum. We have a great "NHL" section as well as a "Recent Comic Book Pickups" section where you can show off that great title you bought elsewhere because we refuse to add it! Again thank you and please don't forget our motto:

Quote:
Comic Collector Live is designed with the collector in mind. Unless your collecting habits differ from ours then we highly suggest Ebay

Man, this is funny. I needed a good laugh today.
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:13:48 PM

freakdylan wrote:

Off topic but:
+1 on that NHL section!! Big Grin Big Grin
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:54:57 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

jbeeman85 wrote:
freakdylan wrote:

Off topic but:
+1 on that NHL section!! Big Grin Big Grin

Yess!!!! Dancing Party Laughing

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:38:40 PM

All kidding aside I would like to compare this discussion with a recent problem I faced with a few comics. I had a few higher priced books listed on ebay recently (around the $600 area) but just pulled them. The problem was even though they are $600 books, they are extremely rare books and most buyers want them in 9.8 grade. So as much as I hate CGC I pulled them to have graded? Why you ask, well because its what the customers want and it made the most financial sense. Right now they are (in my opinion) 9.6-9.8 and worth $600 all day, however if graded by CGC at 9.6 they become $750 books and 9.8 closer to $1200.

So I put all personal feelings aside about my hatred for slabbing books and did it, since every single prospective buyer I have had has inquired about possible CGC grade. Plus the extra money will be nice.

Its never about what you collect, or what you want, its always about what the customer wants. I buy all the German reprints, even non Spidey ones, yet the only one I can search for here is the Hulk #181. So guess where I buy the rest from??? Any where but here because that option isnt available to me or my money.

Now I know it's a dead horse but CCL really is my favorite place to shop, and it really sucks having to go elsewhere to find books.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics