Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Original Sin Options
rook68
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2014 11:59:56 PM

Groups: Member

Okay so I just made Watcher after posting 500 posts. I hated the Large Noggin title so Watcher is a welcomed title. Making Watcher reminded me of the current run of stories about the death of the Watcher, Original Sin. Is anybody reading this story?

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

kidlippy
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2014 3:32:53 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I am. I'm really enjoying it so far. The last issue shocked me about Nick Fury and how close to Spider-Man might not possibly be around.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

SwiftMann
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2014 10:14:22 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Is there a point to it? Because all I got from the original solicits was "Who Shot the Watcher?" And as big a What If fan as I am, that doesn't make me care. I haven't paid attention to more recent solicits to see what the story is about (if anything).

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2014 11:37:23 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

The only real repercussions I see are:

SPOILERS (Possibly)

Ok. So, whoever killed The Watcher stole his eyes, which contain the secrets of the universe. The Orb had one, and used it to reveal a number of secrets to people ... like revealing to Thor that his pappy had a daughter (Angela). And evidently, Tony Stark had something to do with the Gamma Bomb that turned Bruce into a giant green rage machine. Things like that.

So, there could possibly be some repercussions in the MU, but like every other event in the company's history, it's largely pointless.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2014 11:37:32 PM

I've stopped caring about marvel altogether. i'm catching up on spider-man and if the return sucks I'm through with em all together. the annual big events are not worth my money. unless they've pulled their heads outta their third point of contact.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

ratrapp
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 11:47:29 AM

it's better than that age of ultron crap,but that's not saying much.i was hesitant to pick this up but it's readable.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 12:05:43 PM

whats this event about?

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 12:08:24 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

ukblueky
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 1:27:52 PM

I haven't bothered with a Marvel "event" since Seige. I think someone needs to explain to Marvel (or any comic publisher for that matter) that having an "event" for the sake of having one is not a good idea. It only cheapens the notion of it. If you don't have a great idea for one or if the "event" doesn't really have anything to say or add to the mythos then don't do it.

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 2:17:47 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

BurningDoom wrote:
Bored with it.

I was enjoying it till issue 5 came out which essentially makes Nick Fury out to be the most amazing man to ever walk the face of the earth. As if he single-handedly stopped more Global threats than all of the Avengers combined.

Gimme a break.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
rook68
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:10:54 AM

From the comments I have read from you guys. It's another event I am glad I am passing on. Marvel definitely needs to chill with the events and crossovers. They need to concentrate on their single titles instead and focus more on the individual characters of that book. I am thinking the next big event is the death of Wolverine. Oh boy.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 10:03:30 AM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

As far as events go though, I think Original Sin (so far) is one of the better ones to come along in the last little while.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
crackerjack1
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:48:54 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

This has been one of the best event stories they have done in a while. Deodato's art is awesome too!

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Figment, Original Sin, Super Secret Crisis War, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT: Turtles in Time

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants