Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Mycomicshop.com / Lone Star Comics SUCKS! Options
freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 4:04:04 PM

Groups: Member

frozilla wrote:
Again, I must caution anyone that doing business with MCS is akin to snake handling. You may get through several attempts but eventually you'll get bit. And when MCS bites, they're highly poisonous. Stay away.

That can pretty much be said for any seller. I have ordered from MCS on numerous occasions, and had bad issue once. However as you said it is the exception not the norm.

How many sellers here went MIA (CuriousGoods)? Yea some people got what they ordered but others got screwed.

I just got in a NearMint copy of TMNT #2 from Mile High and guess what not even close to VF condition so dealing with that snake bite as I type.

Placed an order on Dreamland 2 weeks ago and after 3 unanswered emails and zero shipment had to file paypal claim today. So another snake bite, but never had issue before.

Everything is good until it goes bad :)

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

frozilla
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 11:21:22 PM

True, everything is good until it goes bad. However, from quite a few reviews and my own personal experience, MCS has already gone bad and is staying that way.

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2014 10:21:14 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

RottenArsenal wrote:
Tamwood wrote:
Nick18313 wrote:
RottenArsenal, What's a warehouse monkey?

I am. Several times over.

A warehouse monkey is the peon whose job is to work in a warehouse, usually in a non-managerial position. So said, because you could probably train a monkey to do the job better than 99% of the humans working in said warehouses. (I'll let you judge if I'm the 1% of warehouse monkeys better than a primate.)

Yep. I was a MCS/Lone Star warehouse monkey myself until they realized my comic knowledge was better than most of the other people that worked there.

My first job in "The Business" was as a warehouse monkey at Brett's Comic Pile. It became quickly apparent that my comic book knowledge was far superior Nerd to the other chimps, I mean chumps and before long I was Shipping Manager.

Look, I'm not going to say anything bad about those guys because most of them either were or still are my friends. Great people, just limited in their comic book knowledge. For example, one dude couldn't tell the difference between New Teen Titans v1 and v2. I told him an easy way to tell (besides simply looking at the date) is that Dick Grayson is Robin in volume 1 and Nightwing in volume 2. He just gave me this blank stare like I was speaking in tongues or something. Tongue

Sorry to get off topic, just thought I'd share. Big Grin

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

rook68
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2014 11:38:24 PM

I have ordered from My Comic Book Shop more than a dozen times. I have never had any issues myself personally with them. But there is always risks ordering from anyone.; and it only takes that one bad experience.
I have ordered from dealers on CCL and got burnt. Those dealers I will never bad mouth on the message boards but they will also never get my business ever again.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

Xylob
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2014 8:45:07 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

rook68 wrote:
I have ordered from My Comic Book Shop more than a dozen times. I have never had any issues myself personally with them. But there is always risks ordering from anyone.; and it only takes that one bad experience.
I have ordered from dealers on CCL and got burnt. Those dealers I will never bad mouth on the message boards but they will also never get my business ever again.
"bad mouthing" and making a statement of fact are not necessarily the same thing. Hopefully you at least left feedback that accurately described your experience so others can benefit from it?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Atilla2k
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2014 2:41:30 PM

rook68 wrote:

I've ordered from them for 12 years.

& as previously stated nobody has a problem with anybody until there's a problem...

They screwed up & not only refused to make it right they bad mouthed me and banned me because they screwed up, & I could easily make a new account but I will never order from them ever again. I urge everyone who reads this to never order from them again!

SwiftMann
Posted: Saturday, July 05, 2014 10:00:57 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Atilla2k wrote:
They screwed up & not only refused to make it right they bad mouthed me and banned me because they screwed up...

And when it comes right down to it, this is why I'm put off. I made three orders from them in about 6 months. $100, $150 and the last one nearly $300.

The warehouse guys don't have a clue what they are doing and sent wrong variants all three times. I sent two polite e-mails indicating the errors (one each with the first and third order) and made only one return (with the third order). The second e-mail got me banned before I even made the return. That's complete b.s. I got my money back, but (and I just realized this as I write this) didn't get the $5 shipping back.

Anyone can run a business the way they want, I just hope it bites them in their righteous a$$ soon.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2014 10:49:52 AM

SwiftMann wrote:
Anyone can run a business the way they want, I just hope it bites them in their righteous a$$ soon.

+1!

DRUMCZAR
Posted: Sunday, July 06, 2014 9:25:23 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
bovard wrote:
"Orders can't be changed after they're processed"

A fairly reasonable policy, in some circumstances. I would say the policy was put in place so when a buyer makes a purchase, and MCS packages it and are ready to ship or already have shiped, and then the same buyer places another order soon after the first (hours/days), and then wants that order included with the shipping of the first. That happens alot. But if you pack and ship quickly, you can see the problem.

HOWEVER - parroting policies does nothing to solve problems. It does nothing to help the customer, and is poor business practice. And, in no way resembles customer service.

AND - What about when they (MCS) screw the order up in the first place... missing books, wrong variants, miss graded... etc.

As Frozilla mentioned, a lot of orders reallly do get built around one or two books that the buyer really wants, and if they can't be delivered as expected, then it can be a deal breaker for the whole order.

As a buyer, I want the order I placed, and if part of it is missing, or not as described, then I might not want any of it, and would expect full refund.

I actually have an order right now, for which I can't find one of the books. This does not usually occur, as I keep really close track of everything, but I'm not perfect, and it can happen once in a while. I offered the customer a replacement, or they can recieve a refund for the one missing book, or can get a refund for the whole order. However they want to handle it is fine with me.

Giving the customer a multitude of options to fix the problem is key. Hard for things to turn out badly when a seller does this.

100% AGREE

EVERYTHING IS 30% OFF!!!

FREE SHIPPING (US Only) STARTS AT $20(Media) / $30 (Priority)
(US Orders only)

ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS GET FREE INSURANCE & TRACKING!!!

SHOP AT MY STORE - - ADC'S COLLECTION!

I AM HIGHLY COMMITTED TO MAKING IT ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

BALTIMORE RAVENS SUPERBOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

GO RAVENS !!!
ratrapp
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 5:34:55 AM

I've never had a problem with them.i've ordered a few times on there ebay store.my orders have always been small(less then $30)and were mostly filler issues not higher priced variants or silver age books.don't get me started on comic supply though.
RottenArsenal
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 3:30:26 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

My first job in "The Business" was as a warehouse monkey at Brett's Comic Pile. It became quickly apparent that my comic book knowledge was far superior Nerd to the other chimps, I mean chumps and before long I was Shipping Manager.

Look, I'm not going to say anything bad about those guys because most of them either were or still are my friends. Great people, just limited in their comic book knowledge. For example, one dude couldn't tell the difference between New Teen Titans v1 and v2. I told him an easy way to tell (besides simply looking at the date) is that Dick Grayson is Robin in volume 1 and Nightwing in volume 2. He just gave me this blank stare like I was speaking in tongues or something. Tongue

Sorry to get off topic, just thought I'd share. Big Grin

Don't get me wrong... some of those monkeys were complete morons. However, some of those guys were intelligent and fun and are still friends of mine to this day. Man... we had some fun when we weren't under the watch of the fiery eye of Buddy. Once we took a copy of Spawn or some other worthless '90's book and faked McFarlane's signature. But we decided to not waste time trying to get that passed through and instead just threw it around the room until it was completely destroyed.
RottenArsenal
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 3:41:19 PM

OOOH! OOOH! Hot of the press new info. I took in a couple of buy/trade orders last week. Here are three fabulous bits of fun I dealt with:

1) the due date on the invoice I printed out and included in the box was for Monday. Apparently, the date on their email was Sunday. Of course, they aren't open on Sunday anyway, so it should have been Monday anyway, but they tried to cancel the order because it didn't get there "on time." I pointed that they had the order on the premises and that their dates didn't match and they reinstated it.

2) About a month ago, I accidentally bought 2 copies of the same Books of Magic TPB. They were different printings and grades, so they were easily identifiable. I included one that they graded and sent me as "VF" (which came right out of their shipping box and into a longbox until I sent it back). Oddly enough, they graded it "FN." Apparently, MCS is like a car dealership in that comics immediately drop a grade upon leaving the warehouse.

3) I sent 8 copies of one of the old Dark Horse Presents that were those oversized/newspaper sized folded down the middle things. To try and ship them without screwing them up, I put them flat on the bottom of the box. They claim they didn't receive them, which likely means that whatever warehouse monkey unpacked the box just completely ignored those comics and I can only guess that they were thrown away.

I'm impressed. They keep finding new ways to piss me off.
bovard
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 4:11:21 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

RottenArsenal wrote:
OOOH! OOOH! Hot of the press new info. I took in a couple of buy/trade orders last week. Here are three fabulous bits of fun I dealt with:

1) the due date on the invoice I printed out and included in the box was for Monday. Apparently, the date on their email was Sunday. Of course, they aren't open on Sunday anyway, so it should have been Monday anyway, but they tried to cancel the order because it didn't get there "on time." I pointed that they had the order on the premises and that their dates didn't match and they reinstated it.

2) About a month ago, I accidentally bought 2 copies of the same Books of Magic TPB. They were different printings and grades, so they were easily identifiable. I included one that they graded and sent me as "VF" (which came right out of their shipping box and into a longbox until I sent it back). Oddly enough, they graded it "FN." Apparently, MCS is like a car dealership in that comics immediately drop a grade upon leaving the warehouse.

3) I sent 8 copies of one of the old Dark Horse Presents that were those oversized/newspaper sized folded down the middle things. To try and ship them without screwing them up, I put them flat on the bottom of the box. They claim they didn't receive them, which likely means that whatever warehouse monkey unpacked the box just completely ignored those comics and I can only guess that they were thrown away.

I'm impressed. They keep finding new ways to piss me off.

Yeah, or they ended up in someones pocket.

When I hear about missing variants from orders, etc, really makes me wonder if someones been pocketing that stuff. Ownership may stick up for it's employees, without realizing what's going on right under their nose.

We had a couple stores on CCL - BrettsComicPile comes to mind - who started having a ton of problems with orders, books missing, shipped to wrong address, never shipped, etc, and when the dust settled it turned out it was one or two employees responsible for most of the missing books.

Xylob
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2014 4:46:52 PM

bovard wrote:
...When I hear about missing variants from orders, etc, really makes me wonder if someones been pocketing that stuff. Ownership may stick up for it's employees, without realizing what's going on right under their nose...

Ooh
I can't belive that didn't occur to me... especially considering all the similar crap I've seen people do at various jobs I've had over the years.
I'm not saying this is what's happening, but it's certainly something to ponder.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

rook68
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:29:06 AM

DRUMCZAR wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
bovard wrote:
"Orders can't be changed after they're processed"

A fairly reasonable policy, in some circumstances. I would say the policy was put in place so when a buyer makes a purchase, and MCS packages it and are ready to ship or already have shiped, and then the same buyer places another order soon after the first (hours/days), and then wants that order included with the shipping of the first. That happens alot. But if you pack and ship quickly, you can see the problem.

HOWEVER - parroting policies does nothing to solve problems. It does nothing to help the customer, and is poor business practice. And, in no way resembles customer service.

AND - What about when they (MCS) screw the order up in the first place... missing books, wrong variants, miss graded... etc.

As Frozilla mentioned, a lot of orders reallly do get built around one or two books that the buyer really wants, and if they can't be delivered as expected, then it can be a deal breaker for the whole order.

As a buyer, I want the order I placed, and if part of it is missing, or not as described, then I might not want any of it, and would expect full refund.

I actually have an order right now, for which I can't find one of the books. This does not usually occur, as I keep really close track of everything, but I'm not perfect, and it can happen once in a while. I offered the customer a replacement, or they can recieve a refund for the one missing book, or can get a refund for the whole order. However they want to handle it is fine with me.

Giving the customer a multitude of options to fix the problem is key. Hard for things to turn out badly when a seller does this.

100% AGREE

Same. Give the customer options to rectify. Bovard and Drumczar are great examples. Great service all around guys. Love ordering from your stores. You talk to your customers. Fair prices. Great books. Fixes issues, if any, fast. Lol. Sounds like an endorsement for you but yeah. I buy books here more than anywhere else because of guys like you. Bravo!

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:49:26 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

bovard wrote:
We had a couple stores on CCL - BrettsComicPile comes to mind - who started having a ton of problems with orders, books missing, shipped to wrong address, never shipped, etc, and when the dust settled it turned out it was one or two employees responsible for most of the missing books.

Close, but it was just the one employee. If he had kept me instead of the other guy BCP would probably still be open. Broken Heart

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Rex_Kramer
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 9:31:21 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

RottenArsenal wrote:
Now, I doubt that Buddy has changed his philosophy on wages so the warehouse monkeys probably get paid a smidge above minimum wage with pretty much no benefits. It's a high turnover position and usually it's a bunch of young adults with little job experience but thought that working for a comic book shop would be fun. This is also usually the case with the people who are packing the comics for shipping.

^^^This explains a lot. I used to order about $200 a month just from MCS when I was trying to reboot my current comic collection, about 4 or 5 years ago. Couldn't beat the free shipping and my initial orders were getting to me in great condition. So...I kept placing orders for 50 to 75 books at a time, sometimes twice a month. But that didn't last. After sending back two huge orders (mostly manhandled, pinched covers and corner damage) at a cost to ME of about $25 each, I stopped doing business with them. I even explained to Beth that the bundles of books exhibited drop damage on opposite ends of the bundles and the shipping box would be pristine, lol! Even sent pics. She didn't care. "Send it back if you're not happy" was her standard reply.

And then I discovered CCL. :)
SwiftMann
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 3:42:39 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I just forwarded my e-mail from July 5th about the unpaid shipping reimbursement. I also noted that an e-mail from June about my account being deleted went unanswered.

I'll give this through the end of the week and then it's off to bbb.org for me.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Xylob
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 4:15:50 PM

You could try filing a mail-fraud claim with the USPS as well (depending on the specifics of the situation).

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Atilla2k
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 6:09:23 PM

SwiftMann wrote:
I just forwarded my e-mail from July 5th about the unpaid shipping reimbursement. I also noted that an e-mail from June about my account being deleted went unanswered.

I'll give this through the end of the week and then it's off to bbb.org for me.

I haven't given up my crusade against them, I just filed my bbb complaint!