Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
The Strain Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:30:13 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Did anyone else check out this comic-based show?

I just watched the pilot episode last night, and I've got the 2nd episode waiting for me. I've never read the comic, so I have no comparison to it. But on it's own, it was a fan-freaking-tastic show! It felt like a well-made movie from the late 80s or 90s. It had similar pacing and dialogue, which to me is a good thing. But the special effects and production values were leagues beyond that era, top-notch here. And I always like a good vampire story, when it involves real, killer vampires that don't sparkle.

This will be one I will definitely continue to watch.

Your thoughts on it?

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:59:15 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I haven't seen it yet but the promos that they ran for it looked intriguing.

Is it about vampires?

I might try watching it with the GF see what she thinks. If I like it but she doesn't then I'll be watching it alone!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:55:34 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I haven't seen it yet but the promos that they ran for it looked intriguing.

Is it about vampires?

I might try watching it with the GF see what she thinks. If I like it but she doesn't then I'll be watching it alone!

It's about vampires, but vampirism that spread like a sickness or disease.

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 11:02:15 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

One of my buddies brought the first mini to me at work and said "you MUST read this" - it was pretty bad-ass.
I've got the first two eps on my DVR, but haven't had time to watch them yet. I've only heard good about it so far though.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 2:03:53 PM

Groups: Member

I have the comics but never read them. Seems like they are always on the "to read list" that I never get around to. As for the show, I just watched the second episode last night and it continues to build up to the eventual vampirism out break. So far really loving it. I like how they go back to some of the old mythos of vampires- like having to sleep in soil from their homeland. The vampires are savage, deadly and uncaring just the way vampires should be. The wife tried to watch it with me but she doesn't like it. Its not her kind of new age, beautiful, bubble gum, teen heart throb kind of vampires (ala Vampire Diaries).

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 2:53:26 PM

Just a quick question? Does that poster offend anyone? Because I was told to take it down on another site and I completely fail to see how it's offensive at all.

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:17:21 PM

ukblueky wrote:
...Seems like they are always on the "to read list" that I never get around to...
It never ends... in fact, mine seems to grow little bit each Wednesday
BurningDoom wrote:
Just a quick question? Does that poster offend anyone? Because I was told to take it down on another site and I completely fail to see how it's offensive at all.
What?! maybe they're just squeamish sissies.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:32:31 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:

Really? I've seen way more offensive stuff than this. I doubt that you posted that on a kid's site...Anxious

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:39:41 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

Really? I've seen way more offensive stuff than this. I doubt that you posted that on a kid's site...Anxious

Nope. Retro-gaming site where nearly nude anime chicks are posted by the JRPGs fanboys all the time. And even if I did post it on a children's site the image no worse than something you'd see on the cover of a Tales From the Crypt comic or a Goosebumps book.

ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:19:43 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

Nope. Retro-gaming site where nearly nude anime chicks are posted by the JRPGs fanboys all the time. And even if I did post it on a children's site the image no worse than something you'd see on the cover of a Tales From the Crypt comic or a Goosebumps book.

Maybe if the picture showed lots of cleavage it would have been fine then. Lesson learned T&A okay, parasite in an eyeball a big no no.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:56:24 AM

Shop at My Store

Colleen and I watched the first three shows together. It appears that I will be watching the rest of them by my lonesome. She called it quits after the Goth guy lost his junk.

I think it's a pretty cool show albeit dark and disturbing. I'm two behind right now but should be back up to speed quickly.

Hall Liquidations

Shogun684
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 4:47:19 PM

So far so good. Loving it.
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 7:14:33 PM

Finally gotten around to watching the first few eps on the DVR and it's pretty cool.
The wife likes it too!
I've only read the first mini (several months ago), but have already noticed quite a few deviations from the comics.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

lbej
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 5:11:20 AM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

This is the only current show I'm watching, otherwise I stick to sports and business news. I haven't read the comics or the novels so it's all new to me. I'm enjoying it except I'd like to see less of the ex-wife (as in none). Less family drama, more vampire battles, please.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 6:52:19 AM

I noticed RoboCop directed the last episode we watched.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted: